Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

LG Electronics 30-inch W 20 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator ($720 after PM)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 12:15 am
Oct 20, 2017
239 posts
730 upvotes
Canuckticut
scottmg wrote: Top freezer? What year is this?
Are you really trying to brag about something like this on RFD, a bargains forum where people try to save the smallest penny? What possibly made you think this was a good idea?
Dec 9, 2017
344 posts
928 upvotes
google LG knock twice
stay away from anything that says linear compressor
Nov 30, 2011
579 posts
392 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Same with samsung. Mine 7 year old Samsung fridge sounds like a lawnmower, ice machine doesn't work and so on and so on. Avoid samsung and LG for appliances in my opinion; no matter what the price is.
Frigidaire is crappier. Cheaply built and unbelievably loud, can't even imagine how something like that could be designed and pass quality control. Sounds like a Harrier jet taking off. Maybe they were built for deaf people. Avoid Frigidaire at all cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1777 posts
7183 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Bzzzzt wrote: Frigidaire is crappier. Cheaply built and unbelievably
loud, can't even imagine how something like that could be designed and pass quality control. Sounds like a Harrier jet taking off. Maybe they were built for deaf people. Avoid Frigidaire at all cost.
Wow. I thought the opposite of Frigidaire. Heard good things about them. I'm in the market for a new fridge as my SamDung is almost dead.
What's in your wallet?
Feb 15, 2010
695 posts
687 upvotes
Surrey
What I've come to learn when looking at appliances

Initial: "Avoid [Brand X] is terrible, had one for 3 years before it died. Avoid at all costs. Got [Brand Y] no problems since"

Counter: "My parents had [Brand x] and it's still going for 20 years (unlike their marriage). I got [Brand Y] and it cost me $X to repair it, once it has another problem it's gone and I'll never get one again"
Nov 11, 2003
342 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Found appliance prices jumped 50-60% higher than 2019, inflation is already here.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4972 posts
4413 upvotes
Canadianbac0n wrote: google LG knock twice
stay away from anything that says linear compressor
Image result for lg knock twice
The Next Generation of Door-in-Door
The evolution of Door-in-Door continues with InstaView™ Door-in-Door. With InstaView™ Door-in-Door, you don't need to open to see inside. Now, simply knock twice on the glass to illuminate the contents inside without cold-air-loss.Jan. 12, 2021
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1190 posts
3348 upvotes
XGonGiveItToYa wrote: Are you really trying to brag about something like this on RFD, a bargains forum where people try to save the smallest penny? What possibly made you think this was a good idea?
certainly not bragging, genuinely didn't know they still made top freezer fridges...as someone else mentioned, if you are tall it is way more annoying to have the freezer on top, in my opinion.
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1190 posts
3348 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Not everyone lives in a fancy home or needs an overpriced wifi fridge ..

The OP is using this for his basement... Fits the bill if you ask me
Yikes, never said a wifi fridge or a fancy one...just commented that i didn't realize they even still made top freezer fridges...no need to get your panties in a knot .... breathe...
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6006 posts
5833 upvotes
Vancouver
smartfish wrote: Found appliance prices jumped 50-60% higher than 2019, inflation is already here.
Haven't seen that at all. Where are you shopping?

18 cu. ft. Frigidaire SS exterior at Costco sells for $749.

Amana 4.0 cu. ft. top-load washer is $500, which is around 10% more expensive than 2017.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4972 posts
4413 upvotes
scottmg wrote:
certainly not bragging, genuinely didn't know they still made top freezer fridges...as someone else mentioned, if you are tall it is way more annoying to have the freezer on top, in my opinion.
scottmg wrote:
Yikes, never said a wifi fridge or a fancy one...just commented that i didn't realize they even still made top freezer fridges...no need to get your panties in a knot .... breathe...
Don't know where you shop but all the appliance stores sell top freezer fridges.

I must be shopping at budget places... to fit my budget home.
Jun 9, 2019
594 posts
742 upvotes
SirLookout4Deals wrote: What I've come to learn when looking at appliances

Initial: "Avoid [Brand X] is terrible, had one for 3 years before it died. Avoid at all costs. Got [Brand Y] no problems since"

Counter: "My parents had [Brand x] and it's still going for 20 years (unlike their marriage). I got [Brand Y] and it cost me $X to repair it, once it has another problem it's gone and I'll never get one again"
Yep, anecdotal experiences are worth about nothing when it comes to reliability. What matters instead is large-scale studies and surveys, which you won't find on RFD, or the opinions of experts in the field who repair these kinds of things.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1262 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you take a look at the compressors in the fridges made in the last 15 years - they are 'energy efficient' - and about the size of a very large softball. They may be 'energy efficient' but they are not 'long for this world'. Which is good - for the manufacturers.

The older 'energy hog' compressors were the size of a basketball - and lasted forever... which was bad for the manufacturers. These old fridges worked forever ... hence their use as a basement or garage 'beer fridge' long after they get removed from the kitchen.

Older fridges also tended to have the heat releasing coils mounted vertically on the entire back side of the unit ... using natural convection to release the heat (no fan needed) - while the newer fridges have the coils stuffed underneath the fridge (just below that bottom mount freezer) - and require a fan (and regular cleaning of the dust bunnies coming off the floor) to work properly.
Feb 25, 2009
596 posts
282 upvotes
Is the deal dead ? Coast website shows $998 for me
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7186 posts
4849 upvotes
SW ON
careh wrote: If you take a look at the compressors in the fridges made in the last 15 years - they are 'energy efficient' - and about the size of a very large softball. They may be 'energy efficient' but they are not 'long for this world'. Which is good - for the manufacturers.

The older 'energy hog' compressors were the size of a basketball - and lasted forever... which was bad for the manufacturers. These old fridges worked forever ... hence their use as a basement or garage 'beer fridge' long after they get removed from the kitchen.

Older fridges also tended to have the heat releasing coils mounted vertically on the entire back side of the unit ... using natural convection to release the heat (no fan needed) - while the newer fridges have the coils stuffed underneath the fridge (just below that bottom mount freezer) - and require a fan (and regular cleaning of the dust bunnies coming off the floor) to work properly.
Also newer refrigerants require higher pressure. That's why newer fridges are louder and fail sooner.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
2011 posts
1170 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Wow, a top freezer for $800+ after tax?!

Back in 2014 I sold a simliar Inglis top freezer/fridge like new on kijiji for $150 and the buyer asked me to pay for pickup truck rental......