• May 20th, 2021 7:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1185 upvotes
GTA

[Home Depot] [Home Depot] Dewalt DW734 Thickness Planer in Stock $479

Home Depot has the Dewalt DW734 Thickness Planer for $479. This tool usually sells for between $549 and $599 and has been out of stock in many stores for a while. StockTrack is showing one or two per store in my area (eastern GTA).

This is the smaller brother to the Dewalt DW735 Planer - both seem to get very good reviews.

When I did a search for this tool on Home Depot's site the DW734 did not even come up - it showed up under the heading "Customers Who Viewed This Item Bought" when I was looking at a similar tool.

Here is the link on Home Depot's site:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... ?rrec=true

and here is the item # 1000123105 and link to info on StockTrack:

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000123105

This might be YMMV - not sure if there is stock everywhere.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
4 replies
Jul 16, 2015
387 posts
179 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
this is an excellent planer. It's pretty much the standard for advanced DIYers. It's also loud as hell so be prepared for some angry neighbours. Worth it tho.

Edit:. Ignore my comment as I mixed up the models. The one I'm referring to is the dw735.
Last edited by dwfLuid on May 20th, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2008
229 posts
200 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
dwfLuid wrote: this is an excellent planer. It's pretty much the standard for advanced DIYers. It's also loud as hell so be prepared for some angry neighbours. Worth it tho.
You might be thinking about the DW735, that is the one that is much louder because of the built in fan, also the one that many YouTube woodworkers have used, It is excellent, I have had one for about 7 years I think, but it is not the same as the DW734 in this deal.
Jul 16, 2015
387 posts
179 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
solarfish wrote: You might be thinking about the DW735, that is the one that is much louder because of the built in fan, also the one that many YouTube woodworkers have used, It is excellent, I have had one for about 7 years I think, but it is not the same as the DW734 in this deal.
You are 100% correct. I am mixing up my models. Thank goodness I didn't mention the helical head option which is a great upgrade.