• May 26th, 2021 10:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada

[Home Depot] Klein Tools 50 ft. Steel Fish Tape - $24.97

Great price for the length you're getting, goes well with the 50 ft cat6 cables from PA a few weeks ago. I'll be using this to hopefully add ethernet jacks around the house! These sold for $39.56 before (According to Stocktrack)

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001491674

And if anyone is wondering how these work...
Images
  • Fishing wire.jpg
Live a little
20 replies
Dec 17, 2017
119 posts
112 upvotes
How to reduce the danger of getting electric shock when using this?
- I don't want to buy the expensive glove like hundreds of dolars
- shut off power? ( but usually I don't want to shut off the power for the whole house)

What else I can do ?
Feb 5, 2017
70 posts
116 upvotes
ogloprfd wrote: How to reduce the danger of getting electric shock when using this?
- shut off power? ( but usually I don't want to shut off the power for the whole house)

What else I can do ?
You don't attach a live line to it...
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4310 posts
3539 upvotes
GTA
ogloprfd wrote: How to reduce the danger of getting electric shock when using this?

What else I can do ?
Sign up for youtube university classes or call the pro. If you have uninsulated live wires inside your walls something is really wrong.
Feb 9, 2011
768 posts
289 upvotes

What else I can do ?
Not sure why you would be fishing this around live exposed wiring? Astonished Face
Oct 27, 2012
179 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
is this on sale? seems like regular price
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
Yadvinder007 wrote: is this on sale? seems like regular price
As mentioned in the post, the regular price from a few months ago was 39 and change. This price beats other stores like Sayal which has unknown brands. I was going to purchase this through Sayal thinking they had the cheaper price for these when I found this price at home depot.
Live a little
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada

What else I can do ?
As another user mentioned....do not attach live wires to this....if you're still unsure, call an electrician to do this task for you!
Live a little
Jun 12, 2018
336 posts
259 upvotes
Ontario
Just bought one of these a few weeks ago. Getting ready to install some recessed lights. Regular price I think but not a bad price either. 50' model seems to be better value than the 25'.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
stevo88 wrote: Just bought one of these a few weeks ago. Getting ready to install some recessed lights. Regular price I think but not a bad price either. 50' model seems to be better value than the 25'.
Yeah, I was initially looking for this for a small job, but when I saw the minimal price difference between the 25 and 50ft, I decided to go with the 50ft....more future proof as well (especially for an amateur diyer)
Live a little
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1181 posts
1442 upvotes
Thanks OP! Been waiting for this to go on sale.
May 10, 2021
25 posts
7 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Sign up for youtube university classes or call the pro. If you have uninsulated live wires inside your walls something is really wrong.
well. i think that guy never fish any wires. before. ....
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1102 posts
1017 upvotes
Fish tape. You never have one when you need it and when you buy one you seem to never need it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
sparkaction wrote: Fish tape. You never have one when you need it and when you buy one you seem to never need it.
Totally agree, it's a very specific- use product, but I think it's worth spending 25$ than use a series of straightened steel clothes hangers Face With Tears Of Joy
Live a little
Mar 4, 2006
463 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Any advantage over the ones sold at PA?

There's a 100 ft for same price
Nov 1, 2020
36 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks OP! I think 100’ of steel tape will weigh quite a bit, unless you really think you’ll use that much length. 50’ should be enough for most application, but to each their own.

I’ll grab this one over PA, because got screwed over with their SUP board deal, don’t want anymore disappointment. Grinning Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
Brossarder wrote: Thanks OP! I think 100’ of steel tape will weigh quite a bit, unless you really think you’ll use that much length. 50’ should be enough for most application, but to each their own.

I’ll grab this one over PA, because got screwed over with their SUP board deal, don’t want anymore disappointment. Grinning Face
I got screwed over with their bike rack deal, I also didn't want anymore disappointmentFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Live a little
Apr 7, 2020
300 posts
835 upvotes
Always wanted to try fishing some wires. This can be my new pandemic hobby! :lol: