Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Husky 12-in-1 Quick-load Ratcheting Screwdriver with 6 Driver Blades in Handle - $13.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 11:23 am
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
Kewals wrote: FWIW, I bought and returned this screwdriver recently because it was very difficult to pull the bits out, painful on the fingers. Wasn't fun to use. Others have had very positive experiences. Maybe I'm just weak sauce.
SideFFect26 wrote: I was wondering the same thing after looking at it...how do you get the bits out?
By shoving your fingertip nail on the edge of the bit and pulling it out?

Seems shitty if so
There are holes to push the bit into the bottom and have the next bit come out where you're replacing it, but at the top of the screwdriver, the hole is concave where you can easily push just the tip with your fingertip, down enough that you can grab the bit from the end of the handle. Have never had an issue and I have NO nails...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
May 18, 2007
207 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
torontoman12 wrote: Own this, definitely better than the Milwaukee version, the quick change bits are a plus. Would highly recommend this
Thanks! I was going to ask how they compare to the Milwaukee 2-piece set, which I already love.
"Smile, it confuses people"
Jan 4, 2009
18 posts
10 upvotes
I have the Milwaukee set and just use the 'loose' bit to push the other one down and out if it's sticky.
I'm not really sold on the ratcheting part of it, find it gets in the way more than it helps.
I like the picquic more.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2264 posts
833 upvotes
toronto
Spawk1028 wrote: I own the milwaukee one and maybe mine is a lemon, but I need a hammer to get the bits out of the holding chamber. There are in there soooo tight. Same with the stubby version. Is mine the only one?.?
I also find it tough getting the bits out, but maybe Spraying some silicone Lubricate in the chambers would help?
Dec 21, 2019
209 posts
429 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Husky products aren't made in china?

"Details
Accessory Type
Screwdriver
Country of Origin
CN-China"
Ok great?
I just said that amazon basics is all china crap

Even if husky has good quality, doesnt mean its the same factory amazon makes its cheap shit from
Mar 6, 2019
220 posts
330 upvotes
SideFFect26 wrote: Ok great?
I just said that amazon basics is all china crap

Even if husky has good quality, doesnt mean its the same factory amazon makes its cheap shit from
real difference is Husky is backed by a life time guarantee at home depot. Walk in and get it exchange for a new one if it breaks... Amazon... well... at least they have free shipping with prime.
Dec 21, 2019
209 posts
429 upvotes
yesdeals wrote: real difference is Husky is backed by a life time guarantee at home depot. Walk in and get it exchange for a new one if it breaks... Amazon... well... at least they have free shipping with prime.
Ha, that I didn't know, thanks for the info!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4019 posts
1112 upvotes
Just buy it, its a good deal. Having such a compact screw driver with all the bits is amazing. But I already got six other multiset lol
+1
Nov 3, 2007
27 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Own the Milwaukee one and regret the decision. Bad design on the ratcheting full size and stubby. It’s in the shop but I expected see they will either being regifted or stuck as a backup somewhere.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4205 posts
1178 upvotes
Mississauga
Passed by and saw it.
Wish there were magnetic tips or something.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15341 posts
9899 upvotes
Southern Ontario
SideFFect26 wrote: Sure, but that's amazon and everything is made in china.
I don't expect that to last more than 3 months
Also more of a hassle to carry and use, requires a flat surface to open the case and 2 hands to attach a bit. I have a Megapro 13-1 like the Husky and you can just use your hands up on a ladder, in a tight spot etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31712 posts
13046 upvotes
LOL this is perhaps the first time I've seen screwdriving bits referred to as "blades" :confused: At first I thought it was OP, but nope this is actually how it is marketed.
Nov 18, 2008
778 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
I bought it for convenience, eg. if I’m working on some thing in which I don’t really know what to expect in terms of the style of screw or I expect multiple styles of screws, I do not have to carry multiple screwdrivers or a driver with a box of bits.

Here is a problem, if you’re screwing a lot of the same screws, the weight of the screwdriver takes a toll on your hand. It’s very heavy compared to a single tip regular screwdriver. Recently I’m working on a painting project where I took off the faceplates of all switches and plugs, putting all the tiny screws back with a heavy tool like this is a bit tiring. I find the weight takes a toll on your hand plus it’s a bit harder to initially position the tip on such tiny screws. I finished the job much quicker and easier with a small regular flat head screwdriver.

This is not a problem with the tool, I’m just saying what I’m observing with this type of do-it-all tool.

For me I think it’s a great quality tool that I will keep in my tool box for those scenarios in which I don’t know what style of screw to expect or I’m expecting multiple styles of screws.
Apr 21, 2014
62 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This version is a bit different now compared to how it was years ago. It’s made cheaper(?) now- slightly more plastic/less metal? Or maybe still metal but not brushed and just coated now? I can’t remember what husband said. He lost his original one so he bought a new one a few months ago but keeps telling me how it just isn’t the same lol
Still a really good tool overall though he’s said!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1290 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Kewals wrote: Exactly. So when I returned it I bought this instead:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/picqui ... 1000405289

This one I'm really happy with. Easy to remove bits, quality feel, comfortable... I can live without the ratcheting for those features. I may go to Snap On for ratcheting but still not sold on the idea.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack OP, price is great if it works for your needs!
This will work with impact driver too.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3950 posts
2690 upvotes
Montreal
Picquic if you want multi bit, Rolgear if you want ratcheting, don't bother with anything else.
Dec 28, 2021
14 posts
4 upvotes
SideFFect26 wrote: Sure, but that's amazon and everything is made in china.
I don't expect that to last more than 3 months
"everything is made in china" is a total fallacy nowadays. There are so many things made in China that are of good quality. There are always going to be hits and misses in production quality; it doesn't matter where it's coming from.

Don't judge products from its origin.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3466 posts
2149 upvotes
West Coast
I was leaning towards getting the Husky, but ended up getting the Klein from amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KFNDBRW/?co ... dp_it&th=1). Love that it is a stubby, but can extend to be longer, so it can be used in more situations, while still being grippy and easy to use. Granted, doesn't have as many bits (8 instead of 12), but takes up less space in the toolbox, and I often find the more conventional multi-bit drivers are too long for some applications, so the extendable stubby fixes that.

Good find though OP.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers