Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($149 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5983 posts
5840 upvotes
BC
SquadG wrote: Yes. All tools and batteries does in this promotion.
Are you certain that the battery and charger qualify for the LSA? I thought they had to be part of a kit which typically means they all come in the same box. Since these are a "buy this, get that" deal, I'm not so sure.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
SizzleChest wrote: Are you certain that the battery and charger qualify for the LSA? I thought they had to be part of a kit which typically means they all come in the same box. Since these are a "buy this, get that" deal, I'm not so sure.
Yes, I am 110% sure. The items can be LSA if:
- Tool -> Most of them are LSA but some are 3 years (like the gaz blower)
- Batteries -> If a charger is present, LSA, else 3 years
- Chargers -> If a battery is present, LSA, else 3 years.

Since the starter kit is charger + battery, it's good for LSA.
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5983 posts
5840 upvotes
BC
SquadG wrote: Yes, I am 110% sure. The items can be LSA if:

Good to know. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
Hardshank wrote:
2020 10:14 am

The circular saw is honestly outstanding. While it does has heft, as the other user noted, I was very surprised at how light it actually is without batteries. Even with a 4ah, it's still lighter than my old skil saw.

If you ever have to do any sort of demolition, the reciprocating saw will make your life incredibly easy. Need to read down a deck? No problem. Cut down small trees? Easy. Buzz through some firewood? Why not? I get a surprising amount of use out of mine. And, if you get into making stuff with pallet Wood, that tool will save you hours of hard work.

If you see yourself doing lots of renno, the multi tool is worth considering. I love cutting drywall with them, and might pick one up just for that. I've seen a cutter that's perfectly sized to cut out single gang recepticals in one shot.
SquadG wrote: Go with the multi-tool. It's so versatile and I use it all the time.

Along the circular saw, I've baugh both the reciprocating saw and the multi-tool. I realy don't need both so I will return one after more taught. Buy now, think later ;)

thanks

P-S, made a mail order no problem battery was included for free for each tool.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Jul 30th, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Mar 9, 2020
353 posts
679 upvotes
I have a new born so I'm a little uneasy of going into stores. Better safe than sorry. I already seem to have more 2ah batteries than needed. Is there any demand for reselling them on kijiji? What do they typical sell for (for any of you that have had success) debating if it's worth ordering anything online.
Jun 4, 2007
978 posts
373 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Both will work so get the cheaper one. Just remember you will need an adapter 3/8 to 1/2 or a 3/8 socket for your lug that is impact rated.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
fyrebug wrote: I have a new born so I'm a little uneasy of going into stores. Better safe than sorry. I already seem to have more 2ah batteries than needed. Is there any demand for reselling them on kijiji? What do they typical sell for (for any of you that have had success) debating if it's worth ordering anything online.
I seem to fetch $45 for the battery and about $35 to $45 for the charger or $80 for both. Always take me 2-3 months to sell. Charger is fast but the battery, nobody want that.
<no self promotion>
Jun 4, 2007
978 posts
373 upvotes
Seagull21 wrote: I’ve got both. The 3/8th will take the 150ftlbs nuts off my truck. You’re fine with it. It’s much smaller and lighter than the 1/2.
Thank you.
Mar 9, 2020
353 posts
679 upvotes
SquadG wrote:
I seem to fetch $45 for the battery and about $35 to $45 for the charger or $80 for both. Always take me 2-3 months to sell. Charger is fast but the battery, nobody want that.
Interesting thank you.

I feel like just getting 35 for the charger is already pretty good. I have a pile of those too.
Jun 12, 2018
793 posts
1164 upvotes
Ontario
Great post OP.

Was hoping they might have the octane hammerdrill on but doesn't seem to be offered as a bare tool.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3864 posts
1153 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi, stupid questions maybe but does the LSA apply to the battery included? Can a 2.0 AH battery run long enough for me to do lug nuts on 3 cars?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7636 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
mfrania wrote: Thank you, I appreciate your reply.
There's another thread here from Princess Auto with a 9.99 adaptor kit that include a 3/8" to 1/2".

Please note: This kit is for everyday home use. At this price you don't get Impact-rated adaptors.
Last edited by Inno on Jul 30th, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
stevo88 wrote: Great post OP.

Was hoping they might have the octane hammerdrill on but doesn't seem to be offered as a bare tool.
It has been a while that it is no longer offered in Canada - only the US... they don't promote much the Octane line which I think doesn't help their sales but whatever.
flamez1000 wrote: Hi, stupid questions maybe but does the LSA apply to the battery included? Can a 2.0 AH battery run long enough for me to do lug nuts on 3 cars?
The LSA apply to the battery kit, yes. The 2AH battery should do 2 cars for sure, 3 I don't know.
<no self promotion>
May 18, 2005
607 posts
113 upvotes
The HD web show the tool is LSA, But the starter kit listed 3 years on the web. I read here long ago if its promotion and you get the combo together then the battery is LSA as well. But now sure whether it still applies now a day.
SquadG wrote: Yes, I am 110% sure. The items can be LSA if:

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1198 posts
1187 upvotes
I don't need any of this but have a thumb up for excellent format of the post
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
vv12 wrote: The HD web show the tool is LSA, But the starter kit listed 3 years on the web. I read here long ago if its promotion and you get the combo together then the battery is LSA as well. But now sure whether it still applies now a day.
See attached. The 3 years warranty is IF you don't register.

Also, see the attached booklet on HD's website: https://images.homedepot.ca/s7viewers/h ... ty-pdf.pdf
Images
  • Untitled.png
<no self promotion>
Mar 7, 2011
956 posts
971 upvotes
Has anyone gotten this in store yet? Or is it active next week like the Ryobi deal?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2004
2019 posts
96 upvotes
GTA - East York
ES_Revenge wrote: Yassss! Knew there was gonna be Ridgid deals this month! :) Glad I didn't register my LSA on my subcompact 'cause this is even better deal! Gonna grab this return the other one I guess? I feel bad about returning something I used a couple times though but I guess the serial# is on the receipt so I can't just return the new one with the old receipt, right? Maybe I can go in-store and tell them I'm returning it 'cause the battery deal and just re-buy the same one? I mean it's totally like-new and all but he's like my buddy now, don't want to trade him for another one :lol:

Also no hammer drill in this? Disappointing since the R8611506 is badass hammer drill but looks like they don't even sell this in Canada anyway :(

They have the sheet sander in this but no orbit sander, kinda sucks too. Should I get the sheet sander?

The jobsite radio, not that I'd buy it anyway, but I wanna say this was $80 on sale before, without any return trick, no? The new charging radio seems cool but wow--way too expensive even with the return trick. How good is that thing to warrant that kind of price? I mean it better be good, right?
just found the hammer drill and impact driver set are $248 where are a good price imo.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001076815

The same combo also listed for $299 at the same time, dont know why.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
ditto wrote: just found the hammer drill and impact driver set are $248 where are a good price imo.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001076815

The same combo also listed for $299 at the same time, dont know why.
The combo at $248 has 1x 4AH and 1x 2AH. The one at $299 has 2x 4AH. Also, the one at $299 was cheaper not too long ago on sale and it even had a free octane tool included (saw, recip or jigsaw).
<no self promotion>
Jun 3, 2013
720 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
tunda11 wrote: Has anyone gotten this in store yet? Or is it active next week like the Ryobi deal?
I did it in store this morning - signs say it's good until September 30th I believe.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)