• Aug 15th, 2021 12:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2778 posts
4683 upvotes
Atlantic

[Home Depot] Husky 3 TON Jack With Stands Creeper

Seems like a pretty decent package of a jack, jack stands and a creeper for $150.

A decent jack alone will run ~ $100. Probably way more if you want to use a Costco Arcan for comparison but for this style I think ~ $100 is fair.

Jackstands alone ~ $30.

Creeper price?

People like HomeDepot/Husky for their lifetime warranty
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2622 posts
5829 upvotes
Vancouver
This are the same sets you can buy for half the price without the creeper. Good for changing your tires maybe, but if you do actual service on your car beyond that, get something better.

The costco one is x100 better than this lift
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2778 posts
4683 upvotes
Atlantic
danascully wrote: This are the same sets you can buy for half the price without the creeper.
Please link
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6039 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the 2.5 ton version. It’s pretty cheaply made and didn’t feel safe lifting my cars.

Ended up buying a torin from Costco. The build is way better and I don’t feel like the thing is gonna either tip over or collapse on itself.
Nov 11, 2018
164 posts
296 upvotes
$98 back in December. See attached image.
Images
  • Screenshot_2021-08-11-21-59-55-248_com.android.chrome.jpg
Nov 11, 2018
164 posts
296 upvotes
Narci wrote: I have the 2.5 ton version. It’s pretty cheaply made and didn’t feel safe lifting my cars.

Ended up buying a torin from Costco. The build is way better and I don’t feel like the thing is gonna either tip over or collapse on itself.
Agreed. These are not satisfactory when it comes to feeling safe under the vehicle.

The Costco torin or arcan are proper
Apr 15, 2012
386 posts
646 upvotes
I bought the set the OP listed a few years ago for $79 on clearance and it's fine for my diy usage. It's not low profile. In fact it's massive and weighs a ton. But for seasonal tire changes and whatnot it's perfectly fine. I never use my pinch welds though. I always jack up at the front and rear jack points and this jack will struggle to reach those since its not low profile. I manage by going through my wheel well. This set seems to go on clearance every year since no one thinks of buying automotive stuff at home depot. I'm willing to bet it'll go lower
Oct 24, 2019
867 posts
1466 upvotes
Edmonton
Along with not being low profile the max lift is only 18". Made sure it will work for you before you buy.
Oct 10, 2012
66 posts
83 upvotes
Vaughan
I have this jack. Bought it during COVID, got only the jack for $130. So it's a good price for the set.

The jack is good for my needs, tire and brake changes, on my coupe. My only complaint is that the jack isn't long enough. I can't jack it from the front or the rear, must do each corner 1 at a time.
Dec 24, 2017
54 posts
53 upvotes
GTA
EasyCompany251 wrote: People like HomeDepot/Husky for their lifetime warranty
As a heads up, the warranty on the jack and jack stands is a 1 year limited warranty. The lifetime warranty usually only applies to their hand tools.

Asides that, I have this set and it’s good enough for seasonal tire changes. The clearance height is enough for my SUV.

But like others have mentioned, this one is heavy and the handle style isn’t as convenient. The creeper is also not very comfortable and is narrow if you have broad shoulders.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1364 posts
751 upvotes
After all the comments on the Costco Torin 3 ton jack, I decided to take a look. There's a lot of bad reviews (50%), from dropping the vehicle to leaking and locking up.
Nov 27, 2016
421 posts
505 upvotes
m8x
I would be very careful paying a lot for a jack as they cannot be easily repaired, at least in Canada.

I have a brand new Craftsman jack that I stored for many years which when opened and used, leaked oil from the piston. Sears Canada, when they were still around, would not sell me the seal kit to repair it, even though it was available in the U.S. I then called several other jack suppliers pretending to be an owner as a test and requesting to buy a seal kit, none would sell me one.

With all that experience, I purchased a cheap 2 ton jack for $33 (on sale) and will use this until it breaks then toss it out and simply buy another cheap one. Of course, I never use the jack without a stand to support the car as no one should trust a cheap jack.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2067 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto
While a good deal for myself i prefer the Torin from Costco, got a couple of them 10 years back on clearance for just less than $50 each and it super solid which is what you need if working on a vehicle. Has a wider stance, just more stable and you do.t take chances seeing you don't want something to go south when you are vulnerable.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Mar 28, 2017
61 posts
74 upvotes
These were on sale for $50 a year or 2 ago when i bought it. FYI, the creeper is absolute garbage. It sags in the middle where the attachment/assembly points are so you end up having to arch your back so that your shoulders and butt are the only points to even get the thing to move. If you have an epoxied floor, expect this thing to scratch the crap out of it. The jack itself would lose pressure over time so you would have to throw in a few pumps every 10 minutes. The stands arent bad for 3-ton stands
Oct 26, 2017
159 posts
275 upvotes
Lots of negative reviews for Jack kits that aren't this one.

I have this EXACT kit. I needed a 3-ton jack for some of the equipment around my farm. It's heavy - but has been flawless. It doesn't lose pressure. If you have that problem take it back. I've abused mine pretty hard.

The jack stands are Jack stands. They all pretty much work the same. I will point out the locking lever is one piece on these. Some of the cheap ones have roll pins or pressed pieces - I've had those break.

The creeper is ok. It doesn't sag and scratch my garage floor, but the folding design is weaker in the middle. I've broken the strap part of the yellow bits that lock in the pins. I don't fold mine anymore. I also had one piece of back support separate from the metal frame. I think the screws worked themselves loose and then pulled out - might not have happened if they were kept snug. I just put slightly bigger ones in.
Feb 17, 2019
102 posts
90 upvotes
This jack is pretty heavy compared to some of the aluminum 3 ton ones. But what I really didn't like about it is that the release mechanism isn't as smooth and slow compared to the Costco 3 ton one (also sold as a Motomaster branded one from CDN Tire). It's almost like an on/off switch...so have to be careful when lowering.