Hot Deals

Home Depot

Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat $87.89 (PM Homedepot with Amazon + $75 Enbridge Rebate)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 9:45 am
[OP]
Jun 13, 2008
77 posts
288 upvotes
Lonon

[Home Depot] Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat $87.89 (PM Homedepot with Amazon + $75 Enbridge Rebate)

Homedepot sells the Honeywell T9 for $199:
Home Depot Honeywell T9

Amazon has the same unit for $162.89:
Amazon Honeywell T9

Pricematch and combine with Enbridge $75 rebate for roughly $87.89 (Rebate only at Home Depot instore)

I have been debating if to pull the trigger. I prefer the design of this over the ecobee, it blends into the wall and has larger numbers. I've already ruled out the Nest for various reasons.

Anyone else used this unit? Have the wifi/app issues been figured out yet? Note this one doesn't come with sensors. Still cheaper than the sensor-less ecobee lite.

Alternatively high end ecobee is $212 with sensor (pricematch from amazon + rebate at homedepot)
Last edited by RaphaelK2005 on Sep 2nd, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smart thermostats!
28 replies
Mar 2, 2009
526 posts
265 upvotes
Does Hydro Quebec have a similar rebate?
Dec 19, 2005
981 posts
55 upvotes
Brampton
Thank you OP for sharing this deal. Looks very nice.

Does anyone know if this one integrates with Home Assistant? That was the reason I was considering Ecobee lite.
Apr 15, 2021
9 posts
6 upvotes
dealgini wrote: Thank you OP for sharing this deal. Looks very nice.

Does anyone know if this one integrates with Home Assistant? That was the reason I was considering Ecobee lite.
I've read that it was 'coming' soon but could never get confirmation. Apparently their app development team switched or something.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1382 posts
423 upvotes
Anyone got this yet by pm + rebate ?
Jul 30, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
I have this thermostat with a remote sensor for upstairs bedroom, makes it very easy to have a comfortable temperature in the home office, works great
Jan 12, 2017
334 posts
676 upvotes
ecobee lite was on sale at $154.99 this year. how is this one comparison to ecobee lite?
Apr 15, 2021
9 posts
6 upvotes
Arr1304 wrote: I have this thermostat with a remote sensor for upstairs bedroom, makes it very easy to have a comfortable temperature in the home office, works great
How is wifi connectivity?
Jan 7, 2020
45 posts
16 upvotes
Can HomeDepot price match the Ecobee if the seller isnt Amazon? Do they pricematch as long as the item is Prime? Shipped from Amazon, or buy and ship from Amazon?
Sep 14, 2005
21 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Do not get this thermostat if you have hot water radiators powered by a boiler. It fast cycles the boiler (on/off every couple minutes) regardless of configuration.
Feb 9, 2011
768 posts
289 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote: Anyone got this yet by pm + rebate ?
Ordered online. Was successful at PM. Although I’ll have to go into store for “repurchase” to use the Enbridge $75. I don’t see this as a issue as my local HD is really cooperative.
Nov 19, 2009
689 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
RaphaelK2005 wrote: Homedepot sells the Honeywell T9 for $199:
Home Depot Honeywell T9

Amazon has the same unit for $162.89:
Amazon Honeywell T9

Pricematch and combine with Enbridge $75 rebate for roughly $87.89 (Rebate only at Home Depot instore)

I have been debating if to pull the trigger. I prefer the design of this over the ecobee, it blends into the wall and has larger numbers. I've already ruled out the Nest for various reasons.

Anyone else used this unit? Have the wifi/app issues been figured out yet? Note this one doesn't come with sensors. Still cheaper than the sensor-less ecobee lite.

Alternatively high end ecobee is $212 with sensor (pricematch from amazon + rebate at homedepot)
I am curious why you'd go with this instead of the Nest. Im in the market and I cant make a decision. I always default to Google products but in this case, maybe I should go with the Honeywell? Thoughts. It's a small home, but I'd love to have it fully automated
[OP]
Jun 13, 2008
77 posts
288 upvotes
Lonon
Malta wrote: I am curious why you'd go with this instead of the Nest. Im in the market and I cant make a decision. I always default to Google products but in this case, maybe I should go with the Honeywell? Thoughts. It's a small home, but I'd love to have it fully automated
From everything I read of how it operates and screws up scheduling and it's not that 'smart'. We don't have a consistent schedule so likely wouldn't work well in our household. And in general the constant updates that google makes to its products that adds, removes or cripples features. I also don't like the scroll wheel interface, I didn't find it intuitive. I think the nest sensors are only temperature and not occupancy. Unlike ecobee and honeywell which can detect occupancy.
Jan 1, 2014
32 posts
23 upvotes
TORONTO
Hi I have the Honeywell T6 Lyric thermostat which controls a two-stage natural gas high efficiency furnace (forced warm air).
The App works on an Android phone and on a tablet just fine. So I could adjust the set point and the schedule remotely.
This one performs very well and I have had only two issues
(The furnace was new and replaces an old dino-oil drinking furnace. )
1. The installer needed to be told to do the wiring properly with two conductors to control the two stages. If not closely supervised they will not bother with the second wire and the best control algorithm of the furnace is lost. The default to one wire is not so effective, This was with a high priced big name Toronto HVAC firm. (note I provided all the wires needed in the wall for them, so no extra conductors for them to pull).
2. When the power goes out for a moment everything resets. (The Internet and wifi is on a back up so does not fail). The thermostat loses its
connection and would not restart on the wifi. I had to fiddle with the router to make the Address for the thermostat STATIC and not dynamic This completely solved the issue. I sent this fix in a message to the HVAC supplier and they did not respond, it is way over their heads.
Lesson - if you expect your furnace tech to install a high tech thermostat - even the Honeywell which they recommend and sell - prepare to read the installation manual and supervise the tech to get it done right.
Good luck from Dave
Jul 30, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
kijijiseller wrote: How is wifi connectivity?

good, no issues so far. The companion app sometimes starts acting up in android, minor inconvenience.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6463 posts
2792 upvotes
West GTEH!
Isn't the $75 Rebate AFTER Taxes are calculated?
In Ontario, PM HD against Amazon price for $162.89 + 13% Tax = $184.06. Minus $75 Rebate = $109.06 Final price.
😎
Nov 6, 2014
130 posts
125 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
I have an older T5 and it’s horrible. I’m sure the T9 is better but my experience with Honeywell and their app has been bad enough that I wouldn’t try them again for any price.

Can argue with OP tho, it’s a good deal if it’s what you want.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3038 posts
220 upvotes
Oakville
Toyo613 wrote: I have an older T5 and it’s horrible. I’m sure the T9 is better but my experience with Honeywell and their app has been bad enough that I wouldn’t try them again for any price.

Can argue with OP tho, it’s a good deal if it’s what you want.
Same here. Very finicky with wifi and doesn't recover well from connectivity issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3038 posts
220 upvotes
Oakville
Z240zz wrote: Hi I have the Honeywell T6 Lyric thermostat which controls a two-stage natural gas high efficiency furnace (forced warm air).
The App works on an Android phone and on a tablet just fine. So I could adjust the set point and the schedule remotely.
This one performs very well and I have had only two issues
(The furnace was new and replaces an old dino-oil drinking furnace. )
1. The installer needed to be told to do the wiring properly with two conductors to control the two stages. If not closely supervised they will not bother with the second wire and the best control algorithm of the furnace is lost. The default to one wire is not so effective, This was with a high priced big name Toronto HVAC firm. (note I provided all the wires needed in the wall for them, so no extra conductors for them to pull).
2. When the power goes out for a moment everything resets. (The Internet and wifi is on a back up so does not fail). The thermostat loses its
connection and would not restart on the wifi. I had to fiddle with the router to make the Address for the thermostat STATIC and not dynamic This completely solved the issue. I sent this fix in a message to the HVAC supplier and they did not respond, it is way over their heads.
Lesson - if you expect your furnace tech to install a high tech thermostat - even the Honeywell which they recommend and sell - prepare to read the installation manual and supervise the tech to get it done right.
Good luck from Dave
I'm not sure mine is wired properly for my 2 stage furnace either. Would you be able to post a picture of the connected wires at the back of your thermostat?
Thanks!