• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 9:46 am
[OP]
May 19, 2012
28 posts
21 upvotes
Port Perry

[Home Depot] Home Depot - Outdoor and Indoor Timers - HOT HOT - YMMV

This was at the Victoria location in Whitby.

Outdoor and indoor timers from .48 cents to .99 cents.
Images
  • 43B0D838-74E7-4402-A4C2-D098B05B0255.jpeg
  • C0A1C020-F77C-4937-9137-18C365237BC6.jpeg
Last edited by aksidents on Oct 23rd, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Nov 30, 2014
158 posts
330 upvotes
Calgary, AB
give you a thumbs up since this is a good deal.

but would you please make the title more meaningful next time?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1589 posts
813 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Damn good deal but may be very YMMV
Picked up a couple from Walmart last time, paid $2 each, thought I got a great deal until I see this...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2700 upvotes
ON
Some of those are liquid hot magma, $34 down to $1
The mechanical ones are probably not that great, but for $1 if you need one, why not?

And this will almost certainly be this location only (much like most RCSS deals). I wouldn't go out of your way to other locations to look.
Dec 23, 2007
792 posts
148 upvotes
Winnipeg
aqnd wrote: Some of those are liquid hot magma, $34 down to $1
The mechanical ones are probably not that great, but for $1 if you need one, why not?

And this will almost certainly be this location only (much like most RCSS deals). I wouldn't go out of your way to other locations to look.
I just bought a two pack mechanical type from costco for i think $10. :(

I also prefer these mechanical ones instead of the digital. I have a few Canadian Tire noma digital timers i bought years ago.. They are @$#%# PITA to program. (I always have to use the instruction manual or else i never know what the numbers/letters mean on the 3 digit display) If you unplug them for a few hours you have to reprogram it... frustrating.

There are probably better digital ones out there, but i do like these mechanical ones. "Set it and forget it" style. (pretty much set it one time and you are good forever)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2700 upvotes
ON
lak8 wrote: I just bought a two pack mechanical type from costco for i think $10. :(

I also prefer these mechanical ones instead of the digital. I have a few Canadian Tire noma digital timers i bought years ago.. They are @$#%# PITA to program. (I always have to use the instruction manual or else i never know what the numbers/letters mean on the 3 digit display) If you unplug them for a few hours you have to reprogram it... frustrating.

There are probably better digital ones out there, but i do like these mechanical ones. "Set it and forget it" style. (pretty much set it one time and you are good forever)
The mechanical also lose their accuracy when the power goes out. Have to reset them to real time.
I have some digital battery backup models that save settings when power out and recharge the battery when plugged in. Also have multiple time profiles and one button DST. Best of all worlds (except remote wifi capability, that's beyond my budget on these kinds of things - I don't use often enough)
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
The TP-Link smart plugs were selling for $15 last week. I picked up 3. They offer easy, flexible timer programming via smartphone, and they recover and resume their schedule correctly after a power outage. Not to mention that they can be remote-controlled and linked to smart automation routines that do things like adjust for sunset/sunrise time and weather conditions.

I'm retiring my mechanical timers. They are too unreliable: 1 of the 3 doesn't seem to run any more, and a 2nd is erratic.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4634 posts
1138 upvotes
Wat
I think smart switches are forcing these timers into extinction
Dec 23, 2007
792 posts
148 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nice deal TP-Link $15 i probably would of bought one myself.

My digital noma's also have the battery backup but after 3 years the battery i think only last around 30mins now. Its a good timer, just can be pretty frustrating to program :(
Jan 31, 2011
851 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
My local HD only price match the indoor timer at Whitby and offer the rest 50% off the discounted price.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.plug ... 63358.html
successfully price matched at $0.48

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.dayl ... 79396.html
50% off $5 = $2.5

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.outd ... 63357.html
$5.96 - $4 instant energy saving rebate = $1.96 (I took the instant rebate instead of 50% off since it was cheaper).
Nov 28, 2016
598 posts
222 upvotes
Faith24 wrote: The TP-Link smart plugs were selling for $15 last week.
which location?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
dealyou wrote: which location?
Best Buy in BC. They went on sale for $25 at BB last week, then their price briefly dropped to $20 last Thurs/Fri when Amazon matched that price. In BC there's also a $5 rebate from BC Hydro applied automatically on checkout = net price $15.

It's still on sale for $25 nationwide, and $20 in BC.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1145 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how much longer timers will be around with the fast evolution of smart lights and plugs... If you're in the indoor/outdoor timer business, get out now or pivot to smart home!