Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:04 am
Jan 4, 2010
142 posts
94 upvotes
Joymax wrote: I'm wondering if the rumor Ryobi brushless models coming soon will have higher torque specs. At this price after returning the battery, it's quite tempting.
Nope, it'll only do 160 ft/lbs.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1151 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
SPARTACVS wrote: Hum, I might be right after all...
Is it better to wait then? Im in no rush need an orbital sander, sawzall and jigsaw just want to wait for the best deal possible
Dec 14, 2006
807 posts
315 upvotes
I bought one this afternoon at Beacon. When I went, stock said 7 (and that looked about right). Now showing 3.
The one staff that I spoke to had no idea about the promo, and it wasn't posted anywhere.
He was kind of a tool himself. Seemed annoyed to be there, and had zero customer service skills.
I ended up going to the customer service desk, and the lady there had no problem finding the offer details.
Crazy idea....maybe put up a sign or even card, and accelerate sales for the store. :( At the least, have staff that are informed.
Voyeur wrote: I headed out this afternoon looking to pick up the inflater. First stop, North Hill (Calgary) where the stock tracker said they have 9. I couldn't find them and ended up talking with the rep who said he had spent an hour early today looking for them, also with no luck. He said he would get the manager to zero out the stock tracker and I should head down to Chinook where they have 13. At Chinook the sales guy said the 13 were either on a truck on the way to the store or in receiving waiting to be unpacked. I'll have to try again on the weekend.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1054 posts
221 upvotes
Markham
maniac2403 wrote: Prices in store for the Brad nailer still showed $149 but it rang up as $184. They reduced the price to $149 along with free battery. Didn't bother with SCOP.
Gentile wrote: Can anyone comment on the performance of the circular saw with a 4ah battery? I was hoping for a sale on the 7 1/2" brushless model but for $50 it looks pretty good.
Same got them to adjust to $149 & didn’t bother w scop.

I returned the battery & paid $92.90 plus tax
I will return the one I got w 20% off at $120 plus tax
Sandviper
Jun 18, 2005
251 posts
655 upvotes
The new compact line of brushless tools will be very limited at intro. Only 6 tools announced so far and as the name implies they're focused on reduced size and weight and less so cutting a barn in half in 7 seconds: https://www.ryobitools.com/hp

Stick with Milwaukee if you need absurd RPMs, ft-lbs, etc.

Pics of the new compact fuel gauge batteries in that link.
May 29, 2019
23 posts
11 upvotes
Bought the half inch hammer drill/driver for 98.00. Brought the "free kit" with me to the teller with drywall 2x4's etc... Said two of these 5 of these, the drill and this one is free. "Hahahaha" she says. I said no seriously it's free. Rang it through and it came up free. "Well I'll be. That's a hella deal homie". "Yup, ngl it just moved a little" Took her a sec but she got it just in time to say "TMI boomer, thanks for shopping at HD".

TL;DR
Deals are honored at the tills in Edmonton (West end store anyway). Will try the return tomorrow. Regards Luke

Edit: I may be in love lol
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4281 posts
22185 upvotes
Montreal
St Constant still has the brad nailer and deflator/inflator listed at the lower prices.

I managed to return my jigsaw with the manager overridden price of $87.97 from the day one purchase when the promo was not working in the system.

Went in and bought another jigsaw with battery. This time the promo worked automatically at the cash. Went back to return the battery for a $50 credit.

Worked out to being a battery (0.01) and jigsaw (47.98) for less than 50$.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1670 posts
277 upvotes
Lévis
brensavoyton wrote: Is it better to wait then? Im in no rush need an orbital sander, sawzall and jigsaw just want to wait for the best deal possible
Honestly I don't know. Maybe focus on what you really need now. Or buy now and only open the tools you need because you have 90 days to return.
The new line will be out only in autumn.
Does Canada will receive the new line right away with sufficient stocks or much later?
At what prices?
Will there be some deals at the launch, black friday, hollidays, next summer?
Brushes can be changed if they even wear out.
If this was a bad deal, belive me, RFD comunity will have mention it...
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Aug 3rd, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Mar 31, 2011
95 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
krazykanuck wrote: St Constant still has the brad nailer and deflator/inflator listed at the lower prices.

I managed to return my jigsaw with the manager overridden price of $87.97 from the day one purchase when the promo was not working in the system.

Went in and bought another jigsaw with battery. This time the promo worked automatically at the cash. Went back to return the battery for a $50 credit.

Worked out to being a battery (0.01) and jigsaw (47.98) for less than 50$.
???

So you kept battery from kit #1, and the tool from kit #2?
Last edited by Blustreak on Aug 1st, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Mar 23, 2013
58 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I just picked up the brad nailer for $149 from Etobicoke South. Just showed the picture with the old price on the shelf.

There are no signs about this battery promo but it rang up fine. I picked up the brad nailer and sander.
Sep 23, 2010
420 posts
911 upvotes
T Dot
Joymax wrote: I was able to pickup the P747 inflator from HD today and it packaged no problem at checkout. But the JobPlus Base with Multi-tool Attachment didn't automatically package with the battery kit, so didn't end up getting it.

Anyone have experience with the Ryobi impact wrench? I'm kinda on the fence about the 300 ft lb torque, it doesn't feel like it's enough to take off stubborn bolts on a car. The ridgid impact wrench and brushless models offers a much higher torque ~650, but I don't have any of those batteries and cost a lot more.
Mr Snuff wrote: My car is 129 ft-lb and I was able to get the nuts off after this winter. Wasn't instant but still was able to after a few seconds. I was also using a wimpy 1.3ah battery. I'm sure it will be better once I swap in my new 4ah.
Joymax wrote: I sometimes do maintenance on my car, not just wheel nuts I need to take off. I think I'll need something a little higher to be safe. I've came across really stubborn bolts a few times and breaker bars didn't help. I had to take it to a shop and they took it off with ease using air impact wrench.

I'm wondering if the rumor Ryobi brushless models coming soon will have higher torque specs. At this price after returning the battery, it's quite tempting.
It depends which impact you're talking about. The P235a, which came with my combo isn't recommended according to the HD Q&A

What adapter would I purchase to connect a 1/2-inch drive socket to remove lug nuts off my car tire1
answer
Answer this Question
The Ryobi Canada Team

The Ryobi Canada Team
· 3 months ago
Hi Dread, Great question and thanks for reaching out! The RYOBI Cordless 1/4-inch Impact Driver kit is great for doing jobs around the house, drilling into concrete, or hard wood. But unfortunately it is not recommended for automotive use to remove lug nut on vehicles. It would work a few times but would start to burn out fairly quick.

RYOBI sells a ONE+ 1/2-inch Cordless 3-Speed Impact Wrench (Model # P261|Store SKU # 1000672279). This product is 100% designed for use on vehicles and most importantly lug nuts as most cars require 100/fts of torque on each lug nut for safety regulations. We hope this information helps! Thanks RYOBI Canada.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001411530
Mar 31, 2011
95 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
dingus wrote: The new compact line of brushless tools will be very limited at intro. Only 6 tools announced so far and as the name implies they're focused on reduced size and weight and less so cutting a barn in half in 7 seconds: https://www.ryobitools.com/hp
I started a new thread for general discussion on the new line. Feel free to add comments.

ryobi-revolution-here-ryobi-one-hp-comp ... es-2393458
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4281 posts
22185 upvotes
Montreal
Blustreak wrote: ???

So you kept battery from kit #1, and the tool from kit #2?
Yes. Battery had a max return value of 0.01, but the tool had a max return value of $87.97.
I wasn't sure if the return would work and decided to try and see.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
Anyone got their battery barcode blacked out when buying it??
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 3 guests)

mzungu40, heeedcase, networksend, magixx, Braanchy, emiliespam, SigBro