Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Google Home Max smart speaker - 2 for $498 (plus additional 10% cashback through Rakuten)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 4:04 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1525 posts
3027 upvotes

[Home Depot] Google Home Max smart speaker - 2 for $498 (plus additional 10% cashback through Rakuten)

Was looking for stuff on home depot and noticed that the Google Home Max is $498 if you buy 2. The single price is $399 on Home Depot (I know it is $299 at most retailers).

With the 10% cashback on Rakuten today for HD, this essentially brings the price down to $256.47 tax in each

(($498 x 13% tax ontario = 562.74) - $49.80 rakuten is $512.94)

I think its an ok deal if anyone is looking now.
Last edited by Canadiansinner on Dec 9th, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Ampli app has 2% extra with home depot
Jan 19, 2017
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Kitchener
I really don't understand the point of these things. I would far prefer a GH mini, and chromecast attached to a far more capable, and aesthetically pleasing sound bar for the same price.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
rtookey wrote: I really don't understand the point of these things. I would far prefer a GH mini, and chromecast attached to a far more capable, and aesthetically pleasing sound bar for the same price.
picture frame w/ google photos integration, touch screen home control hub, recipes, nest doorbell automatically streams when doorbell rings... etc etc etc lots of use cases. we have one in the kitchen and its amazing.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
rtookey wrote: I really don't understand the point of these things. I would far prefer a GH mini, and chromecast attached to a far more capable, and aesthetically pleasing sound bar for the same price.
also.. you no longer need a chromecast (assuming your soundbar has bluetooth)

You can add a Bluetooth soundbar as an Audio-out on the GH mini.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
KenA wrote: picture frame w/ google photos integration, touch screen home control hub, recipes, nest doorbell automatically streams when doorbell rings... etc etc etc lots of use cases. we have one in the kitchen and its amazing.
That would be the Nest home hub max. This is the Google Home Max speaker.
Jan 19, 2013
332 posts
313 upvotes
KenA wrote: picture frame w/ google photos integration, touch screen home control hub, recipes, nest doorbell automatically streams when doorbell rings... etc etc etc lots of use cases. we have one in the kitchen and its amazing.
shouldn't the google home mini do the same stuff ? ( you can have a good speaker connected to it as rtookey mentioned .. )
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
willyfonsworth wrote: That would be the Nest home hub max. This is the Google Home Max speaker.
Woops! Yes you're correct. If this is the home max and not the hub then rtookey is right. A home mini + Bluetooth link to an existing soundbar would be better.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
I thought recording is free , when I saw this, you have to pay Nest Aware subscription. Pass, nest hub is enough for me now
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
You need to physically hear one in person to see what the hype is about. There are video reviews but they don't really capture the audio quality. If these were cheaper than $200 each I'd consider it.

The Home Max have several microphones to equalize the audio output depending on your room setting. If you have a smaller room, it automatically adjusts for best hearing pleasure. Same goes with a larger room where it can "echo". It is able to reduce the echo...plus being able to pair 2 of these for the full stereo effect.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2726 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
What soundbar would be better than this speaker at that price?
Aug 10, 2013
522 posts
246 upvotes
Mississauga
I think it is better deals to buy the hub, the max is too expensive now. I can easily buy 2 hubs with the same amount of money to buy 1 Max !
Besides I cannot stream my WYZE cameras to my hub. I am not happy.
Thanks Op anyway!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1826 posts
1515 upvotes
toronto
any idea if ring camera/doorbell work with google home hub?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
384 upvotes
I got the Max last week from Staples for 225$ and I think it's great!
Oct 13, 2007
644 posts
254 upvotes
Alberta
animeshw wrote: any idea if ring camera/doorbell work with google home hub?
I can see this thread getting more confusing :) This is for the speaker (big grey or charcoal thing). NO SCREEN. That is the HUB. We have another thread for the hub going google-ca-google-nest-home-hub-max-100- ... 2-2338257/

As for your question, no. It won't work. Amazon and Google don't play nice. I had to go and get an echo show 8 mainly for that reason alone. I have tried and that is the only way. The two shall never cross (at least not yet)
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes
redkulat wrote: You need to physically hear one in person to see what the hype is about. There are video reviews but they don't really capture the audio quality. If these were cheaper than $200 each I'd consider it.

The Home Max have several microphones to equalize the audio output depending on your room setting. If you have a smaller room, it automatically adjusts for best hearing pleasure. Same goes with a larger room where it can "echo". It is able to reduce the echo...plus being able to pair 2 of these for the full stereo effect.
I bought one, took it home, ran some songs through it and promptly repacked it and took it back.
I didn't like it at all.
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote: What soundbar would be better than this speaker at that price?
Although I took mine back because I wasn't happy with the sound, it is better than any $250 sound bar I have heard and you have Google integration.
Another option is linking Bluetooth speaker(s) to a Google Home or Mini. Some of the Fluance ones sound great for around the same price.
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: It's great if you have a nest door bell.
Does it repeat the doorbell though the speaker or are you thinking of the Nest Home Max screen?
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dandada wrote: Does it repeat the doorbell though the speaker or are you thinking of the Nest Home Max screen?
Oh wait I just realized this is the giant speaker. I think it does announce someone is at the door though. But I'd fact check that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)