Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Generac generator 6875/5500w 599$ (Was 1099)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 5:30 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2010
5 posts
9 upvotes

[Home Depot] Generac generator 6875/5500w 599$ (Was 1099)

Saw this generator in clearance in Sherbrooke QC yesterday. Regular price 1099$
Not inverter but good for most home, power outage since it feed 120/240v.
5-6 left in store.

Stocktrack
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000694023
Last edited by metalhigh on Jan 16th, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4298 posts
1662 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
It shows 6 at my location however stock track says the price is $0. I’m assuming this means it’s not for sale? I can’t order from the Home Depot site either as it says “limited stock” and unfortunately due to Ontario’s current climate the stores aren’t open to go and see.
[OP]
Jul 29, 2010
5 posts
9 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: It shows 6 at my location however stock track says the price is $0. I’m assuming this means it’s not for sale? I can’t order from the Home Depot site either as it says “limited stock” and unfortunately due to Ontario’s current climate the stores aren’t open to go and see.
In QC, Generator is considerated as "essential product" so i was able to see it.
Probably in store only. In Sherbrooke location, it shows 0$ too but was half price.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4298 posts
1662 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
metalhigh wrote: In QC, Generator is considerated as "essential product" so i was able to see it.
Probably in store only. In Sherbrooke location, it shows 0$ too but was half price.
I’ll keep an eye out when I can. In Ontario Home Depot can not operate beyond curb side pickup and it’ll probably be awhile before they open again. Appreciate the heads up. I’ll definitely take a look when they eventually re-open.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22119 posts
16729 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Shows $1098$1198 and OOS at all the HDs in my area.
Last edited by bylo on Jan 16th, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3490 posts
1531 upvotes
Ottawa
1198 in Ottawa region.. Stock tho
Jun 15, 2016
102 posts
60 upvotes
shylok wrote: 1198 in Ottawa region.. Stock tho
Id go check. It says 1198$ for sherbrooke also. But in store its on clearance
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2662 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
price on stocktrack are 90% not reliable for homedepot. You should go and see the price by yourself
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4298 posts
1662 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
PatrickL664259 wrote: Id go check. It says 1198$ for sherbrooke also. But in store its on clearance
Not possible in Ontario at the moment and probably not again for awhile.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22119 posts
16729 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: Not possible in Ontario at the moment and probably not again for awhile.
And moreover if you order for home delivery there's an extra $125 charge.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1998 posts
1225 upvotes
Kitchener
SquadG wrote: By inverter you mean some generator will provide pure sinewave instead of simulated like this one?
Yes.
Nov 12, 2019
189 posts
479 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: It shows 6 at my location however stock track says the price is $0. I’m assuming this means it’s not for sale? I can’t order from the Home Depot site either as it says “limited stock” and unfortunately due to Ontario’s current climate the stores aren’t open to go and see.
Call the store. There is an issue on the HD website where you can't place an order for any clearance/limited qty items regardless of stock level but I've successfully placed a few pick up orders by phone.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1659 posts
1339 upvotes
SquadG wrote: By inverter you mean some generator will provide pure sinewave instead of simulated like this one?
I strongly suggest you go Your text to link here... and read post #390. Just ask if you have more questions.

A non-inverter generator has many negative aspects and one of them is that it will make you waste a good 25% of your fuel (when THD = 25% - higher THD means an even greater fuel waste).
All the women I have loved have made my life more complete.
Jan 13, 2009
889 posts
388 upvotes
Just curious, why do people buy gasoline generators and not natural gas? I mean I get that no everyone has access to natural gas but most homes do. Way more practical than gasoline, no?
Also, is it difficult to convert a petroleum generator to natural gas?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2583 upvotes
Montreal
TomLafinsky wrote: I strongly suggest you go Your text to link here... and read post #390. Just ask if you have more questions.

A non-inverter generator has many negative aspects and one of them is that it will make you waste a good 25% of your fuel (when THD = 25% - higher THD means an even greater fuel waste).
Thanks, that was a good read.

I am planning to finish my trench in spring and connect the house to the shed (100A panel).

Ill build a small roof/box on the side and put the generator in there when needed and connected to shed with a male to male wire.

I was looking at Champions, particularly the models they carry at Costco. Thanks!

PS: I know its not really legit but I know what to do and when I move out, Ill swap the male socket for a female on the shed outside.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4298 posts
1662 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
elfion wrote: Just curious, why do people buy gasoline generators and not natural gas? I mean I get that no everyone has access to natural gas but most homes do. Way more practical than gasoline, no?
Also, is it difficult to convert a petroleum generator to natural gas?
I don't know that there a lot of options available (at least that I have seen before) in a portable natural gas generator. I would think for a portable it is more practical to have gas, diesel or propane as you can just go fill tanks as opposed to paying for a gas hookup which is probably fairly expensive to do just for a portable generator. In the off chance you ever want to take your portable generator with you to another location for usage it would also be far more practical to be gas/diesel/propane. When it comes to whole home standby generators that is a different story and obviously makes much more sense to go natural gas (or propane if that is what your home runs on).
Jan 13, 2009
889 posts
388 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I don't know that there a lot of options available (at least that I have seen before) in a portable natural gas generator. I would think for a portable it is more practical to have gas, diesel or propane as you can just go fill tanks as opposed to paying for a gas hookup which is probably fairly expensive to do just for a portable generator. In the off chance you ever want to take your portable generator with you to another location for usage it would also be far more practical to be gas/diesel/propane. When it comes to whole home standby generators that is a different story and obviously makes much more sense to go natural gas (or propane if that is what your home runs on).
I'm sure I am not the only person who has a natural gas BBQ. Plus I also have a patio heater... So you don't need to pay anyone to hook it up as long as you have any natural gas appliance outside. If there was a massive power outage, I would not want to be relying on local gas stations for fuel. I don't think there is a good chance of natural gas line going down, especially at the same time as electrical grid
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4298 posts
1662 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
elfion wrote: I'm sure I am not the only person who has a natural gas BBQ. Plus I also have a patio heater... So you don't need to pay anyone to hook it up as long as you have any natural gas appliance outside. If there was a massive power outage, I would not want to be relying on local gas stations for fuel. I don't think there is a good chance of natural gas line going down, especially at the same time as electrical grid
Sure you’re not the only one with a gas hookup but you are in the minority. They aren’t THAT common. And again that doesn’t address that many people may actually be buying these with the dual purpose of portability and take it camping, to a cottage, etc. A natural gas unit doesn’t seem too practical for that case.

Sure in your case a natural gas unit seems ideal but as you’ve already mentioned most people here have shown no interest in a natural gas unit. They are are obviously less ideal for the majority of people.