Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Hampton Bay Venturi Spiral Flame Heater $198 (Reg. $656)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 3:58 am
Apr 19, 2007
287 posts
71 upvotes
York
sroghen wrote: Last one at HD Mississauga Heartland ..hurry up!
Anyone grabbing this before I head out (save me a wasted trip)?
Feb 13, 2004
747 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
Anwill wrote: I initially bought a conversion kit from Lowe’s but I didn’t need it. Plus it said it’s not designed for use with Patio Heaters. I’ll be returning it.
The conversion was pretty inexpensive.
You’ll need to already have your natural gas hookup with the hose that you usually use for your barbecue. I already had that.
The additional tools are a good drill, a full set of drill bits, vice grip pliers and a couple adjustable wrenches.
That’s it!
Does the length of the hose affect the output of flames? Most conversion kits come with 6-10ft hose. I would like to purchase a 20ft hose and use that instead.
Apr 19, 2007
287 posts
71 upvotes
York
sroghen wrote: Last one at HD Mississauga Heartland ..hurry up!
Thanks Sroghen! Picked it up... last one.
It rang through at $498. I said "no thank you, I was expecting $198". They made the adjustment, and off I went.
Now to figure out what to do with it. I guess 1st step is to get a propane tank.
Thank you OP as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1553 posts
237 upvotes
Markham
Just FYI I looked at mine today. Pretty silly design but there’s a ridge at the bottom of the base that holds water and has began rusting. Mine has been covered since day 2 and I have only used it two times. I’ve also already coated with some rust inhibitor. Just went over the bottom edge again after cleaning it up but a bit disappointed.
Jun 27, 2010
457 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
2K6TSX wrote: Just FYI I looked at mine today. Pretty silly design but there’s a ridge at the bottom of the base that holds water and has began rusting. Mine has been covered since day 2 and I have only used it two times. I’ve also already coated with some rust inhibitor. Just went over the bottom edge again after cleaning it up but a bit disappointed.
can you send a pic.
May 3, 2010
251 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Do you think the glass should be brought in in the winter?

I think it can crack from freezing other half doesnt
Apr 30, 2009
679 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
modelle18 wrote: Do you think the glass should be brought in in the winter?

Glass does not crack by freezing. It can crack if something inside it expands, like water turning to ice in a jar.

If glass cracked from freezing, think of the streetlights.
Apr 30, 2009
679 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
2K6TSX wrote: Just FYI I looked at mine today. Pretty silly design but there’s a ridge at the bottom of the base that holds water and has began rusting. Mine has been covered since day 2 and I have only used it two times. I’ve also already coated with some rust inhibitor. Just went over the bottom edge again after cleaning it up but a bit disappointed.
Mine has been outside uncovered for weeks. No rust. Maybe YMMV?
Apr 30, 2009
679 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
Twism wrote: Does the length of the hose affect the output of flames? Most conversion kits come with 6-10ft hose. I would like to purchase a 20ft hose and use that instead.
Hose length does not matter in this case. There are many feet of pipe in your house already. Another 10’ won’t make a difference.
100’ might, 10’ won’t.

For those really interested, there are various online calculators on NG pipe sizing for BtU ratings and pipe length. They can get confusing with multiple appliances branching off at different lengths. Generally (YMMV) adding one more small draw appliance (like a BBQ) will likely be fine. Adding more than one may not be as good (they will still work, but if too many are on at once, all get less gas and thus less heat).
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
Hug this while sleep
Thanks. Op
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2896 posts
1492 upvotes
Edmonton
modelle18 wrote: Do you think the glass should be brought in in the winter?

Yea, I take all my glass windows from the house inside. It increases my heating bill but my glass is good to go in the spring - no cracks.
May 3, 2010
251 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote: Yea, I take all my glass windows from the house inside. It increases my heating bill but my glass is good to go in the spring - no cracks.

I know you think you're super clever and that's fine

But not all glass is created equal sorry I had to explicitly write that out to avoid the snarkiness of your reply but that was simply my point
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1086 posts
545 upvotes
Very upset, assembled the entire thing wondering why it was leaning, thinking maybe it was to do with the wheels!

Turns out the platform came indented, you can see how it’s sunken in. Hasn’t even seen water yet and there’s already rust where the paint chipped away.

Even worse, there is no stock anywhere in Canada for an exchange and the manufacturer has advised that they have none in stock and don’t have just the base that they can ship.

Pretty PO’d right now.
Images
  • 5D6F90FE-96CF-46E3-80A9-FE23AFB61765.jpeg
  • A6225C4F-F4E7-4E14-9D0E-FA185005AA9B.jpeg
  • BB75C5F4-258D-423D-9103-6D39F345B6D2.jpeg
  • 02D87472-A7D0-4EBF-B55B-18256F35894C.jpeg
RFD has saved & made me $$$
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1165 posts
106 upvotes
So happy I got the last one in gvrd. It just popped up in inventory when there was none last week. Didnt assemble it yet so crossing my finger.
Anyone find a cover that will fit this well? I don't want the cover costing half the price this item.
Apr 19, 2007
287 posts
71 upvotes
York
jon604 wrote: So happy I got the last one in gvrd. It just popped up in inventory when there was none last week. Didnt assemble it yet so crossing my finger.
Anyone find a cover that will fit this well? I don't want the cover costing half the price this item.
This is the one I got (based on posts on this thread)...
https://www.amazon.ca/Protective-Covers ... 1402&psc=1