Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Home Depot] Home Depot Black Friday Ad (Nov.26-Dec. 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 4:53 pm
Dec 1, 2007
380 posts
73 upvotes
tehwegz wrote: Thinking of grabbing that Milwaukee 6pc set with two batteries for $529 anyone else? Thoughts on this deal?

I bought the 5pc $399 set but one of the tools is just a light, so not as much value as in the 6pc set. The $529 set has an angle grinder/cutter and a reciprocating saw. So for $130 more I get much more useful tools.

I already use 3-4 of their power tools at work and really like their stuff.
I'm trying to decide on this as well. I have an m12 drill and m12 driver from last year ($139). What I want this year is m18 sawzall and maybe the m18 skilsaw so that would be $198, add on dual pack of 5.0 M18 batteries for 149 and now at total cost of $347. If I want could add the $168 M18 drill/driver combo kit with the 2 2.0 batteries and that brings the total to $515.

But at the same time i'm tempted by the $529 kit because it includes the grinder, but then you end up with only 3.0 batteries instead of 5.0. I'm valuing the bag, charger and flashlight at $40 total since they're not really worth anything on resale market.

Other option is to take the m18 Fuel drill/driver combo kit for 299 with 2x 1.5ah batteries plus take a bare tool (sawzall in my case) and add the circular saw for another 99 so $398 total. But now you've got tiny batteries instead of 3.0 or 5.0. If you add on the $149 pack of 2 5.0 batteries you're up to $547
Aug 26, 2008
149 posts
46 upvotes
Barrie
battsup wrote: I'm trying to decide on this as well. I have an m12 drill and m12 driver from last year ($139). What I want this year is m18 sawzall and maybe the m18 skilsaw so that would be $198, add on dual pack of 5.0 M18 batteries for 149 and now at total cost of $347. If I want could add the $168 M18 drill/driver combo kit with the 2 2.0 batteries and that brings the total to $515.

But at the same time i'm tempted by the $529 kit because it includes the grinder, but then you end up with only 3.0 batteries instead of 5.0. I'm valuing the bag, charger and flashlight at $40 total since they're not really worth anything on resale market.

Other option is to take the m18 Fuel drill/driver combo kit for 299 with 2x 1.5ah batteries plus take a bare tool (sawzall in my case) and add the circular saw for another 99 so $398 total. But now you've got tiny batteries instead of 3.0 or 5.0. If you add on the $149 pack of 2 5.0 batteries you're up to $547
Except you're also with Fuel tools in the Drill/Driver, instead of brushed tools. They're much better. The sawzall is not fuel though, but I can't speak to it's power. I've a got a Fuel Sawzall that I managed to snag from a pawn shop and it's a beast. You're also definitely going to want 5.0 batteries for a Sawzall. The drill/drivers can use whatever, and you're going to prefer smaller batteries for those anyways since they're lighter. A 5.0 on a drill is kind of awkward, to be honest. That being said I use 2.0s on mine atm, would like to upgrade to the CP3.0s at some point but I'm in no rush.
Dec 1, 2007
380 posts
73 upvotes
That's a good point. Another option:

$299 drill driver
$199 5.0 w/ charger
free sawzall
free circular saw

Then hope to be able to sell off both chargers for ~40
Jan 27, 2014
32 posts
43 upvotes
CALGARY
I hope they have washroom doors on sale. I have a hole in one of my washrooms my daughter ran into it.
FIND DEALS, SHARE THEM
Feb 20, 2012
513 posts
342 upvotes
KITCHENER
Cashforlife wrote:
I just bought the Milwaukee M12 tonight. I have a new LED light bar for the truck and I have to replace seven plastic lenses

I don't think I'll have buyer's remorse.
You will not have buyers remorse.

The m12 is pretty easily the best tool set available. Even cursory comparison research will show that milwaukee stuff is head and shoulders above everything else now.

So much so, that most reviewers have stopped comparing them to dewalt / bosch / makita, and started comparing the tools to snapon, hilti, and feldt. (3x the price)

Check out "project farm" for some good unbiased work, specifically the pact driver reviews. The part where the drop all the impacts from 10 feet on to concrete was enjoyable.

Oct 18, 2019
81 posts
58 upvotes
m4gician wrote: Which $10 coupon. I want to pick this thing up. Trying to get the best value.
If you sign up to their newsletter (scroll to bottom of the page). 10$ off a purchase of over 100$
Dec 22, 2010
32 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
Corazu wrote: Except you're also with Fuel tools in the Drill/Driver, instead of brushed tools. They're much better. The sawzall is not fuel though, but I can't speak to it's power. I've a got a Fuel Sawzall that I managed to snag from a pawn shop and it's a beast. You're also definitely going to want 5.0 batteries for a Sawzall. The drill/drivers can use whatever, and you're going to prefer smaller batteries for those anyways since they're lighter. A 5.0 on a drill is kind of awkward, to be honest. That being said I use 2.0s on mine atm, would like to upgrade to the CP3.0s at some point but I'm in no rush.
I can vouch for the non-Fuel Sawzall... it's a beast as well!

I dismantled a deck last year (can't say no to a FREE deck!) and it was "Da Bomb"... ;) I also had to replace some boards on my current deck and it performed well above expectations...I have a hard time figuring which tool I prefer, but the Sawzall is "way up there".
May 11, 2007
976 posts
720 upvotes
Kitchener
no deals on the pressure washer. Missed that Wm sunjoe $98 deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7509 posts
811 upvotes
Waterloo
Is the Milwaukee tool box good quality? Debating of buying it
Love saving money......
Nov 10, 2015
310 posts
257 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
sassysue wrote: Is the Milwaukee tool box good quality? Debating of buying it
Yes. The best quality of all the rolling bin boxes. Go in store and compare
It sells itself
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
Blustreak wrote: These are the non-HP batteries, so they will not perform as well on brushless tools as the HP line, just an FYI. I would spend the extra $10 and get the HC 2pk.
Tbh the only cordless Ryobi tools that interest me are the brad nailer and the 6 1/4 circular saw, neither are brushless.
So at this point, if I'm spending extra for the HP batteries, why not go all the way to the starter set that includes 2x 4Ah batteries and the circular saw? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 9, 2013
561 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
caraj4u wrote: no deals on the pressure washer. Missed that Wm sunjoe $98 deal.
I have one from Walmart still brand new in box if you want into at cost. Otherwise I'm gonna return it to Walmart
May 11, 2007
976 posts
720 upvotes
Kitchener
miscbrah1 wrote: I have one from Walmart still brand new in box if you want into at cost. Otherwise I'm gonna return it to Walmart
i am located in Kitchener
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1881 posts
1094 upvotes
battsup wrote: I'm trying to decide on this as well. I have an m12 drill and m12 driver from last year ($139). What I want this year is m18 sawzall and maybe the m18 skilsaw so that would be $198, add on dual pack of 5.0 M18 batteries for 149 and now at total cost of $347. If I want could add the $168 M18 drill/driver combo kit with the 2 2.0 batteries and that brings the total to $515.

Where is the m18 Fuel kit with free tool? Im not seeing it at Homedepot website.
Dec 22, 2011
21 posts
13 upvotes
Buy the ridgid power tools and register the tools and batteries. Free replacement batteries for life. I have about 15 corded and cordless tools and the warranty is great.
Dec 1, 2007
380 posts
73 upvotes
eclone wrote: Where is the m18 Fuel kit with free tool? Im not seeing it at Homedepot website.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001002378

Here you go. $299 for the kit and you choose from one of the promo tools to use as your freebie (sawzall, circular saw, multicrafter, palm sander, grinder or 3.0ah battery)
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... aukee.html

So either you can buy the $299 drill/driver fuel kit to get a freebie or the $199 5.0ah battery with charger to get a freebie. If you already have the charger the $199 option may not make much sense and you may be better off just buying a bare tool and springing for 2 pack of 5.0 batteries. Depends on your needs I guess. I dont really need the fuel m18 drill/driver but then at the same time its only extra $200 for that set with 2x2.0ah batteries. I think i've finally made my decision and going to jump on Drill/Driver, sawzall, circular saw and 2x5.0ah batteries for $547+tax
Dec 22, 2010
32 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
battsup wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001002378

Here you go. $299 for the kit and you choose from one of the promo tools to use as your freebie (sawzall, circular saw, multicrafter, palm sander, grinder or 3.0ah battery)
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... aukee.html

So either you can buy the $299 drill/driver fuel kit to get a freebie or the $199 5.0ah battery with charger to get a freebie. If you already have the charger the $199 option may not make much sense and you may be better off just buying a bare tool and springing for 2 pack of 5.0 batteries. Depends on your needs I guess. I dont really need the fuel m18 drill/driver but then at the same time its only extra $200 for that set with 2x2.0ah batteries. I think i've finally made my decision and going to jump on Drill/Driver, sawzall, circular saw and 2x5.0ah batteries for $547+tax
FYI: The $299 kit is brushless but not Fuel. Many years ago, Brushless = Fuel, but not anymore. ;)
Dec 1, 2007
380 posts
73 upvotes
frosken wrote: FYI: The $299 kit is brushless but not Fuel. Many years ago, Brushless = Fuel, but not anymore. ;)
Oh geeze, still worth it for net cost of $200 or leave it for a better sale?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5101 posts
1585 upvotes
Vancouver
i bought a $1 nitrile glove

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)