Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Grohe Euphoria 260 shower system - $578 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
hailing wrote: Not exactly the same thing - different brand, different head, different valves...?
I know this particular thing I bought it not the same style, yes, but in the same category on aliexpress there are a lot of options (even cheaper than the integrated one I bought) that look exactly like the one mentioned in this thread including the one from germany. yes, different brand, obviously. but they work and they look the same.
Jan 29, 2007
738 posts
178 upvotes
I am assuming all the ones being discussed here require separate hot and cold water lines. The washroom, I am looking to replace the shower with a panel, has a single outlet (assume the mixer is behind the wall). Any recommended panels that can be retrofitted with the existing setup ?

TIA
Aug 27, 2017
237 posts
123 upvotes
hailing wrote: Is Build.ca a brick and mortar store, though?
Pretty sure they belong to Andrew Sheret out West, but I could be mistaken.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
elfion wrote: I know this particular thing I bought it not the same style, yes, but in the same category on aliexpress there are a lot of options (even cheaper than the integrated one I bought) that look exactly like the one mentioned in this thread including the one from germany. yes, different brand, obviously. but they work and they look the same.
If you think the items on Ali Express and proven reliable brands are the same, they are not. If you look at amazon, there are a lot of copy of expensive designs at a fraction of the cost. There are so many bad reviews for those items. If you can just "look" and think they are the same, you can't. I bought one from amazon "hoping" that it would work. It worked.. until it didn't. Ended up leaking hot water everywhere, luckily somebody was home while it happened and managed to turn the water off from the shutoff. If nobody was home, then who knows how much water damage it would of cost me. I don't know how much, but I know it would of been much much more than the really really expensive faucet I could have bought. After that, I was thinking of buying water leak sensors. Anyways, I replaced the "unknown china source" faucet with something a little more reliable. I should of done that from the start...

However, if there is a B&M store you can check out the made in china type of faucets, I would recommend that as they tend to source a little bit more reliable products if they have to carry warranty.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
ktkn wrote: If you can just "look" and think they are the same, you can't. I bought one from amazon "hoping" that it would work. It worked.. until it didn't.
are you sure that the faucet failed and not your installation? for example, these chinese faucets often come with UK style threaded connectors. I didn't realize it when I was installing mine and it started to leak. but obviously this is why you test under pressure after you install. so I fixed it before I closed up the wall. anyway, I'm sure they can fail, and the one that costs 130 probably fails more often than the one that costs 1300. now let's talk specifically about the external shower faucets which is what is discussed in this thread. let's say it fails. how can this possibly lead to water damage? it's in a shower. when you say "fail" it's not just going to explode, it may start leaking, I guess. but it's in a shower and it's external. how much damage can it possibly cause?
anyway, my cheap faucets didn't fail yet, so far I'm pretty happy. and mine are internal, so if those fail I will be in a much worse situation.
finally, are you sure that the amazon faucet from German amazon that was linked above is better than the Aliexpress stuff? I am asking because I have no idea what that brand is, and I have no idea it is more reliable than a generic Chinese faucet.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
elfion wrote: are you sure that the faucet failed and not your installation? anyway, I'm sure they can fail, and the one that costs 130 probably fails more often than the one that costs 1300. now let's talk specifically about the external shower faucets which is what is discussed in this thread. let's say it fails. how can this possibly lead to water damage? it's in a shower. when you say "fail" it's not just going to explode, it may start leaking, I guess. but it's in a shower and it's external. how much damage can it possibly cause?
anyway, my cheap faucets didn't fail yet, so far I'm pretty happy. and mine are internal, so if those fail I will be in a much worse situation.
finally, are you sure that the amazon faucet from German amazon that was linked above is better than the Aliexpress stuff? I am asking because I have no idea what that brand is, and I have no idea it is more reliable than a generic Chinese faucet.
I recently completed bathroom remodel and decided against using cheap Chinese no-name hardware for anything that was internal. I was very tempted though! I previously had a shower column that I had retrofitted and the mixer failed after about 5 years and was basically unserviceable - parts not available. Not so bad because it was an external retrofit anyway. I didn't want to have that happen with my newly renovated shower and possible be forced to rip apart the tiled walls. For me the savings wasn't worth the risk. Obviously this decision depends on your situation (i.e. how bad it would be if you had to replace).
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I recently completed bathroom remodel and decided against using cheap Chinese no-name hardware for anything that was internal. I was very tempted though! I previously had a shower column that I had retrofitted and the mixer failed after about 5 years and was basically unserviceable - parts not available. Not so bad because it was an external retrofit anyway. I didn't want to have that happen with my newly renovated shower and possible be forced to rip apart the tiled walls. For me the savings wasn't worth the risk. Obviously this decision depends on your situation (i.e. how bad it would be if you had to replace).
yeah, those are totally valid points
Jan 18, 2005
360 posts
186 upvotes
This guy is down to $593.40 at https://www.homecomfortcentre.com.

EDIT: HD wouldn't beat, only match, using the excuse that the store is more than 100KM away.

Last edit: lol. Persistence pays off...third call and I got it for the 10% off. $534.06 + HST.
Aug 18, 2017
300 posts
507 upvotes
For those who did the installation of Grohe Euphoria shower system themselves , how did you seal the s union to the brass easy adapter?
I'm installing a Euphoria 260, i used teflon tape to seal the connection between s union and easy adpater. The youtube vedio shows using 6-8 wraps of t-tape but I have a very slow leak (a drip in couple minutes) no matter the amount of t-tape i put on the thread.
Tried both regular white t-tape and the thicker pink t-tape https://www.homedepot.ca/product/proplu ... 1001143643 but no luck.
I find it tricky to get a good seal while leveling the s-unions, distance from the wall.
Not sure if i'm doing anything wrong or something else should be used to seal the connection.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)