Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Home Depot Free Battery Event - Free battery with select tool purchases (Ryobi, Milwaukee, Ridgid, etc.)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 7:05 pm
Oct 28, 2015
817 posts
244 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
SPARTACVS wrote: Different trimmers.
I know they were different, but the $88 one is actually a hybrid trimmer which accepts 120v and a 18V battery, so basically, it's a more *advanced* version than that battery alone version, see my point? it's probably better to buy this trimmer and purchase another 18V battery for additional $78, which is still less than the so-called *deal* at $188.
Oct 17, 2002
939 posts
146 upvotes
Oakville
MexicanPeso wrote: Whoa....

Hold the phone!

So if the tool was full price and the battery came up as zero...

so..... if you paid with credit card and return the tool as no receipt with credit card.... and if the battery was actually free .... you should get full price for the tool back and keep a free battery.

This totally doesn't sound right....
Not unless they've caught on what people are doing, and put $0 value for the battery and also state all items must be returned for refund.
Dec 27, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: I know they were different, but the $88 one is actually a hybrid trimmer which accepts 120v and a 18V battery, so basically, it's a more *advanced* version than that battery alone version, see my point? it's probably better to buy this trimmer and purchase another 18V battery for additional $78, which is still less than the so-called *deal* at $188.
$88.88 gets you the hybrid tool but not battery. $189 gets you the battery only tool with a battery, PLUS the bonus battery rated at a "$78 value". So you would have to buy the $118 2 pack battery pack to match the two products. $206.88 vs $189...
Oct 28, 2015
817 posts
244 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
jgaleazza wrote: $88.88 gets you the hybrid tool but not battery. $189 gets you the battery only tool with a battery, PLUS the bonus battery rated at a "$78 value". So you would have to buy the $118 2 pack battery pack to match the two products. $206.88 vs $189...
why u buy 2 pack of batteries? for the hybrid one without battery, you simply add one $78 "value" battery which comes to total of $156, while the "so-called deal" one with a battery sits at $188.....
Dec 27, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: why u buy 2 pack of batteries? for the hybrid one without battery, you simply add one $78 "value" battery which comes to total of $156, while the "so-called deal" one with a battery sits at $188.....
Because if you did that you would only have 1 (ONE) battery with the hybrid tool while the cordless one you would have 2 (TWO) batteries. Remember it comes with a battery PLUS you get the promo "free", thus two batteries.

So if you want to compare apples to apples you need to compare tool + 2 batteries. How much you value the ability to use the tool corded would change how you value the tools.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1130 posts
278 upvotes
Markham
xuanzh wrote: I know they were different, but the $88 one is actually a hybrid trimmer which accepts 120v and a 18V battery, so basically, it's a more *advanced* version than that battery alone version, see my point? it's probably better to buy this trimmer and purchase another 18V battery for additional $78, which is still less than the so-called *deal* at $188.
U forgot to mention $188 comes w a 4ah battery, charger & free 2ah batt

Depends on person some might find it a bonus
Return the 2ah batt & get more $

Not all free batt deals will make sense as they come w batts & chargers & then a free batt
Sandviper
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1130 posts
278 upvotes
Markham
jgaleazza wrote: Because if you did that you would only have 1 (ONE) battery with the hybrid tool while the cordless one you would have 2 (TWO) batteries. Remember it comes with a battery PLUS you get the promo "free", thus two batteries.

So if you want to compare apples to apples you need to compare tool + 2 batteries. How much you value the ability to use the tool corded would change how you value the tools.
Exactly my thought
Tool plus 4ah batt & charger & free 2ah batt

Vs tool alone & buying the above
Sandviper
May 8, 2016
177 posts
84 upvotes
Anything from this free battery deal is worth to grab?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1203 posts
1968 upvotes
springrain wrote: Anything from this free battery deal is worth to grab?
That’s a pretty wide open question I would say.

What brand of tools do you already have?

What tools are you specifically looking for?

Your question is like walking into a buffet and asking, what’s good? Everyone has difference tastes and wants.
Oct 12, 2016
924 posts
267 upvotes
Iam looking for the drill machine to do some works in apartment.im confused .looking for advice.thanks.
I have ryobi air filling machine which I got it during last promo with free battery.
Oct 28, 2015
817 posts
244 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
sandviper wrote: U forgot to mention $188 comes w a 4ah battery, charger & free 2ah batt

Depends on person some might find it a bonus
Return the 2ah batt & get more $

Not all free batt deals will make sense as they come w batts & chargers & then a free batt
I thought the deal tool is a tool alone version, nvm....

Can I return the *free* battery pack back for $78? I have no needs for 2 batteries.
May 8, 2016
177 posts
84 upvotes
Canadiansinner wrote:
That’s a pretty wide open question I would say.

What brand of tools do you already have?

What tools are you specifically looking for?

Your question is like walking into a buffet and asking, what’s good? Everyone has difference tastes and wants.
Thanks for your discussion.

I realized it is a wide question and it’s hard to make targeted suggestions. The reason I asked a general question is that I have limited tools - corded Dewalt drill and circular saw. I didn’t do much in the past but decided to do some DIYs around my house, since the situation of working from home will last for a long time. I therefore open to any brand with great deals to build up some inventory.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1203 posts
1968 upvotes
springrain wrote: Thanks for your discussion.

I realized it is a wide question and it’s hard to make targeted suggestions. The reason I asked a general question is that I have limited tools - corded Dewalt drill and circular saw. I didn’t do much in the past but decided to do some DIYs around my house, since the situation of working from home will last for a long time. I therefore open to any brand with great deals to build up some inventory.
Sounds like you are like someone like myself. A starter DIYer which I have amassed Ryobi tools. Good enough for small projects :)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2407 posts
2242 upvotes
Montreal
springrain wrote: Thanks for your discussion.

Get Ryobi or Ridgid.

Both have advatanges and disavatanges.

I would go with Ridgid. A bit more expensive, not by much, and you get lifetime warranty on the tools and the batteries.
I know that Ridgid doesn't make all the tools in the world compared to Ryobi or say Milwaukee, DeWalt, etc so this is why I would tell you to just get an adapter on eBay to go from Ridgid to whatever the brand you want.
The Ridgid batteries have the BMS in the battery as long with the protection so there's no risk using them with another brand.