Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 4ah Max Battery with 4 tool kit purchase ($348)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 7:58 am
Dec 29, 2004
514 posts
697 upvotes
SWO
victorl wrote: What happends if we return without a bill. Do we get the current price as a refund? Couldn't we do that and then rebuy? Not sure if it would actually work or if it is even posiible?
So... you want to return something and receive more than you paid for it?

I'm all for a deal but there are limits. The original deal was pretty good.
Feb 3, 2004
22 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
Only to get the free battery which I should be able to get regardless of the price I paid it in the first place.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1591 posts
878 upvotes
Thanks OP. I wasn’t able to get the $250 pricing as HD head office updated pricing to $348 and with battery promo. I can always return battery for the kit for $244 if needed.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1417 posts
736 upvotes
Markham
I am not following you. Are you planning to return the kit for $350+tx, and therefore end up paying nothing for the battery?

If it is, does it sound or feel right to you?
victorl wrote: Only to get the free battery which I should be able to get regardless of the price I paid it in the first place.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3655 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
victorl wrote: Only to get the free battery which I should be able to get regardless of the price I paid it in the first place.
You are not automatically entitled to mix and match different parts of different promos. You should not be able to combine the lower price from one with a freebie from another.
Aug 13, 2021
191 posts
342 upvotes
If you want to return free battery then it's hot deal same as other deal for $250.
But if you're not returning free battery then it's not because you're paying $100 for just 1 extra battery.

Thumps up for OP efforts.
Jan 3, 2022
55 posts
96 upvotes
I got this kit today and compared in garage with my current drill and impact Makita LTX with 4.0 batteries (I believe Makitas are brushed).
You get what you pay for.
1. Batteries seat flimsy in brand new tools. In 2 years old Makitas batteries seat tighter
2. Wider battery socket. Even 2 ah Ridgid battery looks much bigger than Makita's 4.0
3. Charger. Slow charger in Ridgid. Makita has fast charger with fan and recharge 4.0 batteries much faster
4. Socket for bits on impact is not straight. It's not perfect on Makita too, it's not big deal on short bits but if put long screw bit or big drill bit - tip bouncing as crazy and much worse than on Makita's impact. I'm going to try exchange impact tomorrow.
5. Maybe because Makita is brushed- they have better predicted RPM control with trigger. I found it when we got at work brushless Milwaukee and they are tricky to control low RPM, same as this Ridgid's.
6. Drill and impact slight louder on full speed than Makita.
Benefits- tools are powerful, stronger. Ridgid drill better in everything compare to Makita (that advanced model too). Nice multitool in kit, can get rid corded Dremel.
Don't be fooled by low price. I thought Ridgid tools in par with top brands like Milwaukee, Dewalt and Makita, but no, they priced accordingly for their quality
Aug 13, 2021
191 posts
342 upvotes
dim000h2 wrote: I got this kit today and compared in garage with my current drill and impact Makita LTX with 4.0 batteries (I believe Makitas are brushed).
You get what you pay for.
1. Batteries seat flimsy in brand new tools. In 2 years old Makitas batteries seat tighter
2. Wider battery socket. Even 2 ah Ridgid battery looks much bigger than Makita's 4.0
3. Charger. Slow charger in Ridgid. Makita has fast charger with fan and recharge 4.0 batteries much faster
4. Socket for bits on impact is not straight. It's not perfect on Makita too, it's not big deal on short bits but if put long screw bit or big drill bit - tip bouncing as crazy and much worse than on Makita's impact. I'm going to try exchange impact tomorrow.
5. Maybe because Makita is brushed- they have better predicted RPM control with trigger. I found it when we got at work brushless Milwaukee and they are tricky to control low RPM, same as this Ridgid's.
6. Drill and impact slight louder on full speed than Makita.
Benefits- tools are powerful, stronger. Ridgid drill better in everything compare to Makita (that advanced model too). Nice multitool in kit, can get rid corded Dremel.
Don't be fooled by low price. I thought Ridgid tools in par with top brands like Milwaukee, Dewalt and Makita, but no, they priced accordingly for their quality
I also noticed that some of the Ridgid Tools are priced equivalent to dewalt but I personally think that dewalt is better than Ridgid. I think some Ridgid tools are overpriced equal to dewalt.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1417 posts
736 upvotes
Markham
Are those regular prices you compared? Ridgid tools are always discounted and often cleared for very low prices. Factor LSA in and they are the best bang for the buck.

Performance-wise, they were never expected to be the same as Dewalt or Milwaukee.
Devildyer wrote:
I also noticed that some of the Ridgid Tools are priced equivalent to dewalt but I personally think that dewalt is better than Ridgid. I think some Ridgid tools are overpriced equal to dewalt.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3655 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
Personally I use a drill for drilling. But maybe that's just me. I have only used the impact with nut drivers in which case a little wobble is not relevant.
Sep 29, 2009
113 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
dim000h2 wrote: Tried to exchange impact driver but they didn't let me, so I need brought back whole kit
With new kit exactly same story
Is it all of them like this?
Surprised people buying this kits and nobody mentioned impact defective
Makita
https://youtube.com/shorts/LegrLtlaj1E?feature=share
Ridgid
https://youtube.com/shorts/mwCDgHmVlIQ?feature=share
That's impacts for ya. Even though the wobble is less with the Makita there's still wobbling. But impacts are not really meant for drilling holes, that's what the drill is for.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6007 posts
5873 upvotes
BC
I was skeptical about the max output batteries making much difference, but I did a quick comparison using my jigsaw and a 2ah MO battery is noticeably stronger than a 4ah standard battery.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5598 posts
1163 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: I was skeptical about the max output batteries making much difference, but I did a quick comparison using my jigsaw and a 2ah MO battery is noticeably stronger than a 4ah standard battery.
Yes there is definitely a large difference in tools that demand more power. My circular saw performs way better with octane/MO batteries.
Dec 12, 2013
352 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sort of unrelated to the OP but I was wondering if someone can tell me if I scored a decent deal. I was looking for a drill/driver for basic DIY work as I'm a new home owner:

I purchased a Ridgid 18V drill and impact driver kit that comes with two 2.0 amp batteries and a bag. The drill is 1/2 inch and the driver is 1/4 inch.

Regular price is $188. I found an returned kit for $158 which actually happens to be unopened (probably a mistake?). I got a 18V 2 amp battery for free with the purchase. The receipt says the refund value of the battery is $61 (might be a bit more, I don't have the receipt with me right now).

So $158 - 61 = $97 for the kit.

Hopefully I did well here, haha. Appreciated any help.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6007 posts
5873 upvotes
BC
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Sort of unrelated to the OP but I was wondering if someone can tell me if I scored a decent deal. I was looking for a drill/driver for basic DIY work as I'm a new home owner:

I purchased a Ridgid 18V drill and impact driver kit that comes with two 2.0 amp batteries and a bag. The drill is 1/2 inch and the driver is 1/4 inch.

Regular price is $188. I found an returned kit for $158 which actually happens to be unopened (probably a mistake?). I got a 18V 2 amp battery for free with the purchase. The receipt says the refund value of the battery is $61 (might be a bit more, I don't have the receipt with me right now).

So $158 - 61 = $97 for the kit.

Hopefully I did well here, haha. Appreciated any help.
Are they brushless tools? If so, you did pretty well. Not too long ago, there was a clearance deal for a Ridgid brushless drill and driver with two 4ah batteries for $90 but only a few stores had them and they went fast. You'd be waiting a long time for a deal like that to come up again.