Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Home Depot] Home Depot Black Friday Ad (Nov.26-Dec. 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 4:53 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1881 posts
1094 upvotes
battsup wrote: Oh geeze, still worth it for net cost of $200 or leave it for a better sale?
Thanks for the response, but as @frosken already said, its not Fuel. Fuel rarely goes on sale and come down to your needs and more importantly what you can afford. For me its home use but I'll use it often enough that want the reliability as a piece of mind.

I just ordered this from homedepot us for working on my car..Ive been waiting for a sale for a long time..its an absolute beast.
Your text to link here...
Dec 1, 2007
380 posts
73 upvotes
Nice buy, I bought the mid-torque version last year and can't believe i did without it all these years. There will definitely be no stopping that high-torque.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28046 posts
8480 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: Looking for owners' comments on Milwaukee $99 M12 driver with 2batteries and Makita's $50 power screwdriver...
I don't own either but spending $100 on a screwdriver seems a bit silly to me. IMO it's for people that just get hooked into buying more and more and more tools, just because. "Oh look another M12, and on sale, gotta get that!" :lol:

I mean I'm sure it's great but you really don't need a $100 power screwdriver. A "basic" 3.6V Li-Ion power screwdriver is pretty much all you need.

If you need something more, you can just use a drill with screw-driving bits in the chuck--heck use an M12 drill for that matter :) Don't really think most people would have a need for a 12V screwdriver that is that much in cost. I mean if this is with a free battery promo and you want the batts then sure, otherwise this is something I wouldn't bother getting even with return trick. I just don't see much use in it. Even with the promo, I'd pick another tool instead of a screwdriver.

If you really needed to drive screws like deck screws, etc. then you'd also be using an impact driver, not a screwdriver or a drill. Those expensive power screwdrivers always get me puzzled. I mean sure they're better than a lighter-duty power screwdriver but then you could just use a drill instead and the drill can do both. The pricey "premium" power screwdriver is just a screwdriver, it can't do anything else.

In short:
Light duty: small, cheaper power screwdriver
Medium duty--need faster or stronger performance: drill with screw-driving bits. Plus, this is also a drill which 99% of people with tools already have.
Heavy duty--driving screws into wood, metal, etc.: impact driver

Don't really see where the premium $100 power screwdrivers fit in.

Just my $0.02 though, others may think it's really useful? :shrug:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2744 posts
753 upvotes
Scarborough
ES_Revenge wrote: I don't own either but spending $100 on a screwdriver seems a bit silly to me...
Face With Tears Of Joy Hey man, thanks for the briefs!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7509 posts
811 upvotes
Waterloo
kammj1 wrote: Yes. The best quality of all the rolling bin boxes. Go in store and compare
It sells itself
Thanks my wife bought it for my Christmas gift apparently it's a go to gift for wife's to buy for their husbands for this holiday season!
Love saving money......
Apr 5, 2003
855 posts
207 upvotes
White Rock, BC
sassysue wrote: Thanks my wife bought it for my Christmas gift apparently it's a go to gift for wife's to buy for their husbands for this holiday season!
Wife "bought" mine for me this xmas.
Jan 29, 2020
412 posts
401 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: I mean I'm sure it's great but you really don't need a $100 power screwdriver. A "basic" 3.6V Li-Ion power screwdriver is pretty much all you need.

If you need something more, you can just use a drill with screw-driving bits in the chuck--heck use an M12 drill for that matter :)
I replaced the plastic lenses on a 42" truck light bar last night. There were seven lenses with eight fasteners each. I needed a specific torque slip setting to avoid cracking the lenses. If I had used a "basic" power screwdriver, I would have cracked every lens right half in two.

I also really like the supplied case. The kit is self-contained, you just grab it out of the tool cabinet and everything is guaranteed to be right there.

I was looking for more of a linear screwdriver with a torque slip adjustment, rather than one with a pistol grip because it would feel more natural to me. But I couldn't find one on sale.
Jan 29, 2020
412 posts
401 upvotes
sassysue wrote: Thanks my wife bought it for my Christmas gift apparently it's a go to gift for wife's to buy for their husbands for this holiday season!
noodles wrote: Wife "bought" mine for me this xmas.
Lucky men. Hope you know what you've got.
Oct 18, 2019
81 posts
58 upvotes
I got the brad nailer. Any recommendations on good cheap nails/where to get them?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28046 posts
8480 upvotes
Cashforlife wrote: I replaced the plastic lenses on a 42" truck light bar last night. There were seven lenses with eight fasteners each. I needed a specific torque slip setting to avoid cracking the lenses. If I had used a "basic" power screwdriver, I would have cracked every lens right half in two.

I also really like the supplied case. The kit is self-contained, you just grab it out of the tool cabinet and everything is guaranteed to be right there.

I was looking for more of a linear screwdriver with a torque slip adjustment, rather than one with a pistol grip because it would feel more natural to me. But I couldn't find one on sale.
Good points though I would have to mention there are drills out there with many-point clutches (some with hundreds of detents) for fine torque adjustment as well. As you say there's other pros one might enjoy though.

I'm sure there's good uses for them, like yours, but that's more of a niche operation than common usage. In any event glad you're happy with it. I think it's a bit pricey and there are other alternatives; but, like any tool, other ppl may have uses where they find it indispensable.
Nov 28, 2003
411 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal
hesp wrote: i bought a $1 nitrile glove
They have been $1 since the summer.
Nov 10, 2015
310 posts
257 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
MarcALeB wrote: I got the brad nailer. Any recommendations on good cheap nails/where to get them?
Any hardware store. They are inexpensive just make sure you get the same gauge as your nailer. 16, 18 etc.
Apr 5, 2017
714 posts
482 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Good info on the Milwaukee stuff. I'm happy with that $529 6pc set.

On another note.

I stumbled across the SunJoe 2030PSi 1.76GPM SPX3000 for $148 at Home Depot. IDK if this was even in the flyer. I remember almost buying this unit off Amazon which was/is on sale there for $168. I'm returning the smaller $98 SunJoe unit from Walmart because the fittings are bad/fragile and you can't quickly attach a hose to it. Whereas the bigger more powerful one has a quick spin on fitting/seems way better designed.

If anyone is looking for it, try calling some locations to see if they have them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6063 posts
595 upvotes
SW Ontario
tehwegz wrote: Good info on the Milwaukee stuff. I'm happy with that $529 6pc set.

On another note.

I stumbled across the SunJoe 2030PSi 1.76GPM SPX3000 for $148 at Home Depot. IDK if this was even in the flyer. I remember almost buying this unit off Amazon which was/is on sale there for $168. I'm returning the smaller $98 SunJoe unit from Walmart because the fittings are bad/fragile and you can't quickly attach a hose to it. Whereas the bigger more powerful one has a quick spin on fitting/seems way better designed.

If anyone is looking for it, try calling some locations to see if they have them.
I’ve had the spx3000 for a few years. It works well. The plastic hose connection leaks on mind though. I was going to upgrade it to a metal one but haven’t gotten to it.
Nov 13, 2019
135 posts
37 upvotes
MarcALeB wrote: I been eying this for a while now.

From research, it was reported at 88$ and 98$ in 2019. That said the regular price of the tool has gone up from 149 to 169, to 194 to the now 184$.

Best deal from what I recall this year would have been at 149$ with a free starter kit. That would had made de tool at around 93$ if you consider the return value. Still kicking myself that I missed that.

EDIT : That said the 10$ coupon should work in store, bringing the price to 109$.
is there a site that shows that? the history of the sell price of an item?
Last edited by timofeewho on Nov 29th, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28046 posts
8480 upvotes
KingR88 wrote: I hope they have washroom doors on sale. I have a hole in one of my washrooms my daughter ran into it.
Wait is your bathroom door made of balsa wood or are you the Juggernaut and your daughter inherited some of your magical powers? :lol:

Jokes aside, I'm humming and hawwing about the $230 packout set. Seems like a great deal but I wonder if I really "need" it...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5954 posts
601 upvotes
Vancouver
tehwegz wrote: I stumbled across the SunJoe 2030PSi 1.76GPM SPX3000 for $148 at Home Depot. IDK if this was even in the flyer. I remember almost buying this unit off Amazon which was/is on sale there for $168. I'm returning the smaller $98 SunJoe unit from Walmart because the fittings are bad/fragile and you can't quickly attach a hose to it. Whereas the bigger more powerful one has a quick spin on fitting/seems way better designed.

I was going to buy it on amazon too but they dont have price protection and glad I didnt because their current price is 148 too. Do you think it will go lower than $148 comes boxing day sale?

For general home use, do you think this is powerful enough without going gas?

Buying this for next summer use. How long is home depot return policy?
Nov 13, 2019
135 posts
37 upvotes
jtcb wrote: I was going to buy it on amazon too but they dont have price protection and glad I didnt because their current price is 148 too. Do you think it will go lower than $148 comes boxing day sale?

For general home use, do you think this is powerful enough without going gas?

Buying this for next summer use. How long is home depot return policy?
3mo
Dec 22, 2010
32 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
ES_Revenge wrote: Jokes aside, I'm humming and hawwing about the $230 packout set. Seems like a great deal but I wonder if I really "need" it...
I bit the bullet on Saturday...and got the $10 coupon on it as well. Had fun packing them in yesterday... very impressed by the sturdiness and quality of these...might need to get other modules though to clean up the workbench...way too much $h*t! :/