Husky 46 inch 9 drawer mobile workbench $298 ALL COLOURS NOW

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2021 3:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2282 posts
1292 upvotes
London
fightbriz wrote: What kinds of things do people do on the surface? It seems like such a tiny surface to do anything?
Too often, it is a horizontal surface that accumulates things.
Occasionally it gets used as a work surface for clean, non destructive things.
I have another workbench for real work.

The strong feature is the drawer storage, and not the bench aspect.
It really should be marketed more as a set of drawers, and not a workbench.
Even a set of drawers naturally has a top surface though.
Turp wrote:
I will put my sander on top of it.
Yes, this type of thing it can be used for.
A surface for a bench drill press, etc. too.
I would not be hammering, etc. on it.
Oct 5, 2009
837 posts
87 upvotes
Regina
Are these sold anywhere else? Are these not being replaced at home depot now?
Oct 5, 2009
837 posts
87 upvotes
Regina
Mmagic888 wrote: My top drawer didn’t lock in as strong as the lower drawers and sometimes when opening the lower drawers the top would slide open (My drawer slants forward slightly). I added neodymium magnets on the back of the top drawer and it now stays closed.
Due to the slope of my garage, having the same issue. Which magnets did you get?

Thx
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1516 posts
1105 upvotes
Shiftup wrote: Due to the slope of my garage, having the same issue. Which magnets did you get?

Thx
I got the 30mmx10mmx2mm ones from AE: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 4c4d1X7q59

It allowed me to stack them in 2mm increments. I stuck them on the back of the top drawer just above where the notches are for the locking mechanism (on both sides). I glued the 1st magnet to the drawer so that there is minimal movement.
Images
  • 13F9C839-FDC1-409E-A535-3DDFD935D0BC.jpeg
Oct 5, 2009
837 posts
87 upvotes
Regina
Mmagic888 wrote: I got the 30mmx10mmx2mm ones from AE: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 4c4d1X7q59

It allowed me to stack them in 2mm increments. I stuck them on the back of the top drawer just above where the notches are for the locking mechanism (on both sides). I glued the 1st magnet to the drawer so that there is minimal movement.
Awesome, thank you!