[Home Depot] Hampton Bay 5 PC Outdoor Patio Conversation Set - $298.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2018 1:57 pm
Dec 23, 2007
792 posts
148 upvotes
Winnipeg
$199 Astonished Face

Anyone else see it for this crazy price. ??

I would go for a price adjustment if this is store wide Electric Light Bulb
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2535 posts
662 upvotes
lak8 wrote: $199 Astonished Face

Anyone else see it for this crazy price. ??

I would go for a price adjustment if this is store wide Electric Light Bulb
No, not yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1222 posts
1197 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: I plan on using something like this on the metal parts, I'll see how it goes.
Any luck? Looks like I can pop the feet caps off with a knife but I have tried it yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lleb13 wrote: Any luck? Looks like I can pop the feet caps off with a knife but I have tried it yet.
Actually, I went another route. I just saw that Amazon has these great AmazonBasics patio furniture covers, for much cheaper than the equivalent anywhere else. So I'll be using these covers permanently when not in use, this should help limit or delay the rust and will also allow me to leave everything on the furniture like the cushions.

I've been using the set a few times already, I love it!

EDIT: I meant AmazonBasics, sorry. Like this one. For the coffee table, I got this one. The AmazonBasics for the coffee table seems too small.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1148 posts
807 upvotes
Whitby
willy0275 wrote: Actually, I went another route. I just saw that Amazon has these great AmazonBasics patio furniture covers, for much cheaper than the equivalent anywhere else. So I'll be using these covers permanently when not in use, this should help limit or delay the rust and will also allow me to leave everything on the furniture like the cushions.

I've been using the set a few times already, I love it!

EDIT: I meant AmazonBasics, sorry. Like this one. For the coffee table, I got this one. The AmazonBasics for the coffee table seems too small.
Even I was thinking of the AmazonBasics cover, yet to assemble the patio set. I decided to assemble them, have them placed as close/over each other possible and get the dimensions to see if any of the AmazonBasics cover would fit them all. Otherwise buying a cover for each is coming up to almost the patio set cost.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal, QC
abshahul wrote: Even I was thinking of the AmazonBasics cover, yet to assemble the patio set. I decided to assemble them, have them placed as close/over each other possible and get the dimensions to see if any of the AmazonBasics cover would fit them all. Otherwise buying a cover for each is coming up to almost the patio set cost.
I think that extra $130 spent is money well spent and the covers could be used for other patio furniture in the future.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1222 posts
1197 upvotes
Exactly what I was thinking, got em all, thanks for being the guinea pig.
May 3, 2018
188 posts
305 upvotes
bought the on the floor one for $248.
┓( ´∀` )┏ i am happy that i dont need to assembly lol
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1148 posts
807 upvotes
Whitby
willy0275 wrote: I think that extra $130 spent is money well spent and the covers could be used for other patio furniture in the future.
Yeah, makes sense. Please keep us updated on how the covers fit the set. If possible pictures as well, thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal, QC
abshahul wrote: Yeah, makes sense. Please keep us updated on how the covers fit the set. If possible pictures as well, thanks in advance.
Yes I'll gladly post the end result. The covers are on the way, strangely they initiated from New Jersey so I'm not sure where the stock is at but they say I should be getting them on Monday.

EDIT: I just received them at work, will test them on Friday evening!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, I could not wait and tried my covers today. I have to leave soon so did not have time to learn how to properly attach and secure them so I went pretty randomly and clumsily but it seems solid for now. There's fast winds in Montreal currently so it's going to be a good test, hopefully my covers will still be there when I come back... my patio set is on the roof!

Well, before I left, I checked one paper from a cover and it actually helped me understand that there's clips on each corners to attach to the legs... so I went back and attached to each leg, now it feels much more safe.

The coffee table seems to be like the perfect place to put the covers when not in use isn't it?
Images
  • 20180510_171046.jpg
  • 20180510_172826.jpg
Aug 31, 2008
223 posts
56 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
I got this set last year. Great bang for your buck. Well worth it for $248.
Nov 19, 2012
418 posts
244 upvotes
Thanks OP. My online order was cancelled so I called my local store. They had 1 left but missing a chair. They reduced the price to $179 which works for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1022 posts
856 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: I think that extra $130 spent is money well spent and the covers could be used for other patio furniture in the future.
Has anyone ever used covers like these? They are much cheaper than the amazon ones, and I know that they're obviously not going to be the same quality, but they're about 1/3 the price, and if secured properly, I can see them doing the same job. thoughts?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tapout123 wrote: Has anyone ever used covers like these? They are much cheaper than the amazon ones, and I know that they're obviously not going to be the same quality, but they're about 1/3 the price, and if secured properly, I can see them doing the same job. thoughts?
Well, if you're willing to wait a month (shipped from China) to find out if they work well enough, it could be a good gamble. About CAD$16 each, so let's say $64 in total you'd save a bit more than 50%. The only thing is that the ones I ordered have a strap on each corner to attach to a leg, this one doesn't seem to have that and I think it makes a big difference when dealing with strong winds.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1022 posts
856 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: Well, if you're willing to wait a month (shipped from China) to find out if they work well enough, it could be a good gamble. About CAD$16 each, so let's say $64 in total you'd save a bit more than 50%. The only thing is that the ones I ordered have a strap on each corner to attach to a leg, this one doesn't seem to have that and I think it makes a big difference when dealing with strong winds.
These have a draw-cord around the bottom with grommet holes, so I'm thinking I should be able to strap them down. TBH, the only real use I'm thinking of is for winter storage, but yeah, the delay from China means I'll have to order now to get them in time for close-up at the trailer. If I get them I'll post with feedback.
Apr 9, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
If anyone is still looking for these, Home Depot bear first Markham place at highway 7 and warden still has the 5 piece. It MAY have been $248 but definitely $248 or $298, probably the latter.
Mar 30, 2013
119 posts
16 upvotes
Burlington
Thank you for showing how they fit! I agree that this would be a good investment.

I'm ready to order these myself. Which chair covers are those? Are they a bit on the large size, or is that just the wind puffing out the fabric (in the photo)?

Again, thank you for ordering and sharing!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1148 posts
807 upvotes
Whitby
willy0275 wrote: Well, I could not wait and tried my covers today. I have to leave soon so did not have time to learn how to properly attach and secure them so I went pretty randomly and clumsily but it seems solid for now. There's fast winds in Montreal currently so it's going to be a good test, hopefully my covers will still be there when I come back... my patio set is on the roof!

Well, before I left, I checked one paper from a cover and it actually helped me understand that there's clips on each corners to attach to the legs... so I went back and attached to each leg, now it feels much more safe.

The coffee table seems to be like the perfect place to put the covers when not in use isn't it?
Thanks for the pics, the covers fit good. Yeah, I was planning to store the covers inside coffee table.
Jan 29, 2018
335 posts
301 upvotes
Considering ordering those covers now that I have seen them! Thanks