Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Free Ryobi 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($89.98 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 3:34 pm
Sep 19, 2020
5 posts
3 upvotes
I realize it’s the return value on the receipt. But I wanted to know specifically the inflator that “froggy2059” returned, what the receipt return amount was on that item. And also, he said he went to a different store to return. Would they not be able to do the return at the same store?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5080 posts
2696 upvotes
Toronto
KidWikid wrote: I realize it’s the return value on the receipt. But I wanted to know specifically the inflator that “froggy2059” returned, what the receipt return amount was on that item. And also, he said he went to a different store to return. Would they not be able to do the return at the same store?
Because he would have looked stupid talking to the same customer service rep after making big stink about the promo being over and coming back few mins later to return just the batteries.
Sep 2, 2009
995 posts
699 upvotes
Ottawa
Just used the orbital sander for the first time. Wow. Love it. The vacuum and bag picked up more dust than I was expecting too... barely any clean up needed. (Did three small patches)
Dec 21, 2018
3 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
You can also buy the oos items in store and they will call when they are back in stocks.
Sep 19, 2020
5 posts
3 upvotes
Canadiansinner wrote: Found one battery kit sitting in the Ryobi shelf by luck even though stocktrack showed 0’s across the board in Ottawa. Got myself the radio.

EDIT: I just returned the battery kit at South Keys. So if anyone is looking to take advantage of the deal, they should be restocking the battery kit back on shelf soon. Good luck!
Thanks to “Canadiansinner” I went to the South Keys location today to get the last battery kit. It showed 1 left online. I called ahead to check if it was there and to hold it at customer service. When I got there, I found the battery kit on an end cap with other Ryobi tools. So I thought the guy I spoke to on the phone had forgotten to put it on hold at customer service. I bought the orbital sander and it automatically went through with the free battery kit. I left the store. Then I thought, what if there was another battery kit being held at customer service. So I went back in, and to my surprise , there was another kit on hold. Even though stock showed only 1 available. So I bought the speed saw rotary cutter as well. Then I asked if I could return the battery kit and buy another tool with it again. The lady at customer service said to go ahead. So basically you could keep buying and returning that same kit all day. There wasn’t anything else in stock that I needed. I had earlier ordered online the inflator and workbench light with 2 battery kits to pickup in store. Thanks again, Canadiansinner, for the heads up. Image
4329FBF5-CA0B-4073-A90E-DCBC3B4F90D0.jpeg
F12CBEA1-0506-48F7-94BE-F9B159955D98.jpeg
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18426 posts
5294 upvotes
Soldering iron looks good but these days I do little of it because I can't see to do it. Was looking at a hot air tool for unsoldering as it makes much less mess but they cost considerably more unfortunately. Without a battery though the iron isn't going to be a workable solution either. Will have to check if batteries are available at my store before settling on something like this...
May 29, 2008
122 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote: Because he would have looked stupid talking to the same customer service rep after making big stink about the promo being over and coming back few mins later to return just the batteries.
Exactly this. Imagine being the customer service person spending 10-15 mins helping you get a free battery, just so you turn around and say "now I want to return this." I'd wait a few days or go to another home depot to avoid that awkward situation.

For the return values, this is what's on my receipt:
-----Free Ryobi One+ 18V UpgradeKit-----
033287174645 Kit <A>
2@89.98 179.96
MAX REFUND VALUE $75.32/2
033287178780 18V Inflate <A>
2@64.77 129.54
MAX REFUND VALUE $54.22/2
Free Ryobi One+ 18V Upgr -179.96

2 Battery refund value were 75.32 before tax.
Mar 31, 2011
170 posts
135 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
turbo_slug wrote:
Lol I wonder how many times that one battery kit will get purchased and returned
KidWikid wrote: Thanks to “Canadiansinner” I went to the South Keys location today to get the last battery kit. It showed 1 left online. I called ahead to check if it was there and to hold it at customer service. When I got there, I found the battery kit on an end cap with other Ryobi tools. So I thought the guy I spoke to on the phone had forgotten to put it on hold at customer service. I bought the orbital sander and it automatically went through with the free battery kit. I left the store. Then I thought, what if there was another battery kit being held at customer service. So I went back in, and to my surprise , there was another kit on hold. Even though stock showed only 1 available. So I bought the speed saw rotary cutter as well. Then I asked if I could return the battery kit and buy another tool with it again. The lady at customer service said to go ahead. So basically you could keep buying and returning that same kit all day. There wasn’t anything else in stock that I needed. I had earlier ordered online the inflator and workbench light with 2 battery kits to pickup in store. Thanks again, Canadiansinner, for the heads up. Image4329FBF5-CA0B-4073-A90E-DCBC3B4F90D0.jpegF12CBEA1-0506-48F7-94BE-F9B159955D98.jpeg
:facepalm:
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
May 29, 2008
122 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
KidWikid wrote: Thanks to “Canadiansinner” I went to the South Keys location today to get the last battery kit. It showed 1 left online. I called ahead to check if it was there and to hold it at customer service. When I got there, I found the battery kit on an end cap with other Ryobi tools. So I thought the guy I spoke to on the phone had forgotten to put it on hold at customer service. I bought the orbital sander and it automatically went through with the free battery kit. I left the store. Then I thought, what if there was another battery kit being held at customer service. So I went back in, and to my surprise , there was another kit on hold. Even though stock showed only 1 available. So I bought the speed saw rotary cutter as well. Then I asked if I could return the battery kit and buy another tool with it again. The lady at customer service said to go ahead. So basically you could keep buying and returning that same kit all day. There wasn’t anything else in stock that I needed. I had earlier ordered online the inflator and workbench light with 2 battery kits to pickup in store. Thanks again, Canadiansinner, for the heads up. Image4329FBF5-CA0B-4073-A90E-DCBC3B4F90D0.jpegF12CBEA1-0506-48F7-94BE-F9B159955D98.jpeg
I'm envious that the customer service let you do it over and over. In the GTA, i've been called out by the Door greeter "Hey! didn't you just buy that?" Another time, a customer service rep made it her personal mission to clamp down on returning the batteries. I was returning batteries that weren't part of the promo, and she still took over 10 minutes to make sure.
Sep 19, 2020
5 posts
3 upvotes
froggy2059 wrote: I'm envious that the customer service let you do it over and over. In the GTA, i've been called out by the Door greeter "Hey! didn't you just buy that?" Another time, a customer service rep made it her personal mission to clamp down on returning the batteries. I was returning batteries that weren't part of the promo, and she still took over 10 minutes to make sure.
The lady at customer service said there’s a return value on the battery kit, so returning it was no problem. And there’s also a promo running with buying a Ryobi tool and getting the battery kit. So I could go ahead and keep buying a tool and getting the battery kit, then return it. But I have found in the past, that particular store has the most lax attitude towards returns & exchanges compared to the Orleans and Gloucester stores.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6724 posts
3134 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
KidWikid wrote: The lady at customer service said there’s a return value on the battery kit, so returning it was no problem. And there’s also a promo running with buying a Ryobi tool and getting the battery kit. So I could go ahead and keep buying a tool and getting the battery kit, then return it. But I have found in the past, that particular store has the most lax attitude towards returns & exchanges compared to the Orleans and Gloucester stores.
I think it is probably more strict in Scarborough because the population of highly intelligent RFDers are much higher in Scarborough.
May be you will have more luck in rich neighbourhood where people don't even care much about free battery.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1494 posts
511 upvotes
Montreal
I was able to order the hammer drill and battery online return both in store and buy it again with the free battery! I'm keeping both Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1013 posts
1440 upvotes
The 3 speed 1/4 impact driver still shows the "free battery kit" promo online.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000426598

+ FREE STARTER KIT - $89.98 VALUE
Buy one RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Orbital Jig Saw (Tool-Only) (1000426598),
Get this FREE: RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion 2.0 Ah Compact Battery and Charger Starter Kit (1001160809).

However when you expand the promotion, it says its the orbital jig saw. But the SKU is the impact driver.

I was able to live chat with an agent and after some push back
"promotion is valid while batteries are in stock"- they are currently in stock online
"the promotion says its for the orbital jig saw" - yes, but the SKU shows the impact driver

They ended up adjusting the cost of the battery pack to $0 after I placed the order. YMMV
Mar 5, 2008
112 posts
44 upvotes
Quebec
Canadiansinner wrote: The 3 speed 1/4 impact driver still shows the "free battery kit" promo online.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000426598

+ FREE STARTER KIT - $89.98 VALUE
Buy one RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Orbital Jig Saw (Tool-Only) (1000426598),
Get this FREE: RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion 2.0 Ah Compact Battery and Charger Starter Kit (1001160809).

However when you expand the promotion, it says its the orbital jig saw. But the SKU is the impact driver.

I was able to live chat with an agent and after some push back
"promotion is valid while batteries are in stock"- they are currently in stock online
"the promotion says its for the orbital jig saw" - yes, but the SKU shows the impact driver

They ended up adjusting the cost of the battery pack to $0 after I placed the order. YMMV
What about the brushless one coming with 2 batteries (1.5A) and bag for 129$, is it better ?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001570505
Dec 20, 2012
957 posts
774 upvotes
Surrey
Well, it sucks that I just saw this post. The inflator and battery pack are sold out...