Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:04 am
Jan 18, 2015
10 posts
2 upvotes
AB
What’s SCOP?
AnthonyM170 wrote: Just got the brad nailer for 139 @heartland location in Mississauga.

Price tag on their display says $149, so I showed the cashier and he honored it plus SCOP.

Anyone in the area should go grab it. It looked like all the tools were the original prices.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14840 posts
3695 upvotes
Markham
AnthonyM170 wrote: Just got the brad nailer for 139 @heartland location in Mississauga.

Price tag on their display says $149, so I showed the cashier and he honored it plus SCOP.

Anyone in the area should go grab it. It looked like all the tools were the original prices.
I am sure after you bought it, they would have removed the display price and put the correct one
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3403 posts
1048 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Keigotw wrote: I am sure after you bought it, they would have removed the display price and put the correct one
You would think so, however I used SCOP and happened to be at the same store later and it still wasn’t changed. I’ve also been to another store where I know an RFD member said they SCOP’d the inflator the day before and they still had the old price. I guess it all depends on whether or not the cashier cares to alert anyone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7485 posts
1636 upvotes
Mont-Royal
jeffreychen wrote: Just came back from pointe clarie store in Quebec.

1. The system only recognize some tools for the promotion ( at least for the circular saw). And for some others ( like the jigsaw and multi tool), the cashier had to do a manual overwrite. This way the return value of the battery is only 0.01 on the receipt.

2. The 20% coupon didn't work. They said it's because I am taking advantage of the free battery promo. Didn't try if it works with something at regular price.

3. The 5 dollars email subscription coupon works on top of it.
Does they try to scan the 20% in the cash?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
May 18, 2020
17 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone see any inflator stock in GTA?

Also what is a brad nailer used for - i see it mentioned a lot in ryobi threads?
Jul 16, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: I am sure after you bought it, they would have removed the display price and put the correct one
You would be surprised. The guy couldn't care less lol

Posted a pic of the price tag, might be worth a shot if you're in the neighborhood

https://postimg.cc/7fY9hdZX

Jan 26, 2018
799 posts
431 upvotes
AnthonyM170 wrote: You would be surprised. The guy couldn't care less lol

Posted a pic of the price tag, might be worth a shot if you're in the neighborhood

https://postimg.cc/7fY9hdZX

No, they don't care, unless the person deal with the SCOP is a supervisor or alike.
I once got a set of BBQ tools for $4ish because of the price error, the lady immediately sent someone to fix the price tag.
other times, boy and gals just adjust the price.
They had a 16"x72" pine board price error for months before they finally fixed it.

I guess report a price error is not in their job description, lol.
Feb 13, 2004
813 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal
The brad nailer was also $149 at the Saint Bruno location (but not Greenfield Park), the cahier had to manually adjust, although I completely forgot about asking for the SCOP!
Images
  • 20200802_092010.jpg
Jun 26, 2011
27 posts
56 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
L4cky wrote: Does they try to scan the 20% in the cash?
I asked two cashiers to scan it without problem. But unfortunately it didn't work.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11300 posts
2950 upvotes
Scarberia
JoeL77178 wrote: I remember getting that set last fall for $99
wow, dirt cheap, i got this set last month at 128$ minus 20% off ryobi code and minus $5 off hd newsletter code, similiar price to urs
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7485 posts
1636 upvotes
Mont-Royal
jeffreychen wrote: I asked two cashiers to scan it without problem. But unfortunately it didn't work.
with the battery promo or regular tool?

do u know if it was because it is expired or promo can't be stacked?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 12, 2004
669 posts
220 upvotes
javelin273 wrote: Also what is a brad nailer used for - i see it mentioned a lot in ryobi threads?
Most common uses are for attaching trim prices, such as baseboards, quarterround and door trim as well as holding pieces together in woodworking while the glue sets. The key advantage is that the hole is so small so it is easy to cover up afterwards.

I recently used it to put in a temporary piece of wood to hold up one side of a shelf while I leveled and attached the other side.
Jan 12, 2004
669 posts
220 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: How much are reciprocating saw blades since the tool doesn't include one. Now I'm thinking I could use one more than the other 3 tools I bought lol, but I can wait for the brushless or a better deal
Around $5-$10 for a basuc single blade or you can buy an assorted pack for $15-$30 depending on how many blades you want. A multi pack of diablo blades should cover most of your needs and not set you back much.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

herble, mkd, DaMooli