Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] [GVA] MAVERICK Digital Remote Thermometer with 2-High Heat Probes $26 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 12:07 am
[OP]
May 4, 2011
42 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver

[Home Depot] [GVA] MAVERICK Digital Remote Thermometer with 2-High Heat Probes $26 YMMV

MAVERICK Digital Remote Thermometer with 2-High Heat Probes
Model # HD-377C Store SKU # 1000836948

$26 Clearance price at Cambie store. YMMV
Stock track seems to still shown at full price.

My first deal post.
I grabbed two. Left one for a another fellow smoker.
4 replies
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
409 upvotes
If you're BBQing, are you supposed to put the probes into the meat and leave it cook with the probes in?

I'm 0/2 on these types of thermometers. The probes seem to die.
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1922 posts
544 upvotes
Calgary
I will never buy Mavrick again, but not a bad price for someone starting off I guess, but probably all it's worth, it will probably fail on you in a year or less.

I had a much more expensive Mavrick, and I took care of it, and just after a year for the dreaded hhh reading, and no it was not the probs (I had a brand new spare one I bought that also gave same reading). I promptly threw it all in the garbage, even after trying to take it apart to fix.

Love my Inkbird and even ThermoPro I upgraded from.
Jun 9, 2018
11 posts
8 upvotes
NFN_NLN wrote: If you're BBQing, are you supposed to put the probes into the meat and leave it cook with the probes in?

I'm 0/2 on these types of thermometers. The probes seem to die.
Yes. The bbq thermometer is supposed to be kept inserted during the cooking process, especially if you’re doing a Texas brisket or slow roast. I bought the Weber igrill2 when they were 50% off a couple of months ago on amazon.ca. It charts your temperature gain during the cooking process. It can also track your ambient grill temp with an ambient temperature probe.

However as stated before bbq thermometer probes tend not to last. Some people say to keep the thermometer cable away from direct heat, or even shield the cable with foil to help prevent your probes from burning out.

A lot of people wind up getting a thermoworks or javelin instant read thermometer instead.