Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Lawn Mower Toro 20340 - $476.10 (after PM, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:12 am
[OP]
Apr 20, 2020
1 posts
46 upvotes

[Home Depot] Lawn Mower Toro 20340 - $476.10 (after PM, YMMV)

Several models of Toro available on sale at Kooy brothers. Price Match with Home Depot

Toro 20340
Home Depot - $998
Kooy Bros - $529 ($20 off) https://kooybros.com/toro-20340-persona ... opel-mower
PM @HD for $476.10

How does this Toro deal compare with Greenworks Deal on sale at Lowes for $479?
https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... lsrc=aw.ds
596 replies
Mar 29, 2006
259 posts
153 upvotes
Waiting for EGO lawnmowers to go on sale
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2549 posts
1130 upvotes
Orleans, ON
What was your inspiration for your username?
Nov 26, 2003
878 posts
73 upvotes
gta
I was just about to try and put a pm through on this .. just trying to figure out the best way to contact them to see if they will pm ....
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3306 posts
693 upvotes
smpmush wrote: I was just about to try and put a pm through on this .. just trying to figure out the best way to contact them to see if they will pm ....
Call them.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1200 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have this mower? In the market for one, is this a good price for the Toro?
Feb 4, 2013
224 posts
85 upvotes
Guelph
What the difference between spending $500 and $200 on lawn mowers? Never owned one and now need one...wife says get a new one...I want to be cheap and get a used one for $100...but worried I'll get the "told you so" lecture
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1200 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Also, why is the Home Depot price so inflated?
Apr 3, 2007
700 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
I have a version of this mower. I bought it 2 years ago and it runs great. Highly recommend.

There is also this weird thing with mowers and other gas powered machinery. You need to run the mower out of gas each time you use it. Apparently it ruins the motor if you keep fuel in the mower and that reduces the life of the mower greatly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6356 posts
2011 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: I have a version of this mower. I bought it 2 years ago and it runs great. Highly recommend.

There is also this weird thing with mowers and other gas powered machinery. You need to run the mower out of gas each time you use it. Apparently it ruins the motor if you keep fuel in the mower and that reduces the life of the mower greatly.
That sounds ridiculous. I've had my Craftsman for 17 years now and I don't even take it out over winter (actually started two years ago emptying for winter).
Last edited by baz5 on Apr 21st, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 17, 2017
187 posts
73 upvotes
AlMosDef wrote: Waiting for EGO lawnmowers to go on sale
Definitely hope so, not sure though if ego mowers ever go on sale ?
Sep 23, 2013
509 posts
288 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
patthan wrote: What the difference between spending $500 and $200 on lawn mowers? Never owned one and now need one...wife says get a new one...I want to be cheap and get a used one for $100...but worried I'll get the "told you so" lecture
I asked for feedback in the home and garden forum, apparently it matters a lot. From what I gathered, I'm going to at the very least be looking for a lawnmotor with a Honda motor. Unfortunately this means spending a bit more.
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Sep 21, 2015
152 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Seoulkid wrote: I have a version of this mower. I bought it 2 years ago and it runs great. Highly recommend.

Whats your source? Your supposed to run it out for the winter but not everytime you fill it.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1200 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
AlMosDef wrote: Waiting for EGO lawnmowers to go on sale
They don't come with the battery? HD website showing battery not included.
Dec 6, 2012
32 posts
7 upvotes
ORLEANS
This seems like it would be a GTA deal only, correct?
Nov 22, 2007
263 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: I use fuel stabilizer for off season storage.
Bit off topic but used a fuel stabilizer for the first time. When the next season comes, just start and go? Would that be way to go?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1498 posts
1929 upvotes
Atlantic
abhi wrote: Bit off topic but used a fuel stabilizer for the first time. When the next season comes, just start and go? Would that be way to go?
Start and go is what I do. Not sure what other options there are.

I use premium fuel only. No ethanol and water build up.