Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Hampton Bay 5 PC Outdoor Patio Conversation Set - $298.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2018 1:57 pm
Feb 2, 2017
222 posts
102 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: We went twice to buy this set and both time we just changed our mind because it wasn't confortable at all. We even took some cushion that they had in store and it wasn't better.

I know the HD set will most likely rust with time but not everyone have 1000$ to spend on a patio set.
I sat on the Canadian Tire set too and found it massively uncomfortable. As another alternative, last night I saw at Walmart they had a wicker conversation set on for $199. I don't see it on the Canadian site, but it was similar to this US one. Unfortunately they did not have one set up so that I could see how comfortable it would be.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Small-Spaces ... n/29002324
Last edited by atorring on Apr 27th, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Public Mobile $38/month plan
Verizon Moto E4 $39.88
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2668 posts
1837 upvotes
mau_mau wrote: sleek looking, but doesnt look comfy (for me, I like cushions). looks like the price is $349 or discontinued at all the stores close to me....meh
A lot of people were able to pricematch.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Dec 5, 2004
416 posts
445 upvotes
midget_man wrote: I think everybody that buys this is going to regret the purchase in a couple years. Steel patio furniture is bad a bad idea in general, but cheapo steel patio furniture is a much worse idea. This will start to rust the first day it is left outside, and will continue to rust until the junk man picks it up from your curb, sooner than you'd think. Even a larger more substantial set will start to rust away and become unsightly in short order. This set looks very thin to begin with, meaning even less time for the moisture to turn this to dust. The thin plastic wicker will start to dry and crack in the sun and come unraveled, revealing a rusted sub frame. Don't try and move this anywhere on your deck either. Steel patio furniture is kind of like asbestos ... might be OK if left alone, but as soon as you disturb it, the problems arise. The water will seep into the hollow steel frame and it will start the rusting process inside unbeknownst to you. Try moving it, and a fountain of brown cruddy water will stain whatever surface you have it on. And those cushions are cheap material that will quickly fade, then dry, and then rip apart. Don't be fooled by the low price. This is a low quality set that uses material that should not be used for outdoor patio furniture. Buy aluminium, buy once.
I disagree 100%. Buy yourself some quality waterproof chair covers (Canadian Tire or Lowes) and cover them when not in use. The fabric won't fade, and water won't get in the steel tubing. I bought a set from Walmart 6 years ago and it is of the same material ... looks pristine even now, except the cushions lose their shape. I even went as far as storing them in the garage the first few years during fall/winter/spring, but the last few years I've been covering them with tarps and patio covers.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2668 posts
1837 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: We went twice to buy this set and both time we just changed our mind because it wasn't confortable at all. We even took some cushion that they had in store and it wasn't better.

I know the HD set will most likely rust with time but not everyone have 1000$ to spend on a patio set.
You are supposed to use the provided cushions as the seats are quite deep. Once you set them, the seating is really comfortable - my wife is pretty small, and I am almost 1.90 with herniated disk, and we are both super comfy with the provided cushions behind our backs.

We are both slimfit though, so I can’t comment how it feels for other body types.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6592 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
djredhat wrote: You are supposed to use the provided cushions as the seats are quite deep. Once you set them, the seating is really comfortable - my wife is pretty small, and I am almost 1.90 with herniated disk, and we are both super comfy with the provided cushions behind our backs.

We are both slimfit though, so I can’t comment how it feels for other body types.
I was talking about the set that djredhat posted earlier from Canadian Tire.
canadian-tire-aluminum-canvas-brooklyn- ... v-2181095/

I bought the set from Homedepot because it's way more confortable :)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2668 posts
1837 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I was talking about the set that djredhat posted earlier from Canadian Tire.
canadian-tire-aluminum-canvas-brooklyn- ... v-2181095/

I bought the set from Homedepot because it's way more confortable :)
Me too, my posts is about the CT set. I haven’t tried the HD set to comment on it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6592 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
djredhat wrote: Me too, my posts is about the CT set. I haven’t tried the HD set to comment on it.
Ha yes I get it. I tried with those small cushion in the back and it didn't help at all. Even my wife didn't like it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2364 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, mine just shipped. I'll be ready to swim in this apocalyptic rust falling from the sky and covering my whole patio!
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6592 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
willy0275 wrote: Well, mine just shipped. I'll be ready to swim in this apocalyptic rust falling from the sky and covering my whole patio!
Hehe

I bought a set @ walmart last year. 4 chair and 1 table. I paid 100$ (was on clearance). Anyway yes I noticed some rust leaking out a bit when I stored it for the winter but it's not that bad. I have a deck that has never been stained and turned gray. It's nice to see a few rust spots hehe but they have seem to disapeared over the winter.

I imagine this one might do the same but for the price I paid I'm not that worried. I might just stain my deck rust color so if it happens we wont notice :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2364 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nounou23 wrote: I imagine this one might do the same but for the price I paid I'm not that worried. I might just stain my deck rust color so if it happens we wont notice :)
I plan on using something like this on the metal parts, I'll see how it goes.
Jan 18, 2010
388 posts
77 upvotes
My patio is like 20 feet from the Atlantic ocean... should I pass on this?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6592 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Now to find a deal on a gazebo :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2364 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nounou23 wrote: Now to find a deal on a gazebo :)
You folks seem to have giant houses and patios. Mine is small, but at least has a great view!
Images
  • 17879885_10158487606955006_2041953978788503310_o.jpg
May 12, 2016
156 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
Ordered one online yesterday.
Got this 5 mins ago
Dear *******,
Unfortunately, we were unable to fulfill your order ******* for article 1001024910.

This article is no longer available online and will be removed from our online assortment. We have no inventory therefore your order has been cancelled and you have not been charged.
We apologize for the inconvenience, if you need assistance placing a new order, you may reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-628-0525.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Aug 13, 2006
413 posts
176 upvotes
I ordered yesterday as well and got the same cancellation notice.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2364 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I ordered around 3PM ET and the order went through, when did you guys order?
Jan 29, 2018
336 posts
303 upvotes
We went to sit in the display model today and immediately bought the set. It was a no brainer, surprisingly comfortable for the price. The box is manageable and easy to bring home. We have a newer Durango though with a lot of room, so I can't really comment on what it would be like in something like a CUV. The box is only 105lb which was not bad either!

We're both happy campers, it's too bad the weather is going to be so miserable this weeken :D. Starting Monday though I can't wait to use them
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2821 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
willy0275 wrote: I'm not sure what the fuss is about with steel. At this price, just put some enamel or oil based coating (spray) on the steel parts once a year and you're good to go.
If you're not fussy about rust stains and throwing money away on short-lived disposable furniture, then you're the buyer this is made for. You can't "just put some coating" on the inside of the frame tubes, where it rusts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)