Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:04 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3357 posts
2560 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HarpreetB99405 wrote: Sometimes I wonder if someone from HD or Ryobi posts such elaborate content on RFD for promotion.

Good deals though!
Pretty much everything you see on the web is tweaked one way or another for the advantage of an entity. Nothing is real.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1897 posts
250 upvotes
Vancouver
Just finished topping up the air pressure in my car and I have to say, I really like this Ryobi inflator.
I used to use a bike pump, or have to pressure up the air compressor which is kind of a hassle.
With the cordless inflator, it is easy and portable. Oh, and it has a brass threaded sleeved nozzle and the pressure gauge is pretty accurate.
Feb 19, 2012
40 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
i dont know about you guys, but i'm pumped to give the inflator a try

Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3450 posts
1177 upvotes
How much are reciprocating saw blades since the tool doesn't include one. Now I'm thinking I could use one more than the other 3 tools I bought lol, but I can wait for the brushless or a better deal
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13877 posts
5059 upvotes
Ottawa
BoombasticSloth wrote: Just finished topping up the air pressure in my car and I have to say, I really like this Ryobi inflator.
I used to use a bike pump, or have to pressure up the air compressor which is kind of a hassle.
With the cordless inflator, it is easy and portable. Oh, and it has a brass threaded sleeved nozzle and the pressure gauge is pretty accurate.
Yeah I like it too, Better than a hand pump for topping up bike tires. The presta adapter is easy to use. Don't have to unwind cords, and run the car to supply 12V. Auto shutoff works great.

Great buy for the price.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1670 posts
277 upvotes
Lévis
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL the weird things some ppl/locations will do. What a bunch of clowns. The HD system would not set max refund values if things weren't returnable. As I said earlier (perhaps on another thread) I dunno what's so hard about it, most reps at the return desk hit the item with the scanner, hit the receipt with the scanner and that's that. I've barely said a word when returning portions of combo deals and did it 3x yesterday, and all they ever ask is "anything wrong with it?" and if the answer is, "nope, never even opened it" it goes back on the shelf, if there is something wrong it goes in a different bin with reason code or whatever put on.

The wannabe Paul Blarts should give it a rest already. Again if HD didn't want people returning these things at all, they wouldn't set up max refund values.
I agree with you. That's why I rarely do returns. Too much hassles. I mean why the hell HD cannot have a clear policy on that? It's a total mess. It's not even about the store, nor the item. It's about the employee you hit. Is he on his period, lost her dog, will soon be a doctor, else?
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Aug 1st, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4767 posts
1271 upvotes
Toronto
So if the tool doesn't scan automatically with the battery free, needing override will means no refund value on the battery for sure?

Tried to get multitool, it's still not scanning battery as free :/
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26937 posts
7244 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: Yeah I like it too, Better than a hand pump for topping up bike tires. The presta adapter is easy to use. Don't have to unwind cords, and run the car to supply 12V. Auto shutoff works great.

Great buy for the price.
Looks like people bought this thing like man with no arms too, lol. Pretty much every GTA store is OOS on it. Meh I'll wait for the Ridgid one to come out, might not be until end of year but if that sucker has LSA it'll be worth it for sure.
Jul 7, 2018
101 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
boyohboy wrote: So if the tool doesn't scan automatically with the battery free, needing override will means no refund value on the battery for sure?

Tried to get multitool, it's still not scanning battery as free :/
Yeah, it has to package in the system automatically, otherwise you don't get the divided max return value.

I was hoping to get the multi-tool as well. Hopefully it'll get fixed by Tuesday and restock soon.
Jun 20, 2010
136 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
thanks OP. Ended up picking up the Orbital Sander and Jig Saw and returning the batteries next day for a credit of $84.98 plus tax. Will be picking up the circular saw in a couple of weeks.
Nov 7, 2004
214 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Voyeur wrote: I headed out this afternoon looking to pick up the inflater. First stop, North Hill (Calgary) where the stock tracker said they have 9. I couldn't find them and ended up talking with the rep who said he had spent an hour early today looking for them, also with no luck. He said he would get the manager to zero out the stock tracker and I should head down to Chinook where they have 13. At Chinook the sales guy said the 13 were either on a truck on the way to the store or in receiving waiting to be unpacked. I'll have to try again on the weekend.
Looked online this morning and saw that Home Depot Chinook's stock tracker showed declining numbers of the inflator. Went back, nothing on the shelf but after some hunting, found 8 in a back corner behind a huge mechanics tool chest display. About 5 feet from where I was standing yesterday talking to the sales guy who said they were out of stock. So . . . if you are in the Chinook store, head to the battery display shelves, turn towards the parking area, on your left behind the tool chest - there may be inflators.
Feb 7, 2010
233 posts
44 upvotes
Kingston
Just used the inflator and all I can say is WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!! +++1 Inflator. I have a pool and all those god damn pool inflatables are easy now! This thing is great!
Jan 26, 2009
14 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
aznmafia wrote: Just used the inflator and all I can say is WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!! +++1 Inflator. I have a pool and all those god damn pool inflatables are easy now! This thing is great!
How fast would you say it inflates? I want to get it to inflates my car tires.
Dec 31, 2009
223 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
Voyeur wrote: Looked online this morning and saw that Home Depot Chinook's stock tracker showed declining numbers of the inflator. Went back, nothing on the shelf but after some hunting, found 8 in a back corner behind a huge mechanics tool chest display. About 5 feet from where I was standing yesterday talking to the sales guy who said they were out of stock. So . . . if you are in the Chinook store, head to the battery display shelves, turn towards the parking area, on your left behind the tool chest - there may be inflators.
Arrghh wish I had read this before heading to Chinook to buy the inflator. Might head back tomorrow to take another look behind the tool chest. On a more positive note, went to try to get a free starter kit as I had bought the brad nailer 10 days before for 20% of $149 (thought I might as well try). Customer service person let me take the free battery without ringing it up! That made my day! I need the battery for the brad nailer but if I find the inflator I'll return that battery/charger.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 4 guests)

ash137, forevergone