• Aug 28th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7609 posts
3779 upvotes
ON
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 9:16 pm
Any suggestion on thermostatic unit without the rain head, dont think I have the height in basement.
You can flush mount with the ceiling, it will just require some plumbing , that's if the height is your only concern. Most valves are sold separately from the trim nowadays so be careful when buying online and calculating total price for the fixture.
Eg. https://www.amazon.ca/Pfister-VB8-310A- ... ower+valve
https://www.amazon.ca/Pfister-Serrano-1 ... hower+trim
Apr 24, 2010
541 posts
182 upvotes
Canada
Red_Army wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 9:44 am
You get what you pay for, those things are junk. Just a bundle of plastic hoses behind a fancy cover. Not built for any sort of longevity. I call these a house flipper special
I do enjoy my inexpensive piece of "junk".

It was certified by IAPMO R & T in accordance with US and Canada plumbing standards.
All pressure bearing parts were made of metal.
It has water temperature display to ensure me getting in a warm shower without testing it.
It has thermostatic mixing valve to let me have perfect water temperature every time without any adjustment.
It has hot water temperature limiter to prevent scalding.
Aug 31, 2012
302 posts
148 upvotes
CONCORD
Doin an inlaw suite for my mom. Ordered thanks OP
Feb 10, 2018
102 posts
180 upvotes
Anyone ever install one of these systems with the control valves on one end of the shower and the heads on the other. ?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4350 posts
1633 upvotes
northernale1 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:14 pm
Anyone ever install one of these systems with the control valves on one end of the shower and the heads on the other. ?

Thanks
If you’re referring to the Grohe set in the OP, it’s not possible
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Feb 10, 2018
102 posts
180 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:37 pm
If you’re referring to the Grohe set in the OP, it’s not possible
Thanks
Jan 13, 2009
416 posts
135 upvotes
hailing wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:28 am
Not exactly the same thing - different brand, different head, different valves...?
I know this particular thing I bought it not the same style, yes, but in the same category on aliexpress there are a lot of options (even cheaper than the integrated one I bought) that look exactly like the one mentioned in this thread including the one from germany. yes, different brand, obviously. but they work and they look the same.
Jan 29, 2007
629 posts
83 upvotes
I am assuming all the ones being discussed here require separate hot and cold water lines. The washroom, I am looking to replace the shower with a panel, has a single outlet (assume the mixer is behind the wall). Any recommended panels that can be retrofitted with the existing setup ?

TIA
Aug 27, 2017
118 posts
67 upvotes
hailing wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:58 pm
Is Build.ca a brick and mortar store, though?
Pretty sure they belong to Andrew Sheret out West, but I could be mistaken.