Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 4ah Max Battery with 4 tool kit purchase ($348)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 7:58 am
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Free Ridgid 4ah Max Battery with 4 tool kit purchase ($348)

Was at Home Depot and I saw with the purchase of the 4 tool Ridgid brushless tool kit, you can now receive a free 4ah Max battery.
I had bought the kit a few weeks ago at $348 and went back to receive a free battery, which sweetens the deal a little bit.
I've used all the tools so far and they have been great!

I know the pricy may have dipped below $348 in another thread but didn't have any near me and I thought $348 was still a good price for these 4 popular tools.

Stocktrack to see if there are any near you:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001593043

Update: users who bought the kit for $250 a few weeks ago reported not being able to claim the free battery as they would have to return and resell the kit at $348.

Alternatively if you missed out on the sale you could return the free battery (return value of $104) and get the kit down to about $244.

Thanks @MrRockstar and @JimmyC680

Link is broken, please use this link
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001593043
Images
  • 20220928_205010.jpg
Last edited by boofi on Oct 1st, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4585 posts
19309 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Title is super misleading.
Clickbait

For a member who has been around since 2003, I would have expected better.
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
stovetop wrote: Title is super misleading.
Clickbait

For a member who has been around since 2003, I would have expected better.
I realized as soon as I posted and updated right away sorry about that .
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4585 posts
19309 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
boofi wrote: I realized as soon as I posted and updated right away sorry about that .
No worries, thanks for updating title.
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
This is the kit a of of people purchased a few weeks ago for 249CAD, right? Does it mean that we can get a 3rd battery by speaking to HD and asking for it?
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
JimmyC680 wrote: This is the kit a of of people purchased a few weeks ago for 249CAD, right? Does it mean that we can get a 3rd battery by speaking to HD and asking for it?
Same kit, I didn't get it for $250 but I would definitely go back to the store and ask for the free battery, worked for me.
One caveat is the customer service had to refund me the original kit and resell the kit to me to get the free battery ( I didn't bring the kit back to the store, just the receipt). So hopefully they don't have to resell the kit to you at a higher price.
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
boofi wrote: Same kit, I didn't get it for $250 but I would definitely go back to the store and ask for the free battery, worked for me.
One caveat is the customer service had to refund me the original kit and resell the kit to me to get the free battery ( I didn't bring the kit back to the store, just the receipt). So hopefully they don't have to resell the kit to you at a higher price.
Thanks for the response. Really nice of you to share the details. I will try the chat for now to see what they say. Cheers!
Aug 20, 2018
388 posts
433 upvotes
JimmyC680 wrote: Thanks for the response. Really nice of you to share the details. I will try the chat for now to see what they say. Cheers!
Keep us posted!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7640 posts
448 upvotes
BC
boofi wrote: Same kit, I didn't get it for $250 but I would definitely go back to the store and ask for the free battery, worked for me.
Would the extra battery be worth the extra $100?

Assuming you got the kit for $250
insert witty comment
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
manixc wrote: Would the extra battery be worth the extra $100?

On my receipt the battery return value shows 104 and the kit value shows 243. So total of 348 which is what I paid.
Jul 23, 2011
696 posts
202 upvotes
Thanks OP for sharing this deal.

manixc wrote: Would the extra battery be worth the extra $100?

I would rather save $100.

The kit comes with a 4ah battery and a 2ah battery. I can see someone wanting an extra 4ah battery as a backup or needing one if they have a DIY deck project but for minor repairs around the house, two batteries are good enough. Personally, I would return the free battery and pocket the cash and enjoy RIDGID's lifetime service agreement.

And there are always deals for a free battery with other tools so you'll score another one sooner or later.
Last edited by MrRockstar on Oct 1st, 2022 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pegasus: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 / Intel S2600CP2J / Hynix 256GB DDR3 ECC / HGST Deskstar NAS 8TB x15 (120TB) / Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
thebigkielbasa wrote: Keep us posted!
So it went like this:

Neel T.  at 10:38, Oct 1:
Hi there , You do not need to add the free tool to your cart while checking out, As it states on the promotion - Limited time only. While quantities last. Free Item will appear in cart, subject to availability in-store or online. Promotion started this week and your order was made on 09-17-22. if you wish to get free battery , you will have to return this order and reorder .

You at 10:39, Oct 1:
Thanks for the explanation.Read

You  at 10:40, Oct 1:
I see that the item went up in price since I purchased it like 2 weeks ago. Could I get it at the same price and get the free battery too? Read

Neel T. at 10:41, Oct 1:
Unfortunately , you will have to purchase it on current price listed on website to get free battery . We can not honor previous sale price .

You at 10:42, Oct 1:
Thanks for the clarification. I will check if it's worth it. Have a great weekend!
Jul 23, 2011
696 posts
202 upvotes
JimmyC680 wrote: So it went like this:

Neel T.  at 10:38, Oct 1:
Hi there , You do not need to add the free tool to your cart while checking out, As it states on the promotion - Limited time only. While quantities last. Free Item will appear in cart, subject to availability in-store or online. Promotion started this week and your order was made on 09-17-22. if you wish to get free battery , you will have to return this order and reorder .

You at 10:39, Oct 1:
Thanks for the explanation.Read

You  at 10:40, Oct 1:
I see that the item went up in price since I purchased it like 2 weeks ago. Could I get it at the same price and get the free battery too? Read

Neel T. at 10:41, Oct 1:
Unfortunately , you will have to purchase it on current price listed on website to get free battery . We can not honor previous sale price .

You at 10:42, Oct 1:
Thanks for the clarification. I will check if it's worth it. Have a great weekend!

Kudos for giving it a go
Pegasus: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 / Intel S2600CP2J / Hynix 256GB DDR3 ECC / HGST Deskstar NAS 8TB x15 (120TB) / Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7640 posts
448 upvotes
BC
MrRockstar wrote: Thanks OP for sharing this deal.

The kit comes with a 4ah battery and a 2ah battery. I can see someone wanting an extra 4ah battery as a backup or needing one if they have a DIY deck project but for minor repairs around the house, two batteries are alright.

And there are always deals for a free battery with other tools so you'll score another one sooner or later.
Yeah, after some thoughts, it's better to save $100.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1524 posts
873 upvotes
Markham
$100 for a 4Ah Max battery seems reasonable. Alternatively, you can return the battery and get the kit for 243! This is even cheaper than before, by $7.
manixc wrote:
Would the extra battery be worth the extra $100?

boofi wrote: On my receipt the battery return value shows 104 and the kit value shows 243. So total of 348 which is what I paid.
Dec 26, 2015
880 posts
735 upvotes
Manitoba
got the kit on $250 a few weeks ago. Would love an extra battery, but not necessary for the extra $100 for me. Need a deal on the orbital sander now :D
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
MrRockstar wrote: Thanks OP for sharing this deal.

The kit comes with a 4ah battery and a 2ah battery. I can see someone wanting an extra 4ah battery as a backup or needing one if they have a DIY deck project but for minor repairs around the house, two batteries are good enough. Personally, I would return the free battery and pocket the cash and enjoy RIDGID's lifetime service agreement.

That's a great idea, I missed out on the earlier deal, can return the free battery for $100 savings.
Apr 8, 2007
452 posts
257 upvotes
Just to confirm, definitely can't get the free battery if you bought the kit at $250 previously. Though I did talk to the same rep (Neel T) as JimmyC680. Wasn't expecting it to be possible but figured I would ask.

Returning the battery to get the kit for $243 I'm sure is a great option for those who were looking to get it at the $250 a couple weeks ago. Might want to add that to the first post OP.
Last edited by bnevets27 on Oct 1st, 2022 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
bnevets27 wrote: Just to confirm, definitely can't get the free battery if you bought the kit at $250 previously. Wasn't expecting it to be possible but figured I would ask.

Returning the battery to get the kit for $243 I'm sure is a great option for those who were looking to get it at the $250 a couple weeks ago. Might want to add that to the first post OP.
Good idea, updated OP.
Feb 3, 2004
22 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
What happends if we return without a bill. Do we get the current price as a refund? Couldn't we do that and then rebuy? Not sure if it would actually work or if it is even posiible?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)