Home Depot 30 Gal. 175 PSI Oil Lubed Belt Drive Compressor $399 from $999 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2023 6:19 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2006
206 posts
164 upvotes
Oakville

[Home Depot] Home Depot 30 Gal. 175 PSI Oil Lubed Belt Drive Compressor $399 from $999 YMMV

Saw this in Oakville cross store, the same as this on US site:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-30-Ga ... /312074155
Images
  • 20221224_110832.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 29th, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1906 posts
1461 upvotes
Just curious, what is this for? The guy on the promo picture is using it for changing wheels on a regular car which a regular no heavy duty impact wrench. Certainly this pressure or capacity is not necessary for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3656 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
elfion wrote: Just curious, what is this for? The guy on the promo picture is using it for changing wheels on a regular car which a regular no heavy duty impact wrench. Certainly this pressure or capacity is not necessary for that.
You'd use it for something that requires more continuous air flow like a sander or sandblaster or something. You're right that it's overkill for an impact wrench.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1906 posts
1461 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: You'd use it for something that requires more continuous air flow like a sander or sandblaster or something. You're right that it's overkill for an impact wrench.
Ah I see, thanks.
Dec 26, 2021
132 posts
506 upvotes
Nice find for someone who needs it! I wouldnt consider it "portable" at 152 pounds though, dont expect to carry that around everyday lol
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3735 posts
4139 upvotes
Montreal, QC
elfion wrote: Just curious, what is this for? The guy on the promo picture is using it for changing wheels on a regular car which a regular no heavy duty impact wrench. Certainly this pressure or capacity is not necessary for that.
Just for an impact in a home environment, this is a little overkill. Most common impacts like the IR231 or even the Aircat 1150 are about 4.2CFM under load.

BUT, having said that, if you use a die grinder (I often use them to take rust off of surfaces along with a wire brush), those are typically upwards of 20CFM.

The 175PSI is nice, that it will take a while before it drops to an unusable level even if using devices like a die grinder, so you'll be able to use it a little longer before waiting for it to cycle.

HOWEVER, the biggest mistake most people make when using air compressors, are the fittings. For tools like impacts and die grinder to shine, people need to stop using the typical "M" fittings that come standard with cheap hoses and fittings. Those are a HUGE bottlneck. Need to upgrade to high airflow ones fittings. I had my old IR231 and thought it was due for a rebuild, In the meantime I picked up an Aircat 1150, but found it was not as impressive as I hoped. Then I finally got around to replacing my fittings (on the compressor, on my tools and redid my hoses too), and wow.. Even my IR231 felt like it got a new life. I ended up going with "V" type fittings, since the male "M" fittings are backward compatible and still work in "V" style female couplings. That way I can keep my "M" style male fittings for all my tools that don't need any high volume (air Guns, tire inflators, some paint guns, etc..). High Volume fittings and coupling make a huge difference with these tools.

For HD Canada, I guess this is the closest one: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1000857791
The C304H.C (one posted here) will probably be eventually replacing this model (similar specs except higher CFM).

@ $399 it is a pretty nice price if you need a compressor for most home DIY stuff and can find it. Don't need one, and probably not available at my useless local HD, but upvoted for a great find and sharing. Thnx
Oct 20, 2001
894 posts
201 upvotes
Spruce Grove
absolute killer deal, looks to be a rebranded industrial air, its interesting that its 175psi, thats quite high. I have the very similar industrial air 155psi 30 gal and its been beyond amazing. at the $400 price point its honestly a no-brainer.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2172 posts
2776 upvotes
I use it to paint my car
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Mar 5, 2002
161 posts
28 upvotes
Okanagan
Can anyone read the sku from that pic ? Or op do you have it ? Thanks !
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1339 posts
1752 upvotes
Montreal
Bimmer318i wrote: Can anyone read the sku from that pic ? Or op do you have it ? Thanks !
I see 1001651001. Model number C304H. Home Depot site and stocktrack don't show anything for it. Might be store specific.
Mar 5, 2002
161 posts
28 upvotes
Okanagan
dhomas wrote: I see 1001651001. Model number C304H. Home Depot site and stocktrack don't show anything for it. Might be store specific.
Hey, Thanks,

jumped on desktop and was able to see the full size pic properly. Will see what I can discover :)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1514 posts
210 upvotes
There's also a picture of recommended uses from the Home Depot link in OP
Screenshot_20221229-060134.png
Sep 25, 2011
141 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
Can this be used for excavating sprinkler system as preparation for winter?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1283 posts
1268 upvotes
Kingston
ecast2000 wrote: Can this be used for excavating sprinkler system as preparation for winter?
Excavating? You mean line purging? Yes, it can. However it would be complete overkill.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1058 posts
554 upvotes
Greely
ecast2000 wrote: Can this be used for excavating sprinkler system as preparation for winter?
I have an earlier version of this compressor and it has plenty of capacity for blowing out sprinkler lines. It paid for itself after the 3rd season. Just be sure to turn the PSI down, or you *could* damage valves in your system...
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1106 posts
1736 upvotes
old sparks wrote: I have an earlier version of this compressor and it has plenty of capacity for blowing out sprinkler lines. It paid for itself after the 3rd season. Just be sure to turn the PSI down, or you *could* damage valves in your system...
this is a great option to blow out the pipes in a large home or cottage. i use a slightly smaller 4.5scfm compressor at 45-55psi to do my whole home and water heater before i go down south for the winter
[OP]
Apr 26, 2006
206 posts
164 upvotes
Oakville
I checked another nearby homedepot store, and it's priced at 999, so maybe quite some stores have it but not on sale and not on the website
Jun 4, 2004
943 posts
650 upvotes
Mississauga
Only 2 HP? My 5 HP, 25 ga, 125 PSI can barely keep up with my die grinder, was hoping for something with more pressure for a 498K. I'd hate to lug this thing home only to find it takes forever to reach and maintain the advertised pressure.
Jun 4, 2004
943 posts
650 upvotes
Mississauga
How many did you see in stock on sale when you were there?
[OP]
Apr 26, 2006
206 posts
164 upvotes
Oakville
3 or 4