Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 3:34 pm
Oct 18, 2019
51 posts
39 upvotes
severum79 wrote: Looked online and saw the HD has the cordless soldering iron and the battery kit and it gets added properly when checking out. So I ordered. Wife will sell the battery kit for $60 on FB marketplace. $6 not bad for a cordless soldering iron. :)

soldering iron

Note that its the only tool I saw online that came with the free starter kit.
Good catch! I just bough it! I sold 3 battery pack in a range of 50 to 60$ all ready.
Dec 23, 2007
479 posts
170 upvotes
Ottawa
MarcALeB wrote: Good catch! I just bough it! I sold 3 battery pack in a range of 50 to 60$ all ready.
This one will be my 6th battery pack. Now I need a Ryobi shelf for all these tools.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1799 posts
330 upvotes
Lévis
MarcALeB wrote: Good catch! I just bough it! I sold 3 battery pack in a range of 50 to 60$ all ready.
They probably restocked the batteries-chargers. Ordered the soldering iron alone recently and had to go to store for a refund then buy with free battery (they had a few left).
I bough so many Ryobi tools this summer...
home-depot-ryobi-4-tool-combo-free-mult ... #p33097220
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Sep 12th, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Jun 25, 2012
99 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for the update! Was able to get the iron, if you select "Pick up" then it does not work, batteries get removed.
Shipping is free so I went for that.
Now time to go in store and see what's left.

Btw the only other tool where I saw batteries get added correctly is the Impact Driver.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000426598
Unfortunately it's brushed motor and not compact, not what I'm looking for.
Jul 4, 2016
24 posts
4 upvotes
Kanata
Doesn't seem to work for me. I made sure that I had shipping selected but the battery does not show up in the cart. Even though on the page for the Impact Driver it does state that you get a free starter kit with it.
AlbertIshnoo wrote: Thanks for the update! Was able to get the iron, if you select "Pick up" then it does not work, batteries get removed.
Shipping is free so I went for that.
Now time to go in store and see what's left.

Btw the only other tool where I saw batteries get added correctly is the Impact Driver.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000426598
Unfortunately it's brushed motor and not compact, not what I'm looking for.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2299 posts
67 upvotes
What's the method to get the iron? It's online only, so can't return battery only, correct?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1005 posts
707 upvotes
Ottawa
express.items wrote: What's the method to get the iron? It's online only, so can't return battery only, correct?
correct
Sep 5, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
Can someone comment on the quality and lifespan of ryobi tools and this starter kit battery? All my stuff is dewalt but I could use a random orbit sander for furniture and a small deck. $70 wouldnt be too bad for the tool and battery
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3615 posts
1427 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
express.items wrote: What's the method to get the iron? It's online only, so can't return battery only, correct?
Just checked for the soldering iron. Seems to be OOS (conveniently) so can't say if the combo kit (available to order) would be free. This promotion has been... interesting. Winking Face
I can't afford to save that much!
May 15, 2008
82 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm still scouting for a Dual Function Cordless Inflator/Deflator and battery... seems like out of stock everyday.
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
jason.chan07 wrote: I'm still scouting for a Dual Function Cordless Inflator/Deflator and battery... seems like out of stock everyday.
I'm in the same boat myself...
Sep 18, 2019
141 posts
206 upvotes
jason.chan07 wrote: I'm still scouting for a Dual Function Cordless Inflator/Deflator and battery... seems like out of stock everyday.
a50snake wrote: I'm in the same boat myself...
i have these 2 tools with me, and they both did great job for pumping my tires and air mattresses, i also need the tool to deflate the air mattress too

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001063829

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001487654

i got it at $25 and $34, but yeah i still wished i got the dual function inflator with battery kit and not buying those small tools

but oh well, can't win everything
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1799 posts
330 upvotes
Lévis
JamesS86098 wrote: Can someone comment on the quality and lifespan of ryobi tools and this starter kit battery? All my stuff is dewalt but I could use a random orbit sander for furniture and a small deck. $70 wouldnt be too bad for the tool and battery
I always say the same:
Casual home owner: Ryobi
More serious home owner, some professionnals: Ridgid (lifetime warranty for tools and batteries is hard to beat).
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Sep 16th, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Jun 20, 2009
140 posts
129 upvotes
edmonton
JamesS86098 wrote: Can someone comment on the quality and lifespan of ryobi tools and this starter kit battery? All my stuff is dewalt but I could use a random orbit sander for furniture and a small deck. $70 wouldnt be too bad for the tool and battery
You really get what you pay for. Most of my stuff is Milwaukee but there are some tools that Ryobi makes that Milwaukee does not OR tools that I don't use that often buut Ryobi is like 1/3 the price. My favourite Ryobi tool is the cordless glue gun followed by the cordless air cannon and small fan. I also have the brad nailer - ended up getting this for free by selling some battery kits and ryobi tools. The brad nailer for Milwaukee is like $399 and this is something I thought would be cool but I don't use it that much so getting it free is nice.

My general rule of thumb is if I'm going to be using the tool a lot or if I'm going to be putting it through some intense sessions, I'm gonna go with big red. In your case, go with the yellow if you're gonna be giving the sander some serious work OR if you're planning to keep it for the long term.
Nov 22, 2007
52 posts
25 upvotes
Langley
I think buying Ryobi as a secondary brand to own is definitely worth it because of the price. I use a combination of Bosch 18v and Ryobi tools as a home owner. For 'heavier duty' tools, I buy Bosch. For less frequently used tools or 'luxury tools' i'd buy Ryobi. I also use a Bosch to Ryobi battery adapter, so that I can use my Bosch batteries on my Ryobi tools. I bought all 3 of those Ryobi sanders, brad nailer and the tire/air mattress inflator, as well as a couple of 2ah batteries that came as freebies. Ryobi also makes a lot of tools that Bosch doesn't, so I get the best of both worlds.