• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 12:33 pm
[OP]
Oct 21, 2009
417 posts
513 upvotes

[Home Depot] Kreg K4 Master System - $129.50

EDIT:

OK, the super discount at Bradford is OOS now.
You are still able to get the Kreg K4 Master System for $129.50:
Lowe's has it on sale for $155
Price Match at Home Depot. They will beat it by 10% ($155-15.5=$139.50)
Use the $10 email coupon to get the price to $129.50.

Home Depot Stocktrack
Lowe's Stocktrack

In my opinion, this is a better deal than the K5 for $139.99.
Here is my explanation why.

ORIGINAL: Home Depot Bradford store has the K4 Master System for $74.49. Saving of over $120.51.

In my opinion, the K4 Master System is best pocket hole system
It is better than the K4 because it includes the dust attachment, clamp and portable base.
It is better than the K5 because it includes the clamp and portable base. The K5 has user friendly features, but they are easily overcome: build your own side wings, use a box for storage, and chances are, you will not be drilling pocket holes into a piece of material so big that you cannot reach over or around. You will be able to make things with the K4MS which you will not be able to make with the K5.
Sure, the K5 Master System is even better, but it costs between $200 and $250. Not worth the price for basically a forward facing clamping mechanism.

Since Bradford only have 3 in stock, see if you can get Lowes to price match. Lowes should be able beat is by 10%.

Also, with both companies you can also use the $10 email promo on online orders of $50 or more.

Good luck. Act quick, this may be gone soon.
Last edited by Bart_ on Jan 6th, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Oct 27, 2009
612 posts
426 upvotes
Hamilton
Bart_ wrote: Home Depot Bradford store has the K4 Master System for $74.49. Saving of over $120.51.

Since Bradford only have 3 in stock, see if you can get Lowes to price match. Lowes should be able beat is by 10%.

Also, with both companies you can also use the $10 email promo on online orders of $50 or more.
Tried to price match lowes. No dice. Must be local store per chat Rep.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1819 posts
744 upvotes
GTA
Went OOS as I was checking out :(
[OP]
Oct 21, 2009
417 posts
513 upvotes
Looks like it is OOS now.

Lowes has this on sale for $159, so you can price match at Home Depot and get it for $133 ($159-10%-$10 email coupon).
Oct 26, 2012
91 posts
55 upvotes
Whitehorse
Would HD price match their own website? Ie take a printout of the Bradford price to a BC store?

You'd think they would have to.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2819 posts
4343 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Braddock54 wrote: Would HD price match their own website? Ie take a printout of the Bradford price to a BC store?

You'd think they would have to.
According to one online rep, no.
Images
  • 16116087777116942635084552795729.jpg
Sep 14, 2007
879 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary, AB
OP, I'm interested in finding out what can be made with the K4 that couldn't with the K5.

This is just my own experience, but there's nothing I couldn't drill a pocket hole into using the K5, if I want a pocket hole in it.
[OP]
Oct 21, 2009
417 posts
513 upvotes
ecobuilder wrote: OP, I'm interested in finding out what can be made with the K4 that couldn't with the K5.

This is just my own experience, but there's nothing I couldn't drill a pocket hole into using the K5, if I want a pocket hole in it.
I’ll give you an example from a project I did in the summer. My neighbour gave me an old teachers desk. The top was held on with original pocket hole style screws which were completely stripped. The top was already off, and I took the opportunity to re-finish it. Once I was done, I used the portable base which came with the K4MS to drill new holes in the legs from inside the drawers along the sides and back. The holes are completely concealed.
If I didn’t have the portable base, I would have to disassemble majority of the bottom of desk, including the sides and drawer supports to be able to fit the K5 jig on/around the corners where the screws had to go.
This thing is made from very old, dry and brittle mahogany, it would have caused a lot of frustration trying to reassemble everything together in a tight space.
Oct 26, 2012
91 posts
55 upvotes
Whitehorse
stovetop wrote: According to one online rep, no.
I also asked, and the online person said the same thing. Super weird how they will price match any other retailer plus 10%, but won't price match another HD store?

I am going to try this in person, leading with 'can you tell me about your price match policy?'. Oh ok, cool. Then hit them with the Branford price on paper.

Wish me luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1263 posts
2079 upvotes
Braddock54 wrote: I also asked, and the online person said the same thing. Super weird how they will price match any other retailer plus 10%, but won't price match another HD store?

I am going to try this in person, leading with 'can you tell me about your price match policy?'. Oh ok, cool. Then hit them with the Branford price on paper.

Wish me luck!
The Branford price is back to $195. Its not valid anymore. But GL! Just hope they don't check the store price on the system.
Mar 19, 2019
45 posts
38 upvotes
The K4MS is going for $139.95 at KMS tool. https://www.kmstools.com/kreg-master-po ... kit-175674
The K5MS is going for $199.95 (This is not much of a deal.)

Thanks for the community help. I have decided to go for the K5. The K5 tightening mechanism being operated on the same side as the drilling makes cabinet building a lot easier.
Oct 27, 2009
612 posts
426 upvotes
Hamilton
When I price matched at Home Depot in the past, they said you can't use the coupon.