Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($149 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:05 pm
Dec 10, 2003
157 posts
205 upvotes
How long is your registration taking? I registered Sept 3rd and as of today still haven’t any update on the site... still pending..

Bought august 3rd so still have a bit of time here but time is ticking down.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1136 posts
281 upvotes
Markham
cncpun wrote: How long is your registration taking? I registered Sept 3rd and as of today still haven’t any update on the site... still pending..

Bought august 3rd so still have a bit of time here but time is ticking down.
Said up to 6 weeks to be completed
Sandviper
Dec 10, 2003
157 posts
205 upvotes
sandviper wrote: Said up to 6 weeks to be completed
Really? It told me 2 weeks... so are you still waiting too? What’s your timing?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5816 posts
3158 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
cncpun wrote: Really? It told me 2 weeks... so are you still waiting too? What’s your timing?
I've registered many Ridgid products over the last 10+ years and it's never taken just 2 weeks. 4-6 weeks has been the norm.
Jun 27, 2020
103 posts
89 upvotes
Kingston
Big take away on this one is to keep checking once in a while. You won't get an email or anything if there's any issues.

I had the "Action required" status on one of them, probably took roughly 6 weeks to show. It was an online order / pickup in store type of order, so the invoice wasn't exactly the same. Contacted them by the website function to inquire, they checked and confirmed that they had some issues with those invoices. They sorted it out, and activated the LSA. BUT... at the same time they looked at the other pending ones I had (even one registered only 1 week ago) and they activated the LSA on everything I had pending.

I'm not saying to contact them right away, but keep looking into it, and if you don't hear from them at least 14 days before the end of your registration period then yes definitely look into it.
Dec 10, 2003
157 posts
205 upvotes
So an update. I messaged them via the website last night and got a note today that they've reviewed my file and have added the LSA. Seems like it just sits there until they get prodded.
ChicoQuente wrote: I've registered many Ridgid products over the last 10+ years and it's never taken just 2 weeks. 4-6 weeks has been the norm.
Interesting, the website says 2 weeks both when you add a new tool as well as when you check the FAQ. In any event a message to them solved it all.
Jun 27, 2018
319 posts
272 upvotes
Ghiness wrote: Just call them. I had the same thing, I redid the uploaded and waited and nothing. I then called them, they told me to attach an image of the receipt in an e-mail. I uploaded the exact same one that I uploaded originally on the registration then the same day they activated the LSA. I really don't know what the issue was but if you call it'll get handled within the day.
Thank you. I was trying not to call and being on hold. But lost patience and called today. All sorted out. Like you mentioned my problem was with online order and store pick up item. All direct purchases went with no problems. Any way the CSR sorted out the issue and LSA is active immediately. Thanks again for the timely advice
Aug 6, 2006
145 posts
41 upvotes
Concord
Does the 18V Ridgid gen 5 hybrid fan ever get included in the battery promo?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
musketeer wrote: Does the 18V Ridgid gen 5 hybrid fan ever get included in the battery promo?
Never saw that since I've been watching Ridgid sales in 2015
<no self promotion>
Jun 27, 2020
103 posts
89 upvotes
Kingston
SquadG wrote: Never saw that since I've been watching Ridgid sales in 2015
Quick question for you if you've been watching the sales since 2015. I need to acquire the gen5x kit with the 2x 4.0 batteries. Does that kit go on sale sometimes ? I have a few Ridgid tools that I bought this summer for specific projects (radio, multi material saw, router...) with many 2.0Ah batteries. My HD doesn't do / like partial returns (I've had bad luck, and because I cause there often enough for returning material I tried not to be "that guy" so I don't push my luck).

I don't need all the kit now, but that would give me the opportunity to make the complete switch to Ridgid. I have corded tools in so many brands, and whatever cordless I have in a different brand I'll sell once I have the basic tool. I've only been watching sales for the last 4 months due to moving last year and completing lots of renos this summer. Couldn't bring work tools at home so had to use my old stuff...

Merci !
Dec 10, 2003
157 posts
205 upvotes
patapouf wrote: Quick question for you if you've been watching the sales since 2015. I need to acquire the gen5x kit with the 2x 4.0 batteries. Does that kit go on sale sometimes ? I have a few Ridgid tools that I bought this summer for specific projects (radio, multi material saw, router...) with many 2.0Ah batteries. My HD doesn't do / like partial returns (I've had bad luck, and because I cause there often enough for returning material I tried not to be "that guy" so I don't push my luck).

I don't need all the kit now, but that would give me the opportunity to make the complete switch to Ridgid. I have corded tools in so many brands, and whatever cordless I have in a different brand I'll sell once I have the basic tool. I've only been watching sales for the last 4 months due to moving last year and completing lots of renos this summer. Couldn't bring work tools at home so had to use my old stuff...

Merci !
I was in your boat waiting for a sale on the same. Then realized with the free battery it’s on sale now (87 dollars back)... why not make a drive down to Belleville or elsewhere some day within the next 90 days to return it there...? It is technically also on a small sale right now (20 dollars off). I haven’t see a real good sale on it... but haven’t been waiting as long as 5 years above....
Last edited by cncpun on Oct 15th, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 27, 2020
103 posts
89 upvotes
Kingston
cncpun wrote: I was in your boat waiting for a sale on the same. Then realized with the free battery it’s on sale now... why not make a drive down to Belleville or elsewhere some day within the next 90 days to return it there...? It is technically on a small sale right now. I haven’t see a sale on it but haven’t been waiting as long as 5 years above....
Thanks. I've been debating doing exactly that, and it might come to it. The price it's currently is a good price, specially with that free battery. Not planning to head towards Belleville anytime, but maybe Ottawa eventually.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
patapouf wrote: Quick question for you if you've been watching the sales since 2015. I need to acquire the gen5x kit with the 2x 4.0 batteries. Does that kit go on sale sometimes ? I have a few Ridgid tools that I bought this summer for specific projects (radio, multi material saw, router...) with many 2.0Ah batteries. My HD doesn't do / like partial returns (I've had bad luck, and because I cause there often enough for returning material I tried not to be "that guy" so I don't push my luck).

Merci !
It never really come on sale... best I saw is $249. However, from time to time, they have a promo where you buy this kit and they give you another tool free (circular saw, recip, jobmax, etc).

If you have a US friend, your best bet would be Direct Factory Tool Outlet and get the Octane combo kit at $249 US.
<no self promotion>
Jun 27, 2020
103 posts
89 upvotes
Kingston
Thanks for your quick reply. I had US friends, but not planning to drive down there anytime soon! I might just wait and see. or get it with the 2ah battery and go for a drive for a return. I don't need it right at the moment, but definitively before the spring!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
patapouf wrote: Thanks for your quick reply. I had US friends, but not planning to drive down there anytime soon! I might just wait and see. or get it with the 2ah battery and go for a drive for a return. I don't need it right at the moment, but definitively before the spring!
I hear ya! Just in case you didn't know, stuff bought at Direct Factory Tool Outlet can also be registered for LSA as well.
<no self promotion>