• May 28th, 2019 12:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie

[Home Depot] LED deck railing lighting 75% off

Peak Lighting LED strips for deck railing 75% off at Home Depot.
Starter kit with power supply, WiFi controller, 19' strip, $50
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/peak-p ... 1000832430

19' extension kit $25
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/peak-p ... 1000832431

3-pack of 8' mounting strips around $8
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/peak-p ... 1000832428

I found mine at Calgary NorthHill; YMMV by store. Clearance price isn't showing online.

Extensions can't be daisy chained. If you need more than 38' you need a second starter kit.

I used them with my Classic Railing Regal system by upgrading the glass gaskets instead of using the Peak mounting strips. Cost more for the Regal gaskets than the entire light system.

Click for photo!

Edit: the lights and controller from Classic Railing would cost $500 (6x6' light strips @ $63 + $124 for controller) which is why I didn't do this last year.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
17 replies
Nov 8, 2015
374 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Any chance you can post the receipt for possible price match?
Feb 21, 2013
204 posts
55 upvotes
Montréal
Which homedepot I see full price
Jan 20, 2008
231 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
seeker87 wrote: Which homedepot I see full price
These questions are answered in the original post...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie
seeker87 wrote: Which homedepot I see full price
jdewit wrote: I found mine at Calgary NorthHill; YMMV by store. Clearance price isn't showing online.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9576 posts
1959 upvotes
Edmonton
Still a rip off, just buy some LED strips from Costco, Amazon, Lightinthebox etc
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie
habuyeths wrote: Any chance you can post the receipt for possible price match?
seeker87 wrote: Can you show receipt please
Click
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3849 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
The app apparently is pretty bad based on limited reviews online (from App Store). Might not be worth it depending on how you feel about amazon knock offs that likely will cost less and have better app support (aka home/echo support).
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2046 posts
1542 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Click
Sure looks like the North Hill location. Why did you refund?

Was there any left at North Hill?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie
clseea wrote: Still a rip off, just buy some LED strips from Costco, Amazon, Lightinthebox etc
airmail wrote: Amazon cheaper
Probably. Keep in mind these come with a weatherproof powersupply and controller though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie
Chewfam wrote: Sure looks like the North Hill location. Why did you refund?

Was there any left at North Hill?
I wasn't sure how much I needed so grabbed extra. Returned in Airdrie. Suggest you call store to verify stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2046 posts
1542 upvotes
jdewit wrote: I wasn't sure how much I needed so grabbed extra. Returned in Airdrie. Suggest you call store to verify stock.
Fair but was there any left when you purchased at North Hill?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9576 posts
1959 upvotes
Edmonton
jdewit wrote: Probably. Keep in mind these come with a weatherproof powersupply and controller though.
No issue with the Costco version I installed. More colors and combinations as well
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3267 posts
1297 upvotes
Airdrie
Chewfam wrote: Fair but was there any left when you purchased at North Hill?
Lots of rails in black and white. There should be at least one extension left; I may have gotten the last starter kit. But I can't be sure.