Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Home Depot] Gorilla Ladders 18 ft. Multi-Position Ladder $139

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 4:06 pm
Tags:
Oct 23, 2008
181 posts
180 upvotes
barold wrote: slightly off-topic but does anyone else have a problem with the RFD Affiliate link -- i consistently get a 'this site cannot be reached' error.
are you on a VPN with ad blocking or running some kind of ad blocker? they sometimes block certain affiliate urls.
Jul 13, 2020
157 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
How are you guys able to order? I can't seem to get any delivery options in GTA or any store in GTA!
Oct 22, 2006
177 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
xaviertooth wrote: How are you guys able to order? I can't seem to get any delivery options in GTA or any store in GTA!
you have to find one that's available in store
Jun 10, 2004
58 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
I got mine. Seems sturdy enough.
Nov 23, 2014
126 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Just don’t be like this guy!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PSA: A 18ft reach ladder means it's only 14 feet long. "Reach" means it assumes the person standing on the top step can reach another 4 feet higher than the length of the ladder.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8345 posts
8885 upvotes
Looks like most stores are not showing stock ATM
Sep 25, 2019
953 posts
2189 upvotes
Qrewpt wrote: $139 for a 18' Multi-Position ladder seems like a good deal to me.

This ladder is the same weight as the Little Giant Megalite which I thought was a decent deal at Costco for $199.
Last black friday, we buy some. The service team not like this brand.

They prefer Little Giant or Werner. Some Canadian Tire ladders are made by Werner, you can see from style lock and rivets are same.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8345 posts
8885 upvotes
MikuGirl wrote: Last black friday, we buy some. The service team not like this brand.

They prefer Little Giant or Werner. Some Canadian Tire ladders are made by Werner, you can see from style lock and rivets are same.
Any particular reason why? Ease of use? Sturdyness?
Sep 25, 2019
953 posts
2189 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Any particular reason why? Ease of use? Sturdyness?
They say the lock doesn't feel nice and not able to trust.

The lock is easy wear compared to Little Giant or Werner.
Nov 18, 2004
689 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
No vpn but I think eero might be blocking. Will check thanks.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
My order for ISPU was canceled. Will try again in the coming week or 2.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
MikuGirl wrote: They say the lock doesn't feel nice and not able to trust.

The lock is easy wear compared to Little Giant or Werner.
This ladder has a lifetime warranty. Does anyone have any evidence of the lock failing on this? I doubt it.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
FWIW, I passed on this ladder last time it was on sale, and then later on when I needed one, got a similar one at Princess Auto for $139 - regret it every time I go to use it because it weighs FAR more.

Snag this while it's hot.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
This is OOS GTA right now, but they will probably be getting inventory in early Nov. for the Black Friday sale. Check back soon!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Thankfully, I kept the big ladders from my father's plumbing business when he died more than 20 years ago. Then I moved again 11 years ago and they went with me. They have been a godsend over the years. A quality product that has lasted for a very long time. Thanks for the heads up though...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6382 posts
1740 upvotes
Bromano wrote: Not sure of the quality but Costco sells similar for 199
I bought this one from Costco. Similar to this one also (18 ft), it is versatile, but also VERY VERY heavy. I generally don't use it, unless I am going up the roof.

EDIT - 31lbs. Please make sure you use the extending side reaching up, and not the other way around. Otherwise, it will be top heavy.

@Kurtz7834 I only need to reach high places occasionally, didn't want to invest in a full size extension ladder for wasted space. I always get my wife to help when using this.
Last edited by tomtomtom on Oct 26th, 2021 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
tomtomtom wrote: I bought this one from Costco. Similar to this one also (18 ft), it is versatile, but also VERY VERY heavy. I generally don't use it, unless I am going up the roof.
These types of ladders are just heavy, that's their nature. They're generally at least 30 lbs and possibly more depending on length. My 22' Little Giant is almost 40 lbs. It's a great ladder but heavy.

Because of the weight, they are unbalanced and difficult to use as extension ladders. I generally use them in A frame position only and they work great for that.

For big heights, get a proper extension ladder.
Apr 1, 2019
200 posts
222 upvotes
I have the Canadian Tire 21ft one, it is extremely convenient for throwing in the back of my truck and not needing to strap it down. It works great for odd height combination work (ie. Painting a staircase with legs set at different heights). However it is definitely on the heavy side and because of that can be awkward to setup in tight spaces. That said, if you're looking for an exterior only ladder to access your 2nd story eavestroughs, I would stick with a standard sliding extension ladder due to the design as with sliding ladders you will have an overlap in metal creating a stronger stiffer ladder when working at full extension.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Yes, this will work as an extension ladder for those who might only rarely need it, but you'll see, it's difficult to use as an extension ladder. I'm a bigger guy and even I struggle with trying to use this in extension mode. It's also less safe than a proper extension ladder as I'm not sure if you can get the stabilizing arms for it that rest on the edge of the roof.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)