• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 7:45 am
[OP]
May 10, 2014
50 posts
67 upvotes
ON

[Home Depot] Husky 77x78x24 4-Shelf Welded Storage Rack (YMMV Clearance) $148

Husky 77-inch W x 78-inch H x 24-inch D 4-Shelf Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit with Wire Deck in Black
Model # ERZ782478W4C|Store SKU # 1000677085

Online shows $198, but Ancaster ON had several left in store today at $148.
22 replies
Aug 25, 2019
894 posts
909 upvotes
Saw this on display a few days ago. Looked nice and solid. Absolutely LOVE Resin Shelves...have about 40.. Hugging FaceFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Dec 13, 2008
470 posts
214 upvotes
Good price if you can find one.

Anyone know if these are the same type of shelving they sell at Costco (they look very similar)? I would like to know if I purchase one of these, that it will be a similar product as the one from Costco.
I'm just here for the deals....
Feb 20, 2008
565 posts
762 upvotes
Great rack. Great price.

Above statement applies to storage and other things....
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3604 posts
3857 upvotes
Montreal, QC
blisterd_nuts wrote: Good price if you can find one.

Anyone know if these are the same type of shelving they sell at Costco (they look very similar)? I would like to know if I purchase one of these, that it will be a similar product as the one from Costco.
For all intents and purposes it is identical.

I have one of these Husky;s in my garage, which I had picked up on clearance over 10 yrs ago. It is super loaded, and the thing is super solid. Love it.

I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory as the Whalen units that costco sells.

I installed the bottom shelf about 17" off the floor, and this way I fit 4x 16" high storage tubs under the first shelf, and this way I also have a little less height between other shelves (did not need ALL of them that spaced out that much). I was worried with first shelve being so high, it would weaken the structure, but not even close :)

IF I had room, I'd definitely buy another, but no room for now :)
Last edited by Emporium on Aug 15th, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18595 posts
6029 upvotes
London
blisterd_nuts wrote: Good price if you can find one.

I believe Costco = 5 shelves for $199 regular price and $150 when on sale (1X per year)
vs
HD = 4 shelves
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5737 posts
5470 upvotes
BC
The rack sold at Costco does have 5 shelves and I believe is taller than the 4 shelf model. It's under the Gorilla brand name now rather than Whalen.
Dec 16, 2006
419 posts
90 upvotes
Just to add to above posts, the Costco version’s dimensions are 72” wide x 84” high x 24” deep. So Costco’s is narrower but taller with 5 tiers.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3604 posts
3857 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SizzleChest wrote: The rack sold at Costco does have 5 shelves and I believe is taller than the 4 shelf model. It's under the Gorilla brand name now rather than Whalen.
Costco Canada no longer has the Whalen or the Gorilla one online (maybe some left in stores ).

However they now have a CAT one. It seems to be pretty much EXACTLY line the Husky one, except just 6" shorter (same as the whalen one)

In the US, Costco still has the Whalen shelf.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5737 posts
5470 upvotes
BC
jrees wrote: Speaking of the Gorilla/Whalen rack from Costco. Does anybody have a link to the instructions? Whalen seems to only make it available if you request it. I've sent them an email, but am hoping for quicker access.

The reason I ask is I just picked up 4 units from a seller on kijiji and it'd be nice to have the actual assembly manual for reference with so many parts here.

I haven't watched the entire video, but I think this is what you are looking for.
Aug 6, 2015
48 posts
31 upvotes
Anyone see this price in another home depot?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5737 posts
5470 upvotes
BC
jrees wrote: Wasn't the racks I purchased, but thanks for the effort. I did manage to find one source for mine. It's not as HD as the one you linked, but thanks!
You're welcome, but if you're going to ask about a model other what is in the OP, please specify.
Jul 5, 2005
192 posts
48 upvotes
Windsor
thefragger wrote: Can this style of racking be stacked?
These are not designed for stacking.
Jul 5, 2005
192 posts
48 upvotes
Windsor
TIP: I have 3 shelves set up like so to maximize the available space in my basement: I----I----I----I I----I

Instead of: I----I I----I I----I

or: I----I----I I----I----I

Might be useful depending on what your situation.
Aug 10, 2013
479 posts
223 upvotes
Mississauga
godonna wrote: Husky 77-inch W x 78-inch H x 24-inch D 4-Shelf Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit with Wire Deck in Black
Model # ERZ782478W4C|Store SKU # 1000677085

Online shows $198, but Ancaster ON had several left in store today at $148.
I bought one at $99 last year.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3492 posts
3961 upvotes
Prince George
thefragger wrote: Can this style of racking be stacked?
Even if you did have 14 foot ceilings and a boom lift to get to the top shelves, no, they do not come with connectors. You could probably fab something up but I would think proper pallet racks might be better for big storage.
Jun 4, 2006
379 posts
344 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: How high can your ceilings possibly be?
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Even if you did have 14 foot ceilings and a boom lift to get to the top shelves, no, they do not come with connectors. You could probably fab something up but I would think proper pallet racks might be better for big storage.
Garage is 10' ceilings, not unheard of. I have a couple shelves here that the previous owner built and I can comfortable use a step ladder to get up there. Trying to find a homogenous solution to replace them with. I've looked into pallet racks, they're totally a great option, especially the value on the used market.

I appreciate the replies, sounds like I'd have to fabricobble something with these Huskey racks, which doesn't go well with built-to-a-cost products. Cheers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)