• May 29th, 2020 3:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6704 posts
4711 upvotes
Kitchener

[Home Depot] Gorilla Ladders 5.5ft Ladder - $74.52

Not sure if this is actually a deal or not (anyone want to talk me into it?), US pricing indicates $68 USD. I've been looking for a ladder pretty much EXACTLY like this one for months to supplement my Cosco 4 step Aluminum ladder (which I LOVE).

Weight: 14 lbs (which is SUPER lightweight) with 2 platforms.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/gorill ... 1000804453

Seems a SIMILAR style Cosco ladder goes for $210 at Home Depot

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/cosco- ... 1001050189

p_1000804453.jpg
Last edited by Rob_EV on May 29th, 2020 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3757 posts
2070 upvotes
I've been looking for a used 6' step ladder for my dad for over a month. Seems like something that would be plentiful on the used market but I haven't been able to find one. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet on the featherlite.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3091 posts
1960 upvotes
Langley
SizzleChest wrote: I've been looking for a used 6' step ladder for my dad for over a month. Seems like something that would be plentiful on the used market but I haven't been able to find one. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet on the featherlite.
I've been looking for a good used ladder on marketplace for awhile and they just don't come up. I figure most people that have good ones just keep them. Why would one need to get rid of a good ladder? They're super useful. So I ended up just buying one. I doubt I'll ever sell mine. so just get a decent one.
Sep 3, 2014
763 posts
745 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
That’s the regular price, but it’s a great ladder for the price. Top two steps are wide and it’s very stable.

The top holds a paint can, it has two small trays for bits and a hole for your cordless/corded tool...

I bought two for the office at one point and decided to buy one for home too!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3373 posts
3321 upvotes
Alberta
Looking at my 20 year old ladder... It'll soon be time my old friend...
Feb 9, 2011
663 posts
199 upvotes
I have the 3 Step version (Al) of the Gorilla and probably best ladder I own. So I can imagine the 5.5ft version will not disappoint. They are solid.
Last edited by Ribbyx on May 28th, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3757 posts
2070 upvotes
kalekainxx wrote: This is how you make a $30 ladder $70.
I can't say I've ever seen a brand new 6' ladder for $30, regardless of where it was made.
Last edited by SizzleChest on May 29th, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 12, 2015
326 posts
109 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Ordered one for in store pick up as no more stock for delivery. Will this fit in the back of a Honda Civic with its back seats folded down?
Mar 16, 2018
733 posts
832 upvotes
Hamilton
rebe1 wrote: "Assembled in Canada"
Aluminum has a global supply chain and Featherlite will source their materials from where it is cheapest- we could get into global trade politics but yeah, obviously Aurora doesn't have an aluminum foundry in the middle of an industrial park, just as there isn't an Aluminum foundry in the middle of a manufacturing campus in China. You could have your entire ladder's labour payed for in Chinese Renminbi or you could have most of your ladder's labor payed for in Canadian Dollars. You're letting perfect be the enemy of the good.
Rob_EV wrote: Honestly, that ladder you linked is pretty crappy compared to this one.
Depends on your needs, I'm not heavy enough to need the larger capacity of the Gorrila, but the platforms are definitely nice. I think most people in York Region are best served waiting for Featherlite's yearly factory sale- great deals to be had.
Last edited by ownthesky on May 28th, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1298 posts
657 upvotes
the #1 problem with most ladders is that they are typically cumbersome to use and most people dread it.

This ladder is AWESOME. It opens and closes very very smoothly and easily. It is SO light (relative to almost all other ladders), you will not dread to use it and won't mind breaking it out. Take it upstairs or downstairs, not a problem. This ladder is so good I had to get the step stool versions and those are so much better than most step stools as well.

You won't be unhappy with this... get it, totally worth it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3757 posts
2070 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I've been looking for a good used ladder on marketplace for awhile and they just don't come up. I figure most people that have good ones just keep them. Why would one need to get rid of a good ladder? They're super useful. So I ended up just buying one. I doubt I'll ever sell mine. so just get a decent one.
There seem to be lots of used ladders in my area, just no 6-footers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)