Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:04 am
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14839 posts
3695 upvotes
Markham
Tabooger wrote: Nothing on the receipt, they do it on the barcode on the battery itself.
on the package?
can't wipe it out with alcohol ?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Mar 22, 2010
62 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
Mint wrote: I'm going to be in Niagara falls tomorrow and the HD has the Inflator in stock.

I currently have 2 x 1.3A batteries from my old kit. Is there a big jump in real power going from 1.3A to 2A battery? Wondering if I should keep the battery and order for online pickup in Niagara.
+1
Have 2 x 1.5A batteries from the Ryobi combo kit bought in July. Do not think it is a big jump in real power going from 1.5A to 2A battery. Maybe the charger P118 is better than smaller P118B?
Should I keep this 2A battery and charge or return it?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13609 posts
3145 upvotes
Mint wrote: I'm going to be in Niagara falls tomorrow and the HD has the Inflator in stock.

I currently have 2 x 1.3A batteries from my old kit. Is there a big jump in real power going from 1.3A to 2A battery? Wondering if I should keep the battery and order for online pickup in Niagara.
R u kind enough to get me the inflator too?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: Nothing on the receipt, they do it on the barcode on the battery itself.
Maybe re-print the barcode and glue it on. Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
Guys guys, stop skipping my replies. They do it on the plastic packaging on the OUTSIDE of the battery pack. I removed it with sanitizer easily.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26937 posts
7244 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: Guys guys, stop skipping my replies. They do it on the plastic packaging on the OUTSIDE of the battery pack. I removed it with sanitizer easily.
LOL the weird things some ppl/locations will do. What a bunch of clowns. The HD system would not set max refund values if things weren't returnable. As I said earlier (perhaps on another thread) I dunno what's so hard about it, most reps at the return desk hit the item with the scanner, hit the receipt with the scanner and that's that. I've barely said a word when returning portions of combo deals and did it 3x yesterday, and all they ever ask is "anything wrong with it?" and if the answer is, "nope, never even opened it" it goes back on the shelf, if there is something wrong it goes in a different bin with reason code or whatever put on.

The wannabe Paul Blarts should give it a rest already. Again if HD didn't want people returning these things at all, they wouldn't set up max refund values.
Oct 22, 2005
732 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
xzhvirus wrote: +1
Have 2 x 1.5A batteries from the Ryobi combo kit bought in July. Do not think it is a big jump in real power going from 1.5A to 2A battery. Maybe the charger P118 is better than smaller P118B?
Should I keep this 2A battery and charge or return it?
the free charger is actually slightly slower but not by much..then the newer 118B which come in the combos now... the newer 118B is a 60w charger and the free one I remember checking is 50w charger

the free charger in the Ridgid promo is great it is an actual 110w fast charger and charges my 4ah Ridgid batteries in about 55 or so minutes...and the included free 2ah in about 23-24 minutes...whereas my Ryobi fast charger that I purchased separately the p117 is a 85watt fast charger and take about 1h15/20mins to charge my Ryobi 4ah
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26937 posts
7244 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: one thing that always bothers me about these batteries is that it always says to store batteries long term at 50% or below charge.

First, how do I know what the percentage is. There is no meter on these batteries.
Secondly, if I charge the device, and use it for a few small tasks....is it bad if I put the battery away for a few months? What are you supposed to do if the battery is mostly fully charged still?
Low temperatures are best. In the winter it's not so much a big deal...and TBH it's not that big a deal if you have constant running A/C in the summer though most people don't, in which case store them in the basement or something. 20C or lower is recommended. If you don't have A/C, don't have a basement, there's always the fridge--stick 'em in a bag with some dessicant packs and you should be ok.

There's nothing you can do about this, it's the nature of Li-Ion chemistry--the higher the temperature and the higher the SOC, the more quickly permanent degradation occurs. 30C and up and over 80% SOC is basically the "danger zone" for Li-Ion batteries.
Nov 26, 2016
115 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can someone provide their multitool receipt with the battery pack? I tried at Terminal Ave, didn't come up in scan and the tool sku isn't on the promo list printout nor is it on the promo page: https://www.ryobitools.ca/offerings
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5425 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: one thing that always bothers me about these batteries is that it always says to store batteries long term at 50% or below charge.

First, how do I know what the percentage is. There is no meter on these batteries.
Secondly, if I charge the device, and use it for a few small tasks....is it bad if I put the battery away for a few months? What are you supposed to do if the battery is mostly fully charged still?
get a multimeter to test voltage. 19.25V is about 50%
Oct 22, 2005
732 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
604ray wrote: Can someone provide their multitool receipt with the battery pack? I tried at Terminal Ave, didn't come up in scan and the tool sku isn't on the promo list printout nor is it on the promo page: https://www.ryobitools.ca/offerings
why not just show them in the HD app the multitool on screen...it has the sku for the multitool and the sku for the free battery/charger when you hit learn more beside where it says +free starter kit - $89.98 value..it also indicates instore or online

multitool sku 1000724993
free battery/charger sku 1001160809

same information on website if not using app...they shouldn't give you any problems
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7485 posts
1636 upvotes
Mont-Royal
just go in store, and said the battery has a small scratch, and u want to exchange for a new one and return the new one another day
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7485 posts
1636 upvotes
Mont-Royal
or just buy the battery online and return the online order to the store and return the bar code one to the store claiming it was an online order who blacked out for no reasons
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5196 posts
1259 upvotes
Kanata
Well after all the trouble I caused, I walked into the Barrhaven store and returned the batteries with no question asked. Took all of two minutes. I do recommend removing any marking they put on though.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jul 16, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
Just got the brad nailer for 139 @heartland location in Mississauga.

Price tag on their display says $149, so I showed the cashier and he honored it plus SCOP.

Anyone in the area should go grab it. It looked like all the tools were the original prices.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

klondyke, jimamber