Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free tools with Milwaukee Tool M18 18V HIGH OUTPUT Starter Kit $399

Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1510 posts
1266 upvotes
Durham Region
Mr Snuff wrote: Not to mention the heavier duty tools will see a significant increase in power by using these specific batteries. Even some of the regular tools have shown to benefit from these as well.
Only thing to consider is that these batteries are bigger/slightly heavier
Last edited by networksend on Jul 7th, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Feb 20, 2008
570 posts
773 upvotes
networksend wrote: Just got the 399 kit. Does your rapid charger get really hot and smells like burning electronics??

Charged up both 6 and 8ah batteries no problem but the heat definitely bothered me
They do run hot.......but they're the best option for anything over 5.0. At least in my experience.
Newbie
Sep 21, 2006
75 posts
3 upvotes
networksend wrote: Just got the 399 kit. Does your rapid charger get really hot and smells like burning electronics??

Charged up both 6 and 8ah batteries no problem but the heat definitely bothered me
yes it did when new and it makes a high pitch noise
Newbie
Feb 9, 2018
70 posts
54 upvotes
antiflux wrote: yes it did when new and it makes a high pitch noise
I noticed this as well, was a bit alarmed at first.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 6, 2004
6830 posts
541 upvotes
GT'eh
finally bit the bullet and got this w impact wrench as i'm not sure the Milwuakee deals will get better than this for a while. better than keeping my single battery impact wrench combo for 299, in the long run i'm better off with higher capacity batteries and rapid charger,
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Sr. Member
Jun 20, 2009
722 posts
899 upvotes
edmonton
rob187 wrote: Got the Vac and the Grinder today. No questions asked on the return which was immediately after the purchase. Interested in the sander and jigsaw but need to exercise some self control.
I love my orbital sander and jigsaw. Might as well just get them as they probably won't ever be as cheap as they are right now.
Member
Aug 22, 2005
334 posts
15 upvotes
Quebec City
Just wondering. If you order online, is it possible to return the batteries? I can find the tools locally, but they don't appear to have the batteries anywhere close with 50 km of my aera.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3091 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
IzzLe wrote: Just wondering. If you order online, is it possible to return the batteries? I can find the tools locally, but they don't appear to have the batteries anywhere close with 50 km of my aera.
No you can't.

However, you can do the following. Order everything online. Once you receive your order, go to the store and tell them you made a mistake and want to change the credit card used. They will refund you online and issue a store receipt. Go to another store and refund whatever.
<no self promotion>
Member
Aug 22, 2005
334 posts
15 upvotes
Quebec City
SquadG wrote: No you can't.

However, you can do the following. Order everything online. Once you receive your order, go to the store and tell them you made a mistake and want to change the credit card used. They will refund you online and issue a store receipt. Go to another store and refund whatever.
Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1280 posts
285 upvotes
SquadG wrote: No you can't.

However, you can do the following. Order everything online. Once you receive your order, go to the store and tell them you made a mistake and want to change the credit card used. They will refund you online and issue a store receipt. Go to another store and refund whatever.
Starter kits are in short supply.

Just confirming, even if I order online and get it shipped to the store for pickup, I can't just return the batteries (starter kit) and keep the tool I want?

This whole process seems cumbersome. It is like buying the tool online, get refund for the entire thing (or in your example, exchange receipt). Buy the entire thing from the store again, and then refund the starter kit ...... sigh.
Member
Aug 8, 2010
489 posts
537 upvotes
engmsf wrote: Starter kits are in short supply.

Just confirming, even if I order online and get it shipped to the store for pickup, I can't just return the batteries (starter kit) and keep the tool I want?

This whole process seems cumbersome. It is like buying the tool online, get refund for the entire thing (or in your example, exchange receipt). Buy the entire thing from the store again, and then refund the starter kit ...... sigh.
Pay full price then?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1510 posts
1266 upvotes
Durham Region
engmsf wrote: Starter kits are in short supply.

Just confirming, even if I order online and get it shipped to the store for pickup, I can't just return the batteries (starter kit) and keep the tool I want?

This whole process seems cumbersome. It is like buying the tool online, get refund for the entire thing (or in your example, exchange receipt). Buy the entire thing from the store again, and then refund the starter kit ...... sigh.
Well they probably don’t really want you returning anything partially.

Other than RFD, maybe most people don’t do partial returns.

Or maybe they don’t care, maybe Milwaukee and the other tool manufacturers are the ones who credit HD with the free tool, otherwise they would probably stop showing the partial value on receipts
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3091 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
engmsf wrote: Starter kits are in short supply.

Just confirming, even if I order online and get it shipped to the store for pickup, I can't just return the batteries (starter kit) and keep the tool I want?

This whole process seems cumbersome. It is like buying the tool online, get refund for the entire thing (or in your example, exchange receipt). Buy the entire thing from the store again, and then refund the starter kit ...... sigh.
The partial pricing isn't done when buying online - only in store so you need a store receipt.
<no self promotion>
Member
Aug 22, 2005
334 posts
15 upvotes
Quebec City
SquadG wrote: The partial pricing isn't done when buying online - only in store so you need a store receipt.
In your experience, do these batteries new batteries have an actual resell value? I was thinking of just ordering a second kit online, and then perharps sell the batteries and keeping the tool. It seems simpler at this point.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3091 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
IzzLe wrote: In your experience, do these batteries new batteries have an actual resell value? I was thinking of just ordering a second kit online, and then perharps sell the batteries and keeping the tool. It seems simpler at this point.
No idea sorry. I don't buy into Milwaukee, i am Ridgid
<no self promotion>
Member
Apr 14, 2017
360 posts
640 upvotes
IzzLe wrote: In your experience, do these batteries new batteries have an actual resell value? I was thinking of just ordering a second kit online, and then perharps sell the batteries and keeping the tool. It seems simpler at this point.
They have resale value and can probably get 15-20% more than Home Depot’s refund value, only if you wait for a while as right now Kijiji is flooded with these high output batteries. Good thing is store ran out of these
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
5497 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, not sure if it deserves its own thread (or might have one already), but the M12 battery kit for $199 also includes a similar promo through HD.

Milwaukee Tool M12 12V Lithium-Ion Starter Kit with (2) 4.0Ah XC Battery Packs, Charger & Bag:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001536826

Free M12 tools with purchase of kit above:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... tools.html
Jr. Member
Aug 26, 2008
189 posts
74 upvotes
Barrie
Looks like they might have cancelled/ended this promo early (probably due to the severe lack of stock. The other M18 Promo is still showing up but this one doesn't show up on the item anymore.

Unsure of the 12v ones, but the 4AH batteries were similarly out of stock all the time so that might also be done.

Shame. I had a bunch of tools I was going to pick up, and probably even keep one of the battery kits...but without any of it in stock I wasn't able to do anything. Hopefully they'll have better sales later in the year when they have stock.
Jr. Member
Nov 16, 2007
134 posts
6 upvotes
Corazu wrote: Looks like they might have cancelled/ended this promo early (probably due to the severe lack of stock. The other M18 Promo is still showing up but this one doesn't show up on the item anymore.

Yeah. Guy at the store said it was on until late July, I think he said the 26th.

I ordered online on the 12th for pickup in store and it still hasn't arrived but says 'shipped'.

I just hope I don't get screwed on the promo. I wasn't expecting in-store delivery to take this long.
Sr. Member
Jun 14, 2011
680 posts
2091 upvotes
Looks like this promotion was pulled, too bad, was going to get the sander.
😝

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)