Hot Deals

Home Depot

[HOT] Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Li Cordless Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) 1.5Ah [$128.57+tax]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 10:10 am
[OP]
May 5, 2021
5 posts
11 upvotes

[Home Depot] [HOT] Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Li Cordless Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) 1.5Ah [$128.57+tax]

WHAT
Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) 1.5Ah Batteries, Charger, Tool Bag

HOW
1) Order the package + free battery for $199 + tax
2) Return the free battery for refund value of $70.43 + tax

MORE INFO
Refer product link for more tech specs.
21 replies
Jan 19, 2007
971 posts
827 upvotes
Is it really a deal when you have to exploit a technical flaw in the way their sales system works in order to get it? Personally I think not.

Ordering a price error at least comes with the possible expectation of cancelation (unless in Quebec). This practice is shady.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2793 posts
2916 upvotes
Montreal
You can't return a battery when purchased online - only with a store receipt.
I make Ridgid to Ryobi Adapter and other adapters from Ridgid as well
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1550 posts
5876 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
kronos288 wrote: Is it really a deal when you have to exploit a technical flaw in the way their sales system works in order to get it? Personally I think not.

Ordering a price error at least comes with the possible expectation of cancelation (unless in Quebec). This practice is shady.
Its not a technical flaw. They've allowed people to do this for years and years and is 100% allowed.
What's in your wallet?
Jan 19, 2007
971 posts
827 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Its not a technical flaw. They've allowed people to do this for years and years and is 100% allowed.
Some stores do some don't. It's been widely discussed here on rfd many times and it's generally considered to be a shady practise and not in the spirit of rfd. If it happens to be possible on an item, w/e, but not to be posted as a "Hot Deal".

TLDR: These type of posts are not in the spirit of RFD.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1550 posts
5876 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
kronos288 wrote: Some stores do some don't. It's been widely discussed here on rfd many times and it's generally considered to be a shady practise and not in the spirit of rfd. If it happens to be possible on an item, w/e, but not to be posted as a "Hot Deal".

I have been buying milwaukee tools for years from various hd locations and not even once have I been questioned about returning a battery. Agreed perhaps not a hot deal, but to classify it as shady practise, unethical or whatever is incorrect Imo. If HD had a problem with it, or milwaukee had a problem with it, they would have pulled the plug on it a long time ago.
What's in your wallet?
Jan 19, 2007
971 posts
827 upvotes
MoreDealsPlease wrote: Off topic, should probably keep your value judgements to yourself
Off topic? Get lost. Go review other posts on tool deals over the past few years and you'll see its consistent.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2150 posts
1596 upvotes
Hamilton
kronos288 wrote: Some stores do some don't. It's been widely discussed here on rfd many times and it's generally considered to be a shady practise and not in the spirit of rfd. If it happens to be possible on an item, w/e, but not to be posted as a "Hot Deal".

If you're given a "return value" on a receipt and try to get that "return value" honored I would argue it's HD that's being shady by not allowing returns some of the time.

Retail reps/managers taking policy into their own hands is the real issue. HD is very aware what the "return value" is and can choose to make it $0 or whatever they want, they know people return the items that are free and seem to be ok with it or they would have made a change long ago.

They need to be consistent with their policy and have their sales receipts reflect such.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5985 posts
3539 upvotes
Ottawa
I personally think that this is a great deal for a DIYer but I don't know why anybody would want to return the better of the batteries of the three you would get. I like Milwaukee but these tools are far from the best that Milwaukee has to offer. I suppose you could press the drill into service as a hammer drill but, again, there are way better tools out there for the job.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2204 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
Store around be has a bulletin up for staff (in view of customers) from hq advising them package deals must entirely returned and not split up.

I'll try to get pic next time.
Dec 23, 2005
496 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this a good way to get into the milwaukee lineup? DIY/Home Renos. I see the batteries are a bit small but I'd likely purchase more tools/batteries over time.
Oct 14, 2014
153 posts
308 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Pilgrim wrote: Is this a good way to get into the milwaukee lineup? DIY/Home Renos. I see the batteries are a bit small but I'd likely purchase more tools/batteries over time.
They are quite good. A bit heavy but solid.
If you only need it for occasional use, you might be better off with the M12 line.
The M18 line is very solid and can hold its own.

I'm only interested in the Hammer drill if anyone around Halifax wants to split the deal and keep the impact driver :-)
Apr 30, 2019
2 posts
7 upvotes
Shoot, would have kept the battery too but wish they were brushless.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2150 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
If you can still find the Bosch combo kits in your local Lowes, I personally think that'd be a better deal with no return involved. also it comes with 2 x 2A batteries.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5722 posts
3232 upvotes
Toronto
CaptainCrash wrote: If you're given a "return value" on a receipt and try to get that "return value" honored I would argue it's HD that's being shady by not allowing returns some of the time.

Retail reps/managers taking policy into their own hands is the real issue. HD is very aware what the "return value" is and can choose to make it $0 or whatever they want, they know people return the items that are free and seem to be ok with it or they would have made a change long ago.

They need to be consistent with their policy and have their sales receipts reflect such.
This has been done in states years before coming to Canada. Nothing new about returning partial value items.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2007
1044 posts
69 upvotes
I tried to return battery at the birchmount location and they said no. This was for an online pick-up order though. Not sure if I can walk into a store and try this with better luck.

Does anyone know how to actually get the return value of the battery on their receipt?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29735 posts
10454 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: Some stores do some don't. It's been widely discussed here on rfd many times and it's generally considered to be a shady practise and not in the spirit of rfd.

LOL what? You're just giving your own opinion on that, not what the "general consensus" is on RFD not even close. Go in the Charged Up! promo thread and say this silliness and watch yourself get laughed out the thread. Or any other thread discussing any of the Ridgid, Milwaukee, or Ryobi "free battery/kit" promos that ever existed.

Now the title of the thread should not be as it is, there I agree. The thread should be $199 with free extra battery. Then it should discuss the return values inside the thread.

The only problem here?

This is a repost:
home-depot-milwaukee-199-m18-18v-hammer ... y-2481782/

And it was posted the correct way in this^ thread.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Sep 3rd, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29735 posts
10454 upvotes
TrueChainz wrote: Shoot, would have kept the battery too but wish they were brushless.
This is what you want right here in that case. Non-fuel but brushless, bigger/better batteries, $100 more but worth it IMO:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001163159

Of course the Ridgid R96172 clearance was half the price and just as good--a much better deal but you don't get "into" M18 that way. Anyway that stock is long gone I think.
Dec 20, 2010
221 posts
331 upvotes
Ottawa
bluewaker wrote: I tried to return battery at the birchmount location and they said no. This was for an online pick-up order though. Not sure if I can walk into a store and try this with better luck.

Does anyone know how to actually get the return value of the battery on their receipt?
If you purchase online it is not possible to return one part or the other. It is an all or nothing affair. If you buy in store at the checkout you will get a receipt with a pro-rated value for each item.