Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Husky Digital Tire Pressure Gauge $6.88

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2022 7:54 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JMatts wrote: I learned the hard way, just get a good analog gauge.
Most of us only check our TP about twice a year, and unfortunately the batteries tend not to keep that long (especially if you keep it in your vehicle).
So when you need it, it's dead, or readings are off due to low battery.
I have this Tekton https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0037V ... UTF8&psc=1 I bought it in Aug 2017 and batteries were good until Jan 2022. I used it multiple times a year
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Bought one online with free shipping. The site says none in stock in store yet stocktrack says there are many.
I decided to not play any games and just get it sent to me.

Thanks OP
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1658 posts
2172 upvotes
I always worry about having low tire pressure on my old car. Got this so I can check it every time now.

Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: Don't forget to inflate 2-5 PSI over recommended tire pressure for better fuel economy.

Just be mindful that hot air expands and many tires have a maximum of 44 PSI :)
That is not a good idea. You should inflate the tires when cold to the recommendation in the owners manual or what the placard on the driver's side door jam says. Overinflation will cause the following issues:

- accelerated tire wear as the centre tread will wear faster

- poor braking and possible hydroplaning due to incorrect tire tread contact area

- harsher ride and possibly higher chance of tire and rim damage due to the tires not able to cushion the bumps on the road

The only time you can add more air then recommended is if you have additional load on the tires when towing or a vehicle full of people.

For example, if you are going on a long highway drive for several hours with a car full of people and trunk full of luggage on a hot day. In that case, adding a few psi over the recommended tire inflation numbers (but under the max tire psi) is good to prevent excess tire heat and possible tire blowouts.

That being said, you'd want to adjust the psi back to the recommendation afterwards when the trip is done to prevent any of the issues mentioned above.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
chhotadon wrote: I always worry about having low tire pressure on my old car. Got this so I can check it every time now.

Thanks OP
That's why it's good to check tire pressure monthly. This is critical in the winter where people have indoor parking and the outside temperature is much different. Tire pressure changes 1 psi for every 7 degrees sway in temperature. Pure nitrogen changes slightly less but not worth the cost and hassles. Regular air is 78% nitrogen already.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7025 upvotes
GTA North
solasguitarra wrote: Does this work with presta?
If can if you get a schreader (car valve) to presta adaptor. You can find them online easy or if you don’t want to wait for online shipping you can find them at Mountain Equipment Co-op ( MEC www.mec.ca ) in store or call up bicycle stores close to you as I am sure most would have them around.

I am not sure if cars use presta valves but I have not seen any in North America anyways so far but I could be wrong and euro/Asia/etc areas that use it.

I know with bicycles they have presta valves on high end and euro bicycles as I run presta valves on my bike. I got my adaptor at MEC many years ago. You could also get a screw on/off valve extender if you want to ease stress on the valve stem. Some people buy two (I guess 2 or 4 if you have a motor bike or car) or sometimes just keep one on their valves so they always have an adaptor on hand. For the weight weenies they would go with one. For those that want convenience will get one per valve they have and know of one is broken they have a spare on the other tire.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
hightech wrote: That is not a good idea. You should inflate the tires when cold to the recommendation in the owners manual or what the placard on the driver's side door jam says. Overinflation will cause the following issues:

- accelerated tire wear as the centre tread will wear faster

- poor braking and possible hydroplaning due to incorrect tire tread contact area

- harsher ride and possibly higher chance of tire and rim damage due to the tires not able to cushion the bumps on the road

The only time you can add more air then recommended is if you have additional load on the tires when towing or a vehicle full of people.

For example, if you are going on a long highway drive for several hours with a car full of people and trunk full of luggage on a hot day. In that case, adding a few psi over the recommended tire inflation numbers (but under the max tire psi) is good to prevent excess tire heat and possible tire blowouts.

That being said, you'd want to adjust the psi back to the recommendation afterwards when the trip is done to prevent any of the issues mentioned above.
My tires are 2-4 PSI higher (cold) for years and there have been no excess wear on any section of the tread.

Even these articles say slight over inflation is better.

https://www.cartalk.com/blogs/dear-car- ... er-too-low

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/learn ... sure-best/
Feb 9, 2017
349 posts
530 upvotes
i rarely use one of these since i bought an inflator with built-in gauge and auto shut-off. But I do use one once in a while to do a quick check.
Feb 27, 2021
298 posts
316 upvotes
in for 2. thx OP. I seem to go thru digital tire gauges so hopefully, this one has some legs
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Tried mine out, works really well, very little Nitrogen loss when testing and the angle is well chosen and Costco did a good job filling my tires to 32.5psi rears and 32psi fronts.
But they used ridiculously shallow valve stems (not sure if these come with the tire or are chosen by Costco).

I might grab a second one for backup.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Aug 13, 2003
669 posts
542 upvotes
Calgary
hightech wrote: ….Tire pressure changes 1 psi for every 7 degrees sway in temperature…
Just wondering where you figured out this calculation. I have always used tire pressure changes 1 psi for every 5.5 C of temperature change. I believe this is equivalent to what you normally find online that tire pressure changes 1 psi for every 10 F of temperature change.
Aug 13, 2003
669 posts
542 upvotes
Calgary
Webhead wrote: Good clearance price.
Bought a couple at 9.88.
It works well. Does accurate reading comparing to other Gauges I have.
And uses AA or AAA batteries, instead of Button Cell batteries.
I had bought two of them previously but both of them consistently read 2 psi higher as compared to 3 other gauges I have which read about the same as each other. I just compensate when using the Husky so if I want 32 PSI I know to aim for 34 PSI when reading with the Husky.
Mar 5, 2011
223 posts
217 upvotes
Eimana wrote: Port Coquitlam BC
Just a heads up. They scan at 6.88 but they adjusted based on the sticker. I didn't see any more with the sticker so YMMV for the lower price.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2256 posts
5022 upvotes
Picked one up awhile back i think during 9.88 sale. Finally used it this weekend. It does the job at a great price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)