Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Grohe Euphoria 260 shower system - $578 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 11:21 pm
Oct 17, 2007
95 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Great brand. Very good price. Once in a while costco has decent prices too.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7601 posts
3773 upvotes
ON
dummjock wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 1:57 pm
We just renovated our ensuite and used this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Daelim-Sunflower- ... dpSrc=srch

It's a solid shower unit. Swiss made heads and Korean valve.
Good luck finding replacement parts in a few years...
That is my concern with all these small companies, having to modify or look for compatible parts when they malfunction and the company that made it isn't around anymore.
Having to tear up the tiles and replumb with a new fixture should be considered in the price whenever you think you're getting a deal for top quality and off brand manufacturers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7601 posts
3773 upvotes
ON
Red_Army wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 9:44 am
You get what you pay for, those things are junk. Just a bundle of plastic hoses behind a fancy cover. Not built for any sort of longevity. I call these a house flipper special
I've seen them and fully agree. The good thing about these is that replacing them is a breeze and any minor damage necessary is covered by the unit.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6806 posts
564 upvotes
Bought this for $300 - really impressed with it, has built in power through the water pressure for a temperature gauge, timer, and blue lights, has all the functions & rain flow, and seemed fairly well built from my plumbers feedback. If something broke I wouldn't even mess around with replacement parts, I'd buy another $300 fixture and put it right on - it just needs 2 screwable hoses & I had shut off valves put on during the reno - if it breaks I'm saving the call and just swapping in a new one.

I can see paying for quality, but when the replacement price is 2-3x, you got a fair amount of flexibility for issues. We'll see in a few years
Feb 10, 2018
101 posts
178 upvotes
with this system. i see there is no "toe tester"

so does the water spray out the handheld or rain head when first turned on

hate that cold spray shooting at me while waiting for water to get to temperature
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4347 posts
1632 upvotes
northernale1 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 4:36 pm
with this system. i see there is no "toe tester"

so does the water spray out the handheld or rain head when first turned on

hate that cold spray shooting at me while waiting for water to get to temperature
You can choose
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Jan 18, 2005
221 posts
30 upvotes
Waterloo
For those who have this system can you confirm that you can adjust the direction of the shower head? It says it has a ball joint so I’m assuming it can.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4347 posts
1632 upvotes
LttlScamp wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 5:16 pm
For those who have this system can you confirm that you can adjust the direction of the shower head? It says it has a ball joint so I’m assuming it can.
Yes
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Dec 20, 2005
93 posts
5 upvotes
Any suggestion on thermostatic unit without the rain head, dont think I have the height in basement.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3773 posts
1308 upvotes
Montreal
I just finished bathroom reno and went with Grohe Smartcontrol system. Full blown setup with rainshower, triple body jets, and handheld. It's awesome!
Jul 21, 2016
492 posts
758 upvotes
Leask
Being the owner of a $15 shithead, are those thing truly worth paying a lot for? I never used one (so forgive my ignorance about them) but what kind of special feature those have that cheap heads can't do? You've picked my curiosity and interest!
[OP]
Jan 13, 2004
153 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 2:25 am
Being the owner of a $15 shithead, are those thing truly worth paying a lot for? I never used one (so forgive my ignorance about them) but what kind of special feature those have that cheap heads can't do? You've picked my curiosity and interest!
This system is more than just the head - it's the valves, diverter and piping needed, too.

Adding just the shower head to your existing setup would be cheaper (though more than $15, haha.)