Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Kidsquad 12V Jeep Wrangler Ride-On Toy in Red $198

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 3:04 am
Oct 7, 2017
192 posts
370 upvotes
squeeks786 wrote: Bought this for around 150-160 last time it went on sale in December / Jan. Best pre covid purchase as we have been using it daily.

Couple of pts of feedback.

The pedal assembly comes prefixed but is weak and can crack during unpacking so be careful. You may also want to disable it for smaller kids and just use the remote.

We get a good amount of use per charge (easily 45 minutes with a 4 year old and 2 year old). Although it’s a tight squeeze for two kids.

This thing is pretty durable and has nice traction. We are able to do modest to medium uphills with no problem.

The music is loud at max volume and our 2 year old keeps playing the same song at full volume.

Takes about 20 minutes to put together. You will have a few extra parts of hardware.

The hood hinge can be flimsy (not the locking snaps but the hinge) so be careful opening it as I snapped one side hooking up the battery.

At fulll power and full speed it moves pretty fast.
I second this reply, in exact same situation. Works great. Loose contact on the battery. I bought 2 extra 12v batteries and doubled the range. Enough for 1.5 hours full speed. Saved me during covid epidemic a lot of times. Has aux cable for streaming music. I though that also about extra parts, instructions are a bit unclear. However extra parts are used to secure front wheels to prevent unbalance/shaking when steering. A bit of a cheap quality, but i would not complain for160$, or even 200$. Great investment.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3284 posts
3481 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: I second this reply, in exact same situation. Works great. Loose contact on the battery. I bought 2 extra 12v batteries and doubled the range. Enough for 1.5 hours full speed. Saved me during covid epidemic a lot of times. Has aux cable for streaming music. I though that also about extra parts, instructions are a bit unclear. However extra parts are used to secure front wheels to prevent unbalance/shaking when steering. A bit of a cheap quality, but i would not complain for160$, or even 200$. Great investment.
You using the seat belts? Noticed that they fall from the sides, like there is no way to bring the three point connection up.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3284 posts
3481 upvotes
Funny thing is that I went on the thread for December last year home-depot-149-kidsquad-jeep-wrangler-1 ... n-2342672/, and asked if anyone had it and I would pay $200. Lo and behold it is $200 from HD now lol. Maybe I should have said that I would pay $100 X)
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Oct 7, 2017
192 posts
370 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: You using the seat belts? Noticed that they fall from the sides, like there is no way to bring the three point connection up.
When wife is around i use seatbelts. Sometimes even bike helmets.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2128 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
I was finally able to pick one up at Home Depot after visiting two others. For those looking to pick this up, here's a few things I think might help:

- on the website, change your location to the one that shows stock. It should populate where exactly the item is (e.g. Aisle 04, Bay 020) - if it doesnt give you this information, either that location doesnt have it on the floor and associates wont be able to locate it.
- If you do find the location shows the location of the product in the store, do an in-store pick up asap.
- I went to Eglinton HD and the signage there was "Special Buy: $349". I have a feeling the $198 was the last clearance price and systems havent been updated yet. The price in-store, once they scanned it, was $198 though.
- if you do ISPU, simply take your cart to the service desk and tell them you have an online order and picked it yourself. They will simply clear out your order.
- Warden/401 HD shows 12 in stock but they couldnt find it.
Apr 10, 2011
771 posts
613 upvotes
@OP how did you get the $10 off coupon? I just signed up for emails but no mention of the $10 off coupon...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3284 posts
3481 upvotes
lemmiwinks wrote: @OP how did you get the $10 off coupon? I just signed up for emails but no mention of the $10 off coupon...
They used to give them with email sign up, to be honest, last time I did it was couple of months ago, but couldnt use it as the store was closed, so they expired, showed the manager that it was expired, and it was out of my hand to use it at the time due to online orders only. So she applied the discount anyways.
Mar 26, 2008
203 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I picked one up in Ajax the other day for my 2yo. She loves it. As others have said it took about an hour or so to put together, and the instructions suck hard.

Listed for $198, only the red ones. They had 2 skids of them by the exit doors.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3355 posts
1259 upvotes
Brampton
PriceHunter wrote:
You using the seat belts? Noticed that they fall from the sides, like there is no way to bring the three point connection up.
Try putting shoulder belt over 'rollbar'
nada
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3284 posts
3481 upvotes
dredd2099 wrote: Try putting shoulder belt over 'rollbar'
Nice idea. Will try it out
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1530 posts
70 upvotes
At least 6 left in Brampton at Trinity mall
Feb 9, 2006
25 posts
9 upvotes
Has anyone modded these to use power tool batteries? Neighbour bought one already modded and his kids fly by mine in their vehicle.
Mar 25, 2019
152 posts
116 upvotes
smooth.operator wrote: Has anyone modded these to use power tool batteries? Neighbour bought one already modded and his kids fly by mine in their vehicle.
I'd love to know as well. Upgrading the battery sounds legit for longevity as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3284 posts
3481 upvotes
dredd2099 wrote: Try putting shoulder belt over 'rollbar'
did that, just a note, cross it between the flood lights, then another cross at the chest and you get a solid seat belt.

Also, loving this car for two things:
A) It can handle rough usage, my kids drove from the curb to the street (panic moment) and it went down without flipping or struggling.
B) That remote is a godsend, would not use this car if it didnt have a remote, saved me from a heart attack multiple times.
C) I can go jugging with the kids driving, can't even feel the run from my focus on them while running.