Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:04 am
Jan 12, 2004
669 posts
220 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote: It depends which impact you're talking about. The P235a, which came with my combo isn't recommended according to the HD Q&A

What adapter would I purchase to connect a 1/2-inch drive socket to remove lug nuts off my car tire1
answer
Answer this Question
The Ryobi Canada Team

The Ryobi Canada Team
· 3 months ago
Hi Dread, Great question and thanks for reaching out! The RYOBI Cordless 1/4-inch Impact Driver kit is great for doing jobs around the house, drilling into concrete, or hard wood. But unfortunately it is not recommended for automotive use to remove lug nut on vehicles. It would work a few times but would start to burn out fairly quick.

RYOBI sells a ONE+ 1/2-inch Cordless 3-Speed Impact Wrench (Model # P261|Store SKU # 1000672279). This product is 100% designed for use on vehicles and most importantly lug nuts as most cars require 100/fts of torque on each lug nut for safety regulations. We hope this information helps! Thanks RYOBI Canada.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001411530
Joymax was asking about the impact wrench, which is designed to take off bolts and lug nuts. You're talking about an impact driver. 2 different tools. An impact driver is like a hammer, designed for more precise work while an impact wrench would be like a sledge hammer, designed for brute force. It's easy to confuse the 2 because of the name.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
Anyone in Ottawa was able to return the battery? I don't think the Barrhaven store will allow it as they black out the battery code and write Free item on it.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Aug 3, 2005
75 posts
35 upvotes
worldwide
No confirmation of item shipped or ready for ispu. Just order recieved. Anyone pickup their order yet? Maybe I'm anxious as this is a good deal and can't wait;)
#shelfclear
#startthecar
Feb 11, 2016
179 posts
175 upvotes
Does it matter whether I bought in store or online when it comes to returning the battery?
Nov 7, 2012
225 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Xbowop wrote: Does it matter whether I bought in store or online when it comes to returning the battery?
Read the OP
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3403 posts
1048 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Managed to get a P747 inflator/deflator with SCOP due to the old sign still being posted at $59.88. As such I have an unopened one that was $27.11 ($64.77 before battery return) + tax if anyone wants to pick up in Stoney Creek. $30 and it’s yours otherwise I’ll be returning it in the next couple day’s.

EDIT: SOLD.
Last edited by ChicoQuente on Aug 1st, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 11, 2006
248 posts
86 upvotes
re: getting barcode blacked out, same thing happened to me at argentia location in mississauga
Last edited by abstract77 on Aug 1st, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 18, 2017
18 posts
2 upvotes
Picked up the P747 inflator in Surrey (Scott and 110). HD stock indicated 12 but more like 3
Mar 7, 2011
690 posts
625 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: Anyone in Ottawa was able to return the battery? I don't think the Barrhaven store will allow it as they black out the battery code and write Free item on it.
That's awful! Did they do that with all the batteries? Or does the cashier do it when you pay? They weren't doing that earlier this week.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3660 posts
456 upvotes
I'm going to be in Niagara falls tomorrow and the HD has the Inflator in stock.

I currently have 2 x 1.3A batteries from my old kit. Is there a big jump in real power going from 1.3A to 2A battery? Wondering if I should keep the battery and order for online pickup in Niagara.
Apr 25, 2005
861 posts
234 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: Anyone in Ottawa was able to return the battery? I don't think the Barrhaven store will allow it as they black out the battery code and write Free item on it.
Why don't you self checkout yeah?
by the way when I shopped there this morning that wasn't happening.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
tunda11 wrote:
That's awful! Did they do that with all the batteries? Or does the cashier do it when you pay? They weren't doing that earlier this week.
It's done when you pay at the cash.
theshowman wrote: Why don't you self checkout yeah?
by the way when I shopped there this morning that wasn't happening.
I didn't realize they would do that so I didn't bother to self checkout. I just took some readily available sanitizer and removed the marking lol. Now the issue is returning it.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14839 posts
3695 upvotes
Markham
If they only black out on the receipt
doesn't matter, as the return value should be in their system
fold the black out part. make a photo copy of the receipt
all they need is that bar code on the receipt

Also why not sign up for email receipt also
they can write whatever they want on the receipt
but if you have a email receipt. They can't write anything to it
Last edited by Keigotw on Aug 1st, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 23, 2007
471 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
I returned 4 batteries at kanata today. Also returned a multi tool I had bought last month, rethought with battery and returned the battery.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
Keigotw wrote: If they only black out on the receipt
doesn't matter, as the return value should be in their system
fold the black out part. make a photo copy of the receipt
all they need is that bar code on the receipt
Nothing on the receipt, they do it on the barcode on the battery itself.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 5 guests)

zeuslaba, xtreme883, dealerguy, xzhvirus, skyline518