[Home Depot] Hampton Bay 5 PC Outdoor Patio Conversation Set - $298.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2018 1:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5042 posts
2321 upvotes
A Place to Stand
abshahul wrote: Amazon has the patio covers on sale today as part of Deal of the day. These are a good buy for this patio set, especially at this price. I bought these for original price in May and I just ran out of the return window.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/gp/search/ref=g ... Y5F0W1P8F4
So another $150 added on to this set for covers that will last a few seasons before the sun turns them into confetti. This 'deal' is looking worse and worse. Guess what kind of metal you don't need to keep the rain off? Yup, that's right, good 'ol aluminium.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9555 posts
2958 upvotes
midget_man wrote: So another $150 added on to this set for covers that will last a few seasons before the sun turns them into confetti. This 'deal' is looking worse and worse. Guess what kind of metal you don't need to keep the rain off? Yup, that's right, good 'ol aluminium.
There is something seriously wrong with your math.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6530 posts
2849 upvotes
Moncton, NB
aznmafia wrote: They took it down the website, I just tried to build mine and they gave me two right walls for my table.....*Facepalm* now fingers crossed hoping to get them to ship me the mising parts
Any luck getting the parts? Our set was missing both wall for the table. Still waiting for then but we are told they are back ordered.

And the parts were missing when the last thing we tried to assemble was the table.

Worst case if we do not get it they suggested to return the set since we have 90 days. I know its wrong but might as well enjoy it for the summer and return it after lol. But my wife loves the set so we hope to get them.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3073 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the set the year before spare parts take a long time to come but HD gave me a $50USD gift card to compensate for the delay,
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5042 posts
2321 upvotes
A Place to Stand
bobcat99 wrote: There is something seriously wrong with your math.
How do you figure that Copernicus? This set comes with 2 chairs, a loveseat and a coffee table, meaning you'd need one AmazonBasics Lounge Deep-Seat Patio Cover (Set of 2) @ $54.98, one AmazonBasics 2-Seater Deep Lounge Sofa Patio Cover @ $42.00 and one AmazonBasics Coffee Table Patio Cover @ $32.00 for a grand total of $128.98. I don't know what province you're from but in Ontario, tax is $16.77, bringing the final amount to $145.75. Yeah, I was off by $4.25, I rounded up. My math is seriously wrong eh?

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2155 posts
1456 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've been enjoying the set a lot since I bought it in May, many of my friends commenting on how nice it is. I'm happy I did not let the "aluminium or nothing" crowd deter me from buying this set, as I know that with the covers it will last me many years. I'd still have bought the covers even if I had bought an aluminium set, at least to protect the cushions from the elements.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2155 posts
1456 upvotes
Montreal, QC
midget_man wrote: My math is seriously wrong eh?
Take a second look at his post. Maybe in your eagerness to constantly try to discredit this deal, you have not seen that there was a rebate on these covers at the time (June 27th). They were much cheaper.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2898 posts
1486 upvotes
Mississauga
April 27, 2018
midget_man wrote: I think everybody that buys this is going to regret the purchase in a couple years. Steel patio furniture is bad a bad idea in general, but cheapo steel patio furniture is a much worse idea. This will start to rust the first day it is left outside, and will continue to rust until the junk man picks it up from your curb, sooner than you'd think. Even a larger more substantial set will start to rust away and become unsightly in short order. This set looks very thin to begin with, meaning even less time for the moisture to turn this to dust. The thin plastic wicker will start to dry and crack in the sun and come unraveled, revealing a rusted sub frame. Don't try and move this anywhere on your deck either. Steel patio furniture is kind of like asbestos ... might be OK if left alone, but as soon as you disturb it, the problems arise. The water will seep into the hollow steel frame and it will start the rusting process inside unbeknownst to you. Try moving it, and a fountain of brown cruddy water will stain whatever surface you have it on. And those cushions are cheap material that will quickly fade, then dry, and then rip apart. Don't be fooled by the low price. This is a low quality set that uses material that should not be used for outdoor patio furniture. Buy aluminium, buy once.
midget_man wrote: What I find funny is the fact that people here seem to think that those advising against this set have some personal vendetta against Hampton Bay and are out to undermine their business model and bring them to their knees. Listen, if you like the way it looks, and you find it suits your needs, buy the bloody thing. I don't get the vitriol toward people that are trying to give advice to those that maybe have not been around the block with regards to buying low grade steel patio furniture. Many of us have been there and done that. Go ahead, buy it. Enjoy it. It is your prerogative. But understand that there are certain forces of nature that cannot be ignored. Namely, the fact that steel rusts. And rusts fast. Would any reputable industry professional push steel furniture for outdoor commercial applications on patios or the like? Doubt it. Why? Because they have it in for Hampton Bay as well? No, because they understand the fact that steel rusts, and aluminum does not. So enjoy your new seating set folks. I'm sure most of us chiming in here could care less what you do with your money. I look forward to reading your posts in a couple of years asking who got their shipping notices on the next Hampton Bay caca furniture thread that gets posted that year because you had to buy a new one after your fat mother in law hurt her back when this cheapo rusted crap buckled under her weight and threw her arse over tits off your deck into your tomato garden below.
midget_man wrote: This ain't a Camry vs BMW thread dude. Whatever. I'm out. Enjoy dinguses. I've been around here long enough to know how all this crap works on these forums. People post their experiences and everyone takes offence for some reason. I could honestly not care less what you all do. So funny, like there is some ulterior motive in people warning against this crap. A conspiracy theory perhaps. Enjoy your summer folks! If it ever comes.
June 28, 2018
midget_man wrote: So another $150 added on to this set for covers that will last a few seasons before the sun turns them into confetti. This 'deal' is looking worse and worse. Guess what kind of metal you don't need to keep the rain off? Yup, that's right, good 'ol aluminium.
We get it dude.....we get it
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2155 posts
1456 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mau_mau wrote: We get it dude.....we get it
I think deep down he's pissed off that we've got a much better deal than him with his almighty and expensive alluminium set :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9555 posts
2958 upvotes
midget_man wrote: How do you figure that Copernicus? This set comes with 2 chairs, a loveseat and a coffee table, meaning you'd need one AmazonBasics Lounge Deep-Seat Patio Cover (Set of 2) @ $54.98, one AmazonBasics 2-Seater Deep Lounge Sofa Patio Cover @ $42.00 and one AmazonBasics Coffee Table Patio Cover @ $32.00 for a grand total of $128.98. I don't know what province you're from but in Ontario, tax is $16.77, bringing the final amount to $145.75. Yeah, I was off by $4.25, I rounded up. My math is seriously wrong eh?

You math is OK if you click on the link a week later, however, when the deal was on the 3 items would have cost around $100. I bought the 2 seat cover and 2 pack of chair covers for $80 taxes in and used it last night in the downpour.
As others have said we get it now, it's our money so we can use it as we want to.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Jul 6th, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 8, 2008
828 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: April 27, 2018

June 28, 2018

Lol pretty funny :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6530 posts
2849 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Finally received the 2 side of the table we were missing. It's been a few months now. It was shipped using DHL directly from china. Now that we have it all it looks even better. We have been using the set so much lately because of the nice weather :)
Apr 18, 2011
16 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with everything here, I just looked at Overstock patio furniture and thought to myself sow is Overstock a deal and not just them but anyone else selling cheap quality goods Now I am just talking about patio furniture but I agree DO NOT BUY STEEL! I think the net net on any product is you get what you buy and outdoor furniture you want to invest, I have jst got new patio furniture setup in my yard it was aluminum made, fabric was Sunbrella and I paid under $1600 for a 10' x 6' set that comes with a 5 year warranty... Would you rather pay $500-$700 more and get something that will last at least 5-10 years. Anyways I have bought at Walmart, Amazon and Overstock before but come on its not always about buying cheap and then having garbage that you need to replace in a year or two.

This isn't just IMH its a fact a couple things to look for aluminum made and what is the UV resistant fabric Sunbrella being the gold standard, if you can find this at a good price it's a no brainer... as I am sitting on my outdoor sectional :P
mau_mau wrote: April 27, 2018

June 28, 2018