[Home Depot] HOT! Bosch 5-inch Random Orbit Sander & Polisher $69.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2020 12:41 am
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
537 posts
299 upvotes

[Home Depot] HOT! Bosch 5-inch Random Orbit Sander & Polisher $69.98

Great deal on an orbital sander. This tool is a must have for any woodworking or refinishing project. I have been using this for years without issues.

Edit: there might be some confusion about the different Bosch models. They all look the same or similar but their model numbers are different:

ROS20VSC - comes with a soft carry bag (looks like a small tool bag)
ROS20VSK - comes with a hard carry case
ROS10 - the non-variable speed version of the models above. I wouldn't get this one as the variable speed is far more versatile.
Last edited by ahammad on May 27th, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
74 replies
Aug 30, 2013
617 posts
531 upvotes
prairies
Price match+10% off at Lowe's. Add on $10 off $50 coupon online and this comes down to about $53+tax.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
537 posts
299 upvotes
I think Bosch is better quality but it is corded VS cordless. The Ryobi is the bare tool though, so unless you have an extra battery laying around, it'll cost you a lot more.

I tend to sand things in a place that has a power socket nearby, so I have no need for a battery operated sander.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
537 posts
299 upvotes
marcfar wrote: Price match+10% off at Lowe's. Add on $10 off $50 coupon online and this comes down to about $53+tax.
Link to coupon? Were you able to do a price match?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1196 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
my understanding is that a random orbit sander/polisher is also great if you want to compound/polish/wax your car. Only thing that might be a bit weird is that i typically find 6 inch and 7 inch foam pads. I would assume you need a smaller pad in order to use this.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7411 posts
1588 upvotes
Mont-Royal
it is corded
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
537 posts
299 upvotes
heymanwuzup wrote: my understanding is that a random orbit sander/polisher is also great if you want to compound/polish/wax your car. Only thing that might be a bit weird is that i typically find 6 inch and 7 inch foam pads. I would assume you need a smaller pad in order to use this.
I wouldn't use this on a car, it spins way too fast even at the lowest setting.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3483 posts
1421 upvotes
Would be hot if cordless. Power tools are marked up quite a bit, there's margin in there.

Looking for one to refinish some furniture
Sep 20, 2011
24 posts
23 upvotes
marcfar wrote: Price match+10% off at Lowe's. Add on $10 off $50 coupon online and this comes down to about $53+tax.
Are you referring to the email newsletter coupon? If yes, can I use that in-store?
Oct 8, 2019
10 posts
Is 5-inch too small if I want to sand my garage exterior and paint it? Been looking for something like this
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
537 posts
299 upvotes
qwerty17327 wrote: Are you referring to the email newsletter coupon? If yes, can I use that in-store?
Can you post the coupon if it is a generic one?