Husky 46 inch 9 drawer mobile workbench $298 ALL COLOURS NOW

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2021 3:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5065 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
ca_gascon wrote: Thanks OP! Ordered one for my nonexistent garage.

Hoping for the best for lumber prices.🤞
I have this and not sure I would recommend it for woodworking (if that's your goal). Probably still better to build your own workbench so it fits your height and intended uses (like bolting in clamps/vises). Hopefully wood prices come back to normal where you can build a work bench relatively cheap with a frame built out of 2*4s/4*4s and a 3/4" plywood top.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2280 posts
1290 upvotes
London
Gibsons wrote: 160 lbs, bring a buddy. I'm sure it's in pieces and boxed... most likely fits easily in a Medium sized SUV.
slifer wrote: I have the 52". Its in one box, have to screw in the handle and 4 wheels when you receive it
46" was a single box.
I believe the wheels and handle were not installed.

Search for previous threads (or youtube).
I gave a youtube link where there are a couple of reinforcing mods.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3728 posts
7369 upvotes
Laval
Packaged Depth (in inches)
Packaged Height (in inches)
Packaged Width (in inches)

Packaged Weight (In lbs)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3728 posts
7369 upvotes
Laval
WARNING
the workbench is 46" not 49"

the thread heading is wrong
Husky 49 inch 9 drawer mobile workbench $298 ALL COLOURS NOW
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2777 posts
1817 upvotes
2Riskit wrote: WARNING
the workbench is 46" not 49"

the thread heading is wrong
Husky 49 inch 9 drawer mobile workbench $298 ALL COLOURS NOW
Thanks. Edited the title.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46480 posts
6882 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MKOtic wrote: Does anyone have any tips or idea on the best way to gain some height on the bench? 38 is a bit low, and hoping for something around 45 inches tall to be comfortable.
What are you using it for? I actually find it a bit high. Tablesaws are 34" in height usually which means unless I take off the casters, I can't use it as an outfeed table :(
Sep 11, 2007
292 posts
210 upvotes
Two questions:

1. Will Home Depot put this in your SUV for you?
2. Suggestions on how to unload this given the weight for an average homeowner.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1516 posts
1105 upvotes
GoKartRacer wrote: Two questions:

1. Will Home Depot put this in your SUV for you?
2. Suggestions on how to unload this given the weight for an average homeowner.
Just picked this up last week:

1) yes they helped load for me.
2) My wife and I were able to slide it out of our SUV and onto the ground on the side. Remove the packaging and install the casters then you can tilt it upright.
Sep 14, 2007
943 posts
398 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks for posting OP.

Been wanting a blue one for awhile.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1516 posts
1105 upvotes
T742405 wrote: What was the regular price of this?
I paid $418 + tax last week - 10% Rakuten.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1516 posts
1105 upvotes
I would like to add that the casters were in the lowest drawer so if you were to tilt it on the side to assemble, I’d advise having it laid down on it’s back.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1516 posts
1105 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: It's actually been this price for the past few years, once or twice a year, but good price nonetheless.

The 52" version is also on sale for $398, and is available in all 5 colours and not just black.

Any thoughts? Hard to justify 6" for an extra $100, but I'm digging the navy or red over the black...
BTW will these things fit in a standard SUV?
If you can afford the space for the 52”, I’d personally go for that. I only had space for the 46” and some of the socket trays I bought doesn’t fit so I have to trim the plastic.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3077 posts
1768 upvotes
Just bought an enclosed cargo trailer. These may be ideal to have a removable system if I need to transport large items.

Depth is reasonable also at under 2 feet. I doubt the casters locking would be enough, but I am confident I could secure these easily for quick removal.
Nov 25, 2018
52 posts
52 upvotes
Nice catch, it wasn't advertised anywhere in store that it's 298. All the tags on the shelves still said $418, even the one on the floor. Great value at this price, fit in a CX5 on its back easily with HD helper to load. Single person can unload.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30060 posts
10808 upvotes
I've been waiting for the 52" to go on sale, in more than just black (which as been on sale a few times now), so guess I gotta get it. Will def. have to measure dimensions and see if will fit in the car. The good thing about getting one is I'll have to clear out the section of my garage that just has stuff piled there :lol:
May 31, 2016
564 posts
565 upvotes
I had this. It was really good. However, if your entire house burns to the ground, it will NOT survive the fire. Trust me on this one. Just an FYI.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2777 posts
1817 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: I've been waiting for the 52" to go on sale, in more than just black (which as been on sale a few times now), so guess I gotta get it. Will def. have to measure dimensions and see if will fit in the car. The good thing about getting one is I'll have to clear out the section of my garage that just has stuff piled there :lol:
I'd say it's unlikely to fit in a car. It probably won't fit through the mouth of a trunk, and it would be very heavy to do so as well.

I think it would fit in any regular suv lkke a rav 4 but it will have to be on its side.
Aug 3, 2005
198 posts
16 upvotes
GTA
I ordered 2 and got them delivered within 3 hours today - $70 shipping (or $60 next day). If you order a colour that isn't in stock at your local store for delivery, shipping is $60 per item.

It's reasonably heavy. Probably could have fit one at a time in the SUV with rear seats down. I used the foam from the box to protect it and flipped it on it's back to put on the castors.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1125 posts
552 upvotes
I could've fit 2 52 inchers in my van. Make sure to lie it flat if u can. Otherwise the corners would break the windows