Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 3:34 pm
May 2, 2018
122 posts
193 upvotes
airbag wrote:
"Just order it online with the ship to store option, then request a price adjustment when you pick it up?"

Can anyone confirm if this works?
The tools by themselves don't sell at a discounted price, so if there are no battery kits available, there wouldn't be anything to adjust to. Only works if the battery kits are available.
Sep 18, 2008
623 posts
105 upvotes
Woodbridge
are these better deals than similar RIGID deals?
Jan 13, 2004
989 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
andygps wrote: The tools by themselves don't sell at a discounted price, so if there are no battery kits available, there wouldn't be anything to adjust to. Only works if the battery kits are available.
The ads are still floating around. It clearly states what tools come with a free kit and when the promo is supposed to end. If you request a return and rebuy at time of pickup, the system will likely auto-discount the charger since the promo is still in the system. If it doesn't, you should be able to show the CSR the "Charged Up" event ad and request an adjustment based on the ad.

Note I believe requesting a return and rebuy is the better way of getting the discount. If the home Depot employee tries to do a markdown, they will need a manager to provide the override, and the markdown will hit the store stats.
Sep 18, 2008
623 posts
105 upvotes
Woodbridge
turbo_slug wrote: The ads are still floating around. It clearly states what tools come with a free kit and when the promo is supposed to end. If you request a return and rebuy at time of pickup, the system will likely auto-discount the charger since the promo is still in the system. If it doesn't, you should be able to show the CSR the "Charged Up" event ad and request an adjustment based on the ad.

Note I believe requesting a return and rebuy is the better way of getting the discount. If the home Depot employee tries to do a markdown, they will need a manager to provide the override, and the markdown will hit the store stats.
i am still missing how do you guys utilize the best part of this deal? can you please explain me step 1,2,3 of process? thank you!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3687 posts
1225 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
erexa wrote: i am still missing how do you guys utilize the best part of this deal? can you please explain me step 1,2,3 of process? thank you!
If you take the time to read the original post and the thread you'll have your answer. It's been discussed to death.
Mar 2, 2014
552 posts
259 upvotes
Got lucky in Waterloo. Found an open packaging battery charger kit laying around in tools.
I got the LED workbench light Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Will be returning battery kit tomorrow.
May 2, 2018
122 posts
193 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: The ads are still floating around. It clearly states what tools come with a free kit and when the promo is supposed to end. If you request a return and rebuy at time of pickup, the system will likely auto-discount the charger since the promo is still in the system. If it doesn't, you should be able to show the CSR the "Charged Up" event ad and request an adjustment based on the ad.

As I said, it only works if the battery kits are available. No battery kits = no discount.
If you don't get the battery kit, it won't "auto-discount the charger"
Mar 16, 2010
21 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Stock tracker was showing 25 units in Barrie yesterday. Gave them a call to confirm but they weren't able to find them.
Checked again today and it looks like they fixed their inventory - showing 0 now.
Oct 18, 2019
48 posts
38 upvotes
Got a jig saw with what I believe is the last battery in Moncton (stock was 0 but found one in the back of the shelf...). Everything scanned correctly! Also sold a battery kit on Kijiji today for 60$. Win win win!
Nov 19, 2011
148 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
The Richmond BC store no longer has any starter kits available. But I was able to get a will call when I purchased the Ryobi light (it’s awesome btw). You do need to go to customer service or the pro station to get them to do the will call form.
Jan 13, 2004
989 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
andygps wrote: As I said, it only works if the battery kits are available. No battery kits = no discount.
If you don't get the battery kit, it won't "auto-discount the charger"
I get that, but the kits have been restocked several times. I've seen them back instock online but they sell fast and the online system doesn't show the discount in your cart. However, you can still order everything for store pickup then request a price adjustment layer. I just picked up the inflator yesterday.
Dec 26, 2012
218 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone's returning batteries or recently did in the GTA, please let me know. I want to buy a tool and return the battery for lower cost of tool.

No batteries in stock for this deal in the GTA anymore.
Nov 28, 2003
377 posts
68 upvotes
Montreal
Boisbriand and Laval stores no longer have any signage and did not see any batteries. Wonder if you need to ask the employees to bring them out from the back?
Nov 23, 2017
41 posts
11 upvotes
LABGUY2012 wrote:
There may have one battery kit at the Markham East customers return , it is because I just refund one on Sunday . lol
gtgwin wrote: If anyone's returning batteries or recently did in the GTA, please let me know. I want to buy a tool and return the battery for lower cost of tool.

No batteries in stock for this deal in the GTA anymore.
If still not put back to shelf
I use Petro Canada mobile prepaid $25 every 4 months , data pay when you turn on , just take a look the weather , may only use several cents .
Apr 17, 2008
35 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
There were 3 battery starter kits on shelf in Pickering this afternoon, even though stock shows as '1' online. I bought one with Brad Nailer and all scanned correctly (with deal prices).