Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Husky 12-in-1 Quick-load Ratcheting Screwdriver with 6 Driver Blades in Handle - $13.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 11:23 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1471 posts
2269 upvotes

[Home Depot] Husky 12-in-1 Quick-load Ratcheting Screwdriver with 6 Driver Blades in Handle - $13.98

Decent price for a ratchet screwdriver with commonly used bits and a lifetime warranty. The ratchet mechanism is very smooth and satisfying! The only function missing is that the bits are not magnetic. IIRC, in store showed the reg price as $24 or $25. It was recently $14.98 so it's gone down a buck from last week.

Overview
Model # 99515 Store SKU # 1001017709

This Quick-Load Ratcheting Screwdriver includes 6 driver blades that safely and securely store away in the handle. It accepts all 1/4-inch blades and is designed for single handed loading.

Quick-load ratcheting design
Comfort grip handles for non-slip usage
1/4-inch double-ended bits stored in handle
12 screwdrivers in 1 with double ended blades
Husky style design
Secure blade connection feels like a solid handle driver

Lifetime Warranty: If your Husky hand tool ever fails, bring it back and we will replace it free. Call 1-888-HD-HUSKY (1-888-434-8759) for service & support.
39 replies
Jul 1, 2019
12 posts
36 upvotes
Own this, definitely better than the Milwaukee version, the quick change bits are a plus. Would highly recommend this
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4208 posts
1802 upvotes
Kingston, ON
FWIW, I bought and returned this screwdriver recently because it was very difficult to pull the bits out, painful on the fingers. Wasn't fun to use. Others have had very positive experiences. Maybe I'm just weak sauce.
Dec 21, 2019
207 posts
360 upvotes
Kewals wrote: FWIW, I bought and returned this screwdriver recently because it was very difficult to pull the bits out, painful on the fingers. Wasn't fun to use. Others have had very positive experiences. Maybe I'm just weak sauce.
I was wondering the same thing after looking at it...how do you get the bits out?
By shoving your fingertip nail on the edge of the bit and pulling it out?

Seems shitty if so
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1891 posts
787 upvotes
Calgary
Kewals wrote: FWIW, I bought and returned this screwdriver recently because it was very difficult to pull the bits out, painful on the fingers. Wasn't fun to use. Others have had very positive experiences. Maybe I'm just weak sauce.
I have the Milwaukee one and hate it for this reason. I ended up loading the bits backwards to make it a little easier.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1622 posts
6195 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
torontoman12 wrote: Own this, definitely better than the Milwaukee version, the quick change bits are a plus. Would highly recommend this
I own the milwaukee one and maybe mine is a lemon, but I need a hammer to get the bits out of the holding chamber. There are in there soooo tight. Same with the stubby version. Is mine the only one?.?
What's in your wallet?
Dec 8, 2017
217 posts
497 upvotes
QC
Can't you do the same as Picquic screwdrivers: just leave the bit you last used in the screwdriver, don't store it away in the handle, and if you need to get another bit out, use it to push it out and take its place?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10858 posts
3064 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
MonsieurDealz wrote: Can't you do the same as Picquic screwdrivers: just leave the bit you last used in the screwdriver, don't store it away in the handle, and if you need to get another bit out, use it to push it out and take its place?
Doesn’t look like there’s any holes at the bottom to push through…if not, I imagine these would be pretty painful to pull bits out.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1471 posts
2269 upvotes
ceredon wrote: Doesn’t look like there’s any holes at the bottom to push through…if not, I imagine these would be pretty painful to pull bits out.
No holes to push the bits through on the shaft side. You need to push bits towards the base of the handle and pull them out. For me they're secure and are relatively smooth to pull out. I can see if QA is poor maybe some hold onto the bits too tight but mine is pretty smooth to pull out.
Dec 10, 2003
275 posts
284 upvotes
I just use the bit thats in the screwdriver to push the other ones out... over time and with use they loosen up a bit........ pretty much every one of these style I have had over the years has been this way.....
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4208 posts
1802 upvotes
Kingston, ON
SideFFect26 wrote: I was wondering the same thing after looking at it...how do you get the bits out?
By shoving your fingertip nail on the edge of the bit and pulling it out?

Seems shitty if so
Exactly. So when I returned it I bought this instead:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/picqui ... 1000405289

This one I'm really happy with. Easy to remove bits, quality feel, comfortable... I can live without the ratcheting for those features. I may go to Snap On for ratcheting but still not sold on the idea.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack OP, price is great if it works for your needs!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10858 posts
3064 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
frugalcanuck wrote: No holes to push the bits through on the shaft side. You need to push bits towards the base of the handle and pull them out. For me they're secure and are relatively smooth to pull out. I can see if QA is poor maybe some hold onto the bits too tight but mine is pretty smooth to pull out.
So, there are holes at both ends of the handle for each bit? From the pics it looks like they are only open at one end, which would be a pain.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1456 posts
3279 upvotes
Canada
SideFFect26 wrote:
Sure, but that's amazon and everything is made in china.
I don't expect that to last more than 3 months
Husky products aren't made in china?

"Details
Accessory Type
Screwdriver
Country of Origin
CN-China"
Live a little
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1196 posts
284 upvotes
North York
I've owned this screwdriver for about 3-4 years now and it's been great for occasional work around the house and in the garage. The bits are loose enough in there that you can push up from the bottom and it'll expose enough to pull it out. That or use the bit you were just using to push out the one you need next
Feb 17, 2014
62 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this a few weeks ago. Really good tool and no issues with removing the bits. There's a slight gap between the bit and the screwdriver itself. Use your thumb, put it on top of the bit, and push it down. That'll push it far out enough of the screwdriver that you can then just grab the part that was pushed out and remove it. Very easy to do.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by mango100 on Jan 13th, 2022 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Swap picture order
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12099 posts
3420 upvotes
This is a great screwdriver..., have owned it for several years now, paid the same price for it years ago... I have seen it come back at higher prices, but usually ends up on sale for $13 etc... each year.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)