Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Kidsquad 12V Jeep Wrangler Ride-On Toy in Red $198

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 3:04 am
Apr 10, 2009
727 posts
131 upvotes
Kevyd268 wrote: Does this thing have seatbelts?
Yeah, 2 sets of 3point belts.
kiasu wrote: does it fit a toddler who is like 4 to 5 years old? like 2 toddlers?
It might be tight. My skinny three year old and larger 1.5 year old fit snug with poofy jackets on and normally with no jackets.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3297 posts
3488 upvotes
kiasu wrote: does it fit a toddler who is like 4 to 5 years old? like 2 toddlers?
It fits a 5 years old, and a 3 years old. That I know of. But those kids are 40 and 30lb.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Apr 10, 2009
727 posts
131 upvotes
Here are some size 10 running shoes for size reference.
20200521_134959.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2987 posts
500 upvotes
Alberta
NRFDRFDR wrote: Anyone besides OP find one in store?
My local store says they have 1 in stock, so I ordered it for pickup. We'll see if it actually materializes (hope it's not a repacked return too...)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3297 posts
3488 upvotes
Notes:
- No directions on which screws are used where. But they are not difficult to figure out.
- A video online helped me with the installation.
- Plastic is cheap, and might have to struggle connecting that front fender together.
- The back side before installing the second side cage, install the beam connecting them together prior to doing so. -Video was wrong and you will know why when you deal with it-.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Dec 26, 2010
146 posts
50 upvotes
Simcoe County, Ontar…
OP can you comment on the leg room? My 4 yr old is tall for her age. Will she have room for a year or two? I've heard that these are cramped.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2178 posts
1611 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought one in December and I echo others’ sentiments. It’s good quality for the price, decent battery life, seems durable. The instructions were terrible but I managed. One of the plastic pieces had a broken screw hole, I emailed the company and they shipped me a new part right away.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2178 posts
1611 upvotes
Mississauga
Kreuger wrote: OP can you comment on the leg room? My 4 yr old is tall for her age. Will she have room for a year or two? I've heard that these are cramped.
Maybe one year, probably not two. It’s very cramped for my 6 year old, but perfect for my almost-4 year old. They squeeze in and ride it together anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2987 posts
500 upvotes
Alberta
I picked mine up today.

Assembly took me about 2.5 hours. I have no clue how the previous poster could have done this in 20 minutes - it takes 15 minutes to get everything out of the box and out of plastic.

1) The instructions could not be much worse - there's 20ish thumbstamp sized pictures that basically say "do this"... even though the pictures are too small to see.

2) My front axle isn't threaded correctly so I can't attach the wheel on entirely so the wheel wobbles around.

3) The "rollover" bar sucked to install because the screws didn't fit properly and one of the screwholes had plastic melted over it so I had to drill a new hole.

4) Without proper guidance for what screw to use when, I ran out of "long" screws to install the seat correctly. I didn't want to risk backing up and taking some of the previous long screws out because they may have broken the plastic

All in all, this couldn't have been more needlessly difficult to assemble.

The instructions also do not address how long to do the initial charge before use, I am going to wait 18 hours I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1157 posts
1841 upvotes
scouzer wrote: I picked mine up today.

Assembly took me about 2.5 hours. I have no clue how the previous poster could have done this in 20 minutes - it takes 15 minutes to get everything out of the box and out of plastic.

1) The instructions could not be much worse - there's 20ish thumbstamp sized pictures that basically say "do this"... even though the pictures are too small to see.

2) My front axle isn't threaded correctly so I can't attach the wheel on entirely so the wheel wobbles around.

3) The "rollover" bar sucked to install because the screws didn't fit properly and one of the screwholes had plastic melted over it so I had to drill a new hole.

4) Without proper guidance for what screw to use when, I ran out of "long" screws to install the seat correctly. I didn't want to risk backing up and taking some of the previous long screws out because they may have broken the plastic

All in all, this couldn't have been more needlessly difficult to assemble.

The instructions also do not address how long to do the initial charge before use, I am going to wait 18 hours I guess.
I was in the same boat when I put mine together a month ago. The “instructions” are hilariously small. Almost need a magnifying glass to see lol.

My 3 year old and 1.5 year old fit comfortably in it. Our neighbors 8 year old and 6 year old take it for a spin together sometimes. It’s tight, but they manage.
Dec 26, 2010
146 posts
50 upvotes
Simcoe County, Ontar…
SkiLLz wrote: Maybe one year, probably not two. It’s very cramped for my 6 year old, but perfect for my almost-4 year old. They squeeze in and ride it together anyway.
Thanks. She won't be 5 for a few months but I don't know if I want to spend that for only a year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3297 posts
3488 upvotes
For anyone struggling with the installation.

This video was a good enough guidance, took me an hour. Just make sure to attach the rollover rear bar to the side bars prior to installing the side bars to the car.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10462 posts
4868 upvotes
We bought 2 of these along with a john deere ride on back around christmas for $150 each if i recall,We purchased them for adults haha,Our small close by town has a spring downhill race then a atv ride.They lasted about 15 minutes and found the jeeps were alot less durable as the deere even though there all probably made in the same factory.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3297 posts
3488 upvotes
btw, the paper that comes with it says suitable for kids 48 months to 96 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)