• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2020 4:02 pm
[OP]
Jun 11, 2015
72 posts
39 upvotes
London Ontario

[Home Depot] Hot - Rigid - 18V 5 tool combo kit, 2x 4.0AH - $397

Saw this deal in the most recent home depot email. Likely pull the trigger and pick it up.
Includes hammer drill, driver, zawzall, circular saw, flashlight, charger, and contractor bag.
Don't forget the lifetime warranty!

Looks like clearing out stock, with significant amounts available (77 near me).

Edit Per Bubblegum86: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000837744
Last edited by picklefingers on Feb 4th, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Sep 25, 2019
9 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like a great deal. Anyone have any experience with Rigid's lifetime warranty? Also Ryobi batteries should be compatible correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1929 posts
395 upvotes
Burlington
noAntidote wrote: Looks like a great deal. Anyone have any experience with Rigid's lifetime warranty? Also Ryobi batteries should be compatible correct?
I don't believe batteries are interchangable! Only Rigid batteries.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1692 posts
1234 upvotes
Montreal
If they are indeed clearing it out, watch out in the next few months the price drop.

This is GEN5X with top of the line impact and hammer drill.
Dec 11, 2003
410 posts
58 upvotes
I have used the warranty many times. Replaced some of my ten year old batteries no issues. You must register the tool I believe within 90 days for the lifetime warranty.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2754 posts
1217 upvotes
West Coast
Solid deal, thumbs up op.

For those looking at grabbing one, make sure to note this is not the brushless series. Can't complain at the price of course, but it does make a big difference in terms of power and battery life.

I'm almost tempted to buy this and part it off to keep the batteries lol.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Nov 15, 2015
30 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These are not brushless tools in case anyone was wondering. I still might pick up this set because I've been looking for a good deal on a battery powered combo kit for a long time now and this isn't bad at all.

Does the lifetime warranty also cover the tool or just the batteries?
Aug 18, 2017
233 posts
323 upvotes
I believe this set is the older gen 5X which is not brushless. That said, these are still quality tools with LSA. But if you want more power, go for the brushless gen 5X or the octane which is almost on par with Milwaukee fuel in terms of performance.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1692 posts
1234 upvotes
Montreal
akovacs wrote: I have used the warranty many times. Replaced some of my ten year old batteries no issues. You must register the tool I believe within 90 days for the lifetime warranty.
Have you done it recently (last 6 months)? Wondering if they ask to send back the old battery when you call the battery hot line.
Feb 20, 2008
346 posts
402 upvotes
Not hot, kinda warm, maybe, but only if you are literally starting off buying cordless tools.

The Milwaukee deals have been way more aggressive lately, causing me to invest more in red than orange.

Ahh, the good old days of Ridgid deals in the past. BOGO MaxSelect bare tools, $99 hammer drill kits with 2 Batts and charger,....etc.

To the poster thinking of buying just for the batts? Don't do it. Look for a Pro Days deal on a battery 2 or 3 pack. Generally April and November.

This kit would be hot at $199. Buy it in 3 months time, and then look for a price halving within the 4th month. Leave the box unopened and return otherwise.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3846 posts
1652 upvotes
Hang on to your receipt and check the price in store each month. I bought the Gen5x brushless set for somewhere around $400 a few years ago. Went a month later and got it adjusted to the new clearance price of $250, went another month or so after that and had it adjusted again to $125.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2754 posts
1217 upvotes
West Coast
*Ridgid
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Dec 24, 2007
706 posts
276 upvotes
Kingston
tinmack wrote: To the poster thinking of buying just for the batts? Don't do it. Look for a Pro Days deal on a battery 2 or 3 pack. Generally April and November.
Keep in mind that individually purchased batteries tht are not part of a tool set or kit are NOT eligible for LSA!