[Home Depot] Hampton Bay 5 PC Outdoor Patio Conversation Set - $298.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2018 1:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1109 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
Should be available in store still. Picked one up at Calgary Chinook, they had 12.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2667 posts
1837 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: Well hopefully you "normal folks" can now find other products to "warn people about", since this deal is dead.
702F3922-B3A6-40E8-9EAA-6FF5F34A2C06.gif
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Apr 9, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
Well said. This is exactly what I’ve experienced with my patio set as well as my bbq grill gazebo. Rust that needs to be spray painted over. Garbage.
Dec 23, 2007
793 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
25 of them left in Winnipeg, Polo Park location.

Plus extra 15% off. Lowes doesn't sell the same set but on the front page of there flyer they are offering a 15% off mostly everything in store when you spend over $100. (20% off if you spend over $400)

Paid $253.30 plus tax with the 15% off Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Last edited by lak8 on Apr 28th, 2018 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 2, 2017
222 posts
102 upvotes
I agree, the great rust debate was getting a little annoying. It's a thread about buying a steel patio set. One warning would do, then move on since it's not of interest to you.
Public Mobile $38/month plan
Verizon Moto E4 $39.88
Dec 23, 2007
793 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've also had a steel patio set that i bought 8 years ago. Its just starting to rust. I leave them outside all year but store the in the garage for the winters.

Here's hoping this set does decent. For under $300 its hard to beat not to mention it may drop in price again for a even better deal!
Last edited by lak8 on Apr 28th, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2363 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
atorring wrote: I agree, the great rust debate was getting a little annoying. It's a thread about buying a steel patio set. One warning would do, then move on since it's not of interest to you.
Yes, my point exactly. Nothing wrong in warning people, but the constant hammering is annoying.

Back to the main subject, I got a shipping notice on Friday but it was just the label being created. I guess it will physically ship on Monday.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2363 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lak8 wrote: I've also had a steel patio set that i bought 8 years ago. Its just starting to rust. I leave them outside all year but store the in the garage for the winters.
Yeah I'm hoping to do protect them during the winter, although I'm not lucky enough to have a garage. Might leave the set on my mezzanine (which leads to the roof patio) during winter, but this would waste space... Another option is to cover everything up with a plastic sheet or if I were not so lazy, bring everything to my building's basement storage room... which would mean having to get everything down 4 floors through relatively narrow stairs. I've got until November to come up with a plan!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2536 posts
662 upvotes
lak8 wrote: 25 of them left in Winnipeg, Polo Park location.

Price match with Lowes this week in there flyer for extra 15% off. (spend $400 = 20% off)

Paid $253.30 plus tax with the 15% off

Let the price matching begin Astonished Face
I don't see the same item in my local flyer or on the Lowes website to do a PM. Link please?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1792 posts
2376 upvotes
Halifax
ciao wrote: I don't see the same item in my local flyer or on the Lowes website to do a PM. Link please?
I think they mean price match Lowe's offer at home Depot.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1260 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
willy0275 wrote: Yeah I'm hoping to do protect them during the winter, although I'm not lucky enough to have a garage. Might leave the set on my mezzanine (which leads to the roof patio) during winter, but this would waste space... Another option is to cover everything up with a plastic sheet or if I were not so lazy, bring everything to my building's basement storage room... which would mean having to get everything down 4 floors through relatively narrow stairs. I've got until November to come up with a plan!
If tarping something over the Winter best to use a breathable tarp. Plastic will trap moisture in and rust will occur. As far as this thread goes the price is right. When we were using metal patio furniture all brands would eventually weather and look horrible. Have since switched to cedar furniture....but wife and I love the look of wood.
Dec 23, 2007
793 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
ciao wrote: I don't see the same item in my local flyer or on the Lowes website to do a PM. Link please?
Sorry, not really a PM, but just an extra 15% off. Lowes doesn't sell the same set but on the front page of there flyer they are offering a 15% off mostly everything in store when you spend over $100. (20% off if you spend over $400)
May 8, 2009
126 posts
116 upvotes
Bank street Ottawa has 8 will not price match promotions, only products. So I got an HD credit card and got $50 off.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2363 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fusion600 wrote: Bank street Ottawa has 8 will not price match promotions, only products. So I got an HD credit card and got $50 off.
That promotion is 10% off, how did you get $50 off?
May 8, 2009
126 posts
116 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: That promotion is 10% off, how did you get $50 off?
When I tried to get the 20% match against Lowe's, the manager said "No", I expressed my frustration and started to leave, when another associate approached me, saying he couldn't believe believe the tone the manager had taken, and said if I opened a Home Depot Card, he would give me an additional $50off. Since this was better than I would have received with the 20% off, I took it. I got $50 off my order + $20off for opening an account. Totally YMMV, which is why I was just warning people that the Bank street location would not do the 20% off match against Lowe's.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2363 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fusion600 wrote: When I tried to get the 20% match against Lowe's, the manager said "No", I expressed my frustration and started to leave, when another associate approached me, saying he couldn't believe believe the tone the manager had taken, and said if I opened a Home Depot Card, he would give me an additional $50off. Since this was better than I would have received with the 20% off, I took it. I got $50 off my order + $20off for opening an account. Totally YMMV, which is why I was just warning people that the Bank street location would not do the 20% off match against Lowe's.
Well, $70 in exchange of a credit hit is not so bad...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1048 posts
310 upvotes
calgary
i saw this today for 199 at marlborugh. At around 9 pm they took the sign and said it was only for today.
i should have paid for it and think of it overnight
Last edited by blitz23 on May 1st, 2018 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 14, 2017
484 posts
712 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
blitz23 wrote: i saw this today for 199 at marlborugh
Melting hot rusty deal.

No but seriously, can't go wrong at that price.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1048 posts
310 upvotes
calgary
this would be good for garage ..darn
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2363 posts
1777 upvotes
Montreal, QC
May you rust in peace, in-store deal.